Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 13/10/17

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
fourhundred

Re: Patch Notes 13/10/17

Post#121 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:49 am

My comments regarding disrupt are not specifically related to this update. It has felt that way since I started playing the game again, and it seems guildies and other individuals I've spoken with have a similar option on the state of disrupt. Unfortunately, with no live server to compare with and develop an empirical data set, any comparison I make is purely anecdotal, but the difference feels drastic against both well geared healers and fresh level 40s who have not had the opportunity to stack dodge/disrupt.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#122 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:44 am

Hotfix:

Hargrim
- It is now possible to name Game Objects any way we want. Will be mostly visible on portals in game.
- Moved the draw timer to 4 hours after outer was damaged below 20% of health.
- Added draw timer to .rvr command - if it is enabled it will display there.
- Door repairing / respawn thing in RvR should be fixed now.

Secrets
- Knockdowns, Roots, Disables, and Staggers now disallow turning.
- Autoattack haste is now displayed as a percentage and applies to the paperdoll character window.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

repel
Game Artist

Post#123 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:47 am

wargrimnir wrote:Hotfix:
Secrets
- Autoattack haste is now displayed as a percentage and applies to the paperdoll character window.
why roots? on live you can turn in roots
Apache SH

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#124 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:54 am

repel wrote:
wargrimnir wrote:Hotfix:
Secrets
why roots? on live you can turn in roots
It's based on character velocity. If movespeed is forced to 0 via CC, turning disables.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Annaise16

Post#125 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:59 am

Secrets wrote:
Annaise16 wrote:
Annaise16 wrote: math+english, my brain exploded.
so, strength now reduce parry chance from item/RR/skill? ( from .getstat values )
and weapon skills provide more parry than b4?

Yes. This is how I read it. I wonder if it's intentional.

To restore the % bonuses to their full percentage amounts they should use the contested chance and then a straight probability roll out of 100.

The contested chance should not include bonuses:

contested chance % = 100% x parry% / (100 + removed defense %)

The bonuses should be added to this and then a new roll made out of 100.

Final success % = contested chance + parry bonuses - strikethrough bonuses

Apology: Stuffed up the quotes.

Any word on how defense bonuses are adding?
I'd rather not do a contested roll out of 100. Otherwise, the bonuses from strength will always outweigh weaponskill, and always result in a negative value to parry from strength/weaponskill. Or if it's the other way around, you'll be nearing 100% parry. Neither are good.

Item stats, though - Parry% from items is added to the contested defense added from weaponskill, much like the tooltip for the items imply. Meaning that if you have 18.2% from weaponskill, and 9% from the items you have equipped, you now have 27.2% contested parry chance and have to roll a number between 0 and (100 + the offensive strikethrough %)

So, are you saying that a +10% Parry tactic, or +10% from dual wield, or renown, etc. should not improve your parry by 10%, but instead should improve your parry chance by 10% / (1 + removed defense + strikethrough bonuses), which is always going to be less than the +10% value on the tactic, gear item, etc.

For example, a level 40 attacker that has 1050 strength and no strikethrough bonus will change a +10% parry tactic into a +7.15% improvement in the defender's chance to parry, instead of the +10% value that is on the tactic.

Similarly, +20% bonus would turn into +14.3%, +30% would really be +21.4%, etc.

Telmorial

Post#126 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:06 am

Will other player's DOT damage break my detaunt on a target?
For example;
1. There is an mpds with various DOTs on him (none from me).
2. The mdps starts to attack me, I detaunt him and run (so still no DOTS or other damage from me).
3. Will the DOTs already applied (and still ticking) from other players on that mdps break my detaunt?

Secrets
Former Staff

Post#127 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:11 am

Telmorial wrote:Will other player's DOT damage break my detaunt on a target?
For example;
1. There is an mpds with various DOTs on him (none from me).
2. The mdps starts to attack me, I detaunt him and run (so still no DOTS or other damage from me).
3. Will the DOTs already applied (and still ticking) from other players on that mdps break my detaunt?
No.

KikkL
Banned

Post#128 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:16 am

I Just want to clarify with new DoT check system.

So, I cast a DoT on someone(12s, spiritual damage) and then I apply a spiritual debuff.
On next DoT tick the new spiritual debuff will apply its affect, raising damage of DoT.
Is this correct?

Also if that is correct, does it raise the damage of all DoTs(including other peoples DoTs) on the person of the debuff if applied to the damage type?

Ads
Secrets
Former Staff

Post#129 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:17 am

Annaise16 wrote:
Secrets wrote:
Annaise16 wrote:

Any word on how defense bonuses are adding?
I'd rather not do a contested roll out of 100. Otherwise, the bonuses from strength will always outweigh weaponskill, and always result in a negative value to parry from strength/weaponskill. Or if it's the other way around, you'll be nearing 100% parry. Neither are good.

Item stats, though - Parry% from items is added to the contested defense added from weaponskill, much like the tooltip for the items imply. Meaning that if you have 18.2% from weaponskill, and 9% from the items you have equipped, you now have 27.2% contested parry chance and have to roll a number between 0 and (100 + the offensive strikethrough %)

So, are you saying that a +10% Parry tactic, or +10% from dual wield, or renown, etc. should not improve your parry by 10%, but instead should improve your parry chance by 10% / (1 + removed defense + strikethrough bonuses), which is always going to be less than the +10% value on the tactic, gear item, etc.

For example, a level 40 attacker that has 1050 strength and no strikethrough bonus will change a +10% parry tactic into a +7.15% improvement in the defender's chance to parry, instead of the +10% value that is on the tactic.

Similarly, +20% bonus would turn into +14.3%, +30% would really be +21.4%, etc.
Yes and no - strength adds to the strikethrough bonus. 1050 strength will be (((1050) * 100) / (((40 * 7.5) + 50) * 7.5)) = 40 strikethrough from stats. This is the only source of strikethrough at this point in the game.

That means that you roll a number between 0 and 140. The contested chance on the defender is the number that we compare to the random number.

For example, let's say we have 1050 weaponskill which adds 40% base parry and have no parry from other sources. Let's say the attacker has equal strength.
Pick a random number between 0 and 140.
If it's less than 40, you will parry.

Secrets
Former Staff

Post#130 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:18 am

KikkL wrote:I Just want to clarify with new DoT check system.

So, I cast a DoT on someone(12s, spiritual damage) and then I apply a spiritual debuff.
On next DoT tick the new spiritual debuff will apply its affect, raising damage of DoT.
Is this correct?

Also if that is correct, does it raise the damage of all DoTs(including other peoples DoTs) on the person of the debuff if applied to the damage type?
Yes, it will raise the damage of all dots that are currently applied. Damage is calculated on tick time now, instead of cast time. This means if your first attack is a spirit-based dot, and then you cast a spirit debuff on your target, you will deal more damage on the ticks that occur after the spirit debuff.