Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 13/10/17

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Penril

Re: Patch Notes 13/10/17

Post#91 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:37 pm

You can as long as it is constructive criticism, I though I made that clear.

Whine posts on the other hand will be moderated.

Ads
Natherul
Former Staff

Post#92 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:37 pm

Ormix wrote:
Penril wrote:
Ormix wrote:So I got a warning message from Moderator Penril for posting "GG devs. Quiting the game as my AM is now a complety joke..."

Am i not allowed to express my opinion? Or did I offed someone?
There is a huge difference between constructive criticism and whining.
And as an active player I cannot express my feelings about the game? Eventhough its just a dissapointment about the recent change?
Patch notes are more strictly moderated as we only want constructive criticism here, any other comments are really not supposed to be here, and might I add, any criticism should be tested before stated.

CegeePegee
Former Staff

Post#93 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:46 pm

wargrimnir wrote:
TenTonHammer wrote:I think ALOT of people will get re-intrested and invigorated for ORvR once yall put in the contribution lootbag changes

right it does feel all that fun trying to roll for like a 10/200~ chance for bag
It was almost in this patch.
That's my fault :) The new system is in testing and a few bugs were discovered that I need to smoosh but i've been out of town for work all week. Will be back at it this weekend so hopefully you'll see the new system very soon!

Garner

Post#94 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:52 pm

Awesome work you guys!!

Lordeh

Post#95 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:55 pm

Acidic wrote:
Lordeh wrote:asked this question in a separate thread, which was closed so asking it here as apparently this is the correct place to as it

"With the new patch comes the new tick calculations......fair enough

but...

Now every tick of a dot breaks the Detaunt and this will affect every caster class that uses Detaunt as the last line of defence

Was this the intention, or an accidental effect?

Obviously some dots are up to 24 seconds (a life time in a fight) with most being around 15 seconds and if you can`t use these now because a WL etc my jump you that's a big deal"
Sounds like you have to chose the target to dot, tab dot suddenly has a risk
Firstly "tab dotting" isn`t effective so not as smart a comment as you probably think it is

Secondly Shammies and AM`s have a dps heal tree with a major component that has a DOT in it, Magus have AOE dots, sure other class`s do to but do not know enough about them to say. So do you suggest they don`t use these abilities in case somebody tries to kill them. People try to kill them constantly.

I am sure that other classes are effected by it to with "bleeds" etc

But all this is bye the bye, the question asked in the original post is fairly simple.....was it intended or was it accidental (hence may get fixed)

Theseus

Post#96 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:00 pm

Lordeh wrote:
Acidic wrote:
Lordeh wrote:asked this question in a separate thread, which was closed so asking it here as apparently this is the correct place to as it

"With the new patch comes the new tick calculations......fair enough

but...

Now every tick of a dot breaks the Detaunt and this will affect every caster class that uses Detaunt as the last line of defence

Was this the intention, or an accidental effect?

Obviously some dots are up to 24 seconds (a life time in a fight) with most being around 15 seconds and if you can`t use these now because a WL etc my jump you that's a big deal"
Sounds like you have to chose the target to dot, tab dot suddenly has a risk
Firstly "tab dotting" isn`t effective so not as smart a comment as you probably think it is

Secondly Shammies and AM`s have a dps heal tree with a major component that has a DOT in it, Magus have AOE dots, sure other class`s do to but do not know enough about them to say. So do you suggest they don`t use these abilities in case somebody tries to kill them. People try to kill them constantly.

I am sure that other classes are effected by it to with "bleeds" etc

But all this is bye the bye, the question asked in the original post is fairly simple.....was it intended or was it accidental (hence may get fixed)
It was said, that this was as it was in live. I cant say if it was, as I never played a dot class on live. But if so it would only be a fix as the couldnt do it till now. So it was as well intended as it was accidental if you get my drift. It was part of a package to reinstitute the original designs in this matter.
Andyrion Ulthenair
Arphyrion Soulblade

Acidic

Post#97 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:03 pm

I suggest that they use the skills relevant for situation, as I will also have to do on my shammy

Acidic

Post#98 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:23 pm

Seeing the following thread:
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/520538- ... g/45343780

The dot ticks did break detaunt, but also indicates that this was a change as posts on the subject from 2008 indicated they did not break the taunt if pre applied.

Ads
KikkL
Banned

Post#99 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:25 pm

tazdingo wrote:so is defensive stat stacking now a thing? you can selectively stack init/will/WS as a melee class rather than just throwing everything into armour/wounds? if so that allows for huge variety and i love it
Yes. This^^

If you take a DPS class and stack toughness/wds, use ALL your RR in defensive it does absolutely nothing to your survivability, all you see is DPS classes stacking their offensive stack, it is sickening I hate it.
We should be able to turn almost any class into DEFensive if we want to and not like 'oh I get hit an extra 3 times and im dead rather than 2 times...

Is this what change is attempting to do? Will we be able to become more defensive noticeably or is this just like fluff stuff?

Sulorie

Post#100 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:33 pm

Acidic wrote:Seeing the following thread:
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/520538- ... g/45343780

The dot ticks did break detaunt, but also indicates that this was a change as posts on the subject from 2008 indicated they did not break the taunt if pre applied.
Detaunt on live broke on attack, not on hit. When you apply the dot it breaks, the individual tick itself never broke detaunt for plentiful reasons. Mythic devs didn't do everything wrong. :)
Dying is no option.