Patch Notes 13/10/17

Moderators: Developer, Web Developer, Language Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Tankbeardz

Re: Patch Notes 13/10/17

Post#271 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:07 am

I tested the disrupt spec with my guild and my RR71 magus dots were being disrupted about 30% of the time and DD spells were getting disrupted about 50% of the time vs 2 different WPs:
1 with 45% disrupt
1 with 65% disrupt

We also had the same results with a sorc and we can take videos sometime if needed.

I understand the need to balance melee vs range but this effectively neuters sorc/bw/magus from killing healers...especially if we add a tank with HTL into the equation.

I saw an argument here about picking a different target but that really doesn't hold water to me since the most effective way to kill a group is to kill it's healers. If they can heal from a distance without being pressured by ranged DPS, how can you expect to kill a guarded target?

On a side note, this change hits destro harder since the changes don't really affect engi and they also disrupt the mara pull.

I understand the changes need to be done but can we please look more closely at the equations for the amount of disrupt that willpower adds? Full disrupt costs 15 points and willpower is adding way too much benefit.

Torquemadra
Head Database Developer

Post#272 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:57 am

Engi - predominately physical damage, a type easily countered with armour and armour pots

Last I check HTL increased dodge as well.

Oh and whats this? Suddenly willpower is worth taking? As opposed to every healer not stacking their main stat and just throwing in armour talismans?

Nameless

Post#273 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:41 am

I like making wp relevant. After all by stacking wp u rise your defence vs magic users but that way didnt stack ofher defensive stats and become a little more squishy to phys dps

Btw as I understand new stats formulas didnt concern initiative and toughness stacking since there is not offencive stat that lower them. Is that right?
Mostly harmless

Rydiak

Post#274 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:03 am

Toughness is countered by main offensive stat. Initiative is essentially countered by critical strike percentage increases. At least to my understanding, the new formulas affect only avoidance (hit/no hit), not mitigation (hit, but affected in some way).
RoR is miles ahead of WAR (live). Thank you, devs!

Tankbeardz

Post#275 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:10 am

Torquemadra wrote:Engi - predominately physical damage, a type easily countered with armour and armour pots

Last I check HTL increased dodge as well.

Oh and whats this? Suddenly willpower is worth taking? As opposed to every healer not stacking their main stat and just throwing in armour talismans?

•Engi does less damage per hit than magus but the burst is much faster so, honestly, it's pretty even. The only real discrepancy is when attacking heavily armored targets like tanks. They both have their strengths and weaknesses but you won't find any target with 60-80% dodge as I've heard some healers getting in disrupt.
•You can run 650-750 Willpower and still run a full armor build with about 40-50% disrupt.

I wasn't complaining about the change, just the level of change. If this change sticks, I would expect the range meta to simply change to a melee meta and I don't think that was your goal, right?

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#276 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:39 am

Lots of stuff hotfixed this weekend. All the recent stuff is on the first post now.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Natherul
Lead Developer

Post#277 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:46 am

2 changes worth pointing out extra much that was in this hotfix:

- If you die under strange circumstances AND get a message about this, please do what the message tell you which is to screenshot the incident and post it on the bugtracker.

- Players can no longer accept guild invites to guilds with more then 78 players. Please note that this change is experimental and can be revoked at any point, I do suggest however that any big guilds sort down to 77 players or less as I will ignore any talks from guilds with numbers above this to track down the issue.
Lead dev does not mean I´m the best coder around, it just means I have taken on a management role for the devs.
Join the Unofficial IRC
Idrinth´s addon database and client

dansari

Post#278 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:11 am

Natherul wrote:- Players can no longer accept guild invites to guilds with more then 78 players. Please note that this change is experimental and can be revoked at any point, I do suggest however that any big guilds sort down to 77 players or less as I will ignore any talks from guilds with numbers above this to track down the issue.

78 players including alts? Tried inviting someone last night and they said they couldn't join but that also they stopped being able to loot mobs after not being invited. Will put it on the tracker.
Resident Salt Refinery of <Train Wreck>

Dansarann / SW
Dansaram / RP
Dansaren / BW

Hargrim
Developer

Post#279 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:13 am

78 total, so including alts.

dansari

Post#280 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:19 am

Word. I highly doubt many guilds, save the ones focused solely around 6v6, will be able to pare down to 78 without kicking actual, active members. Just my 2c
Resident Salt Refinery of <Train Wreck>

Dansarann / SW
Dansaram / RP
Dansaren / BW

Return to “Server Changelogs”