Patch Notes 13/10/17

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Coma

Re: Patch Notes 13/10/17

Post#281 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:34 pm

wargrimnir wrote:
Foomy44 wrote:
wargrimnir wrote: Pets set to defensive will aggro on any attacker as you have to have line of sight initially to be hit.
So will pet's in defensive auto attack anything that hits their owner regardless of LoS? Not all abilities need LoS to hit, for example magus Firestorm does not need LoS atm to cast, and even if that gets changed you could still aim it at a corner and hit people you can't see around the corner.
All abilities need LoS to hit... Or the should at least. Your pet is not a pet per-se, it's a construct that you control. (yeah, that's good, that'll keep him busy)

For people worrying about their currently huge guilds, you only need to pare them down to size if you're having issues with your guild. If you're not having issues with your guild, don't worry about it for now. (unless you're recruiting I guess)
all Ground Targeted abilities don't require LoS ^^'

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#282 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:40 pm

Coma wrote:
wargrimnir wrote:
Foomy44 wrote:
So will pet's in defensive auto attack anything that hits their owner regardless of LoS? Not all abilities need LoS to hit, for example magus Firestorm does not need LoS atm to cast, and even if that gets changed you could still aim it at a corner and hit people you can't see around the corner.
All abilities need LoS to hit... Or the should at least. Your pet is not a pet per-se, it's a construct that you control. (yeah, that's good, that'll keep him busy)

For people worrying about their currently huge guilds, you only need to pare them down to size if you're having issues with your guild. If you're not having issues with your guild, don't worry about it for now. (unless you're recruiting I guess)
Sounds like a challenge then.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Coma

Post#283 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:45 pm

wargrimnir wrote:
Coma wrote:
wargrimnir wrote:

not really a challange... that is how they have always worked in War... also the simple fact that they are Ground targeted abilites would at best require you to have LoS toward the ground (right now not even that is required and it was never required on live as well) ad with GT being 99,9999999% AoE (don't think a non AoE GT abilities has ever been tought... but don't want to challange you into creating one :P ) even if you add the requirement for the LoS toward the ground you will most likely be limited to LoS toward the center of the area... and still be able to hit target that are outside of your LoS...

other than this there are also GT skill that are not channeled like Napalm... even if you add LoS to it... you can still drop it... move away and the pet than can move on the area and take damage... in such a situation the pet will be aggroed by an enemy that is out of LoS ^^'

PS: Actualy there is not even need to go for GTAoE... even targeted AoE can hit a target out of LoS ^^' with targeted AoE (shattered shadow/fieryblast for example) you only need to have los toward the primary target... than you will hit any target within the area... even if the other are out of LoS from the caster ^^'

Zxul

Post#284 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:06 pm

wargrimnir wrote:
Coma wrote:
wargrimnir wrote:

If it helps, from what I remember on live channels didn't require LoS after initial hit as well- so on my dps zealot I remember hitting channeled aoe at keep, target going back into keep, and then aoe hitting all inside, with obviously no LoS.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#285 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:09 pm

Zxul wrote:
If it helps, from what I remember on live channels didn't require LoS after initial hit as well- so on my dps zealot I remember hitting channeled aoe at keep, target going back into keep, and then aoe hitting all inside, with obviously no LoS.
Stuff like Mist/Napalm that you drop and run away, those don't need LoS checkes. Stuff like Pit of Shades, Tzeentch's Firestorm, should definitely require LoS to maintain. That doesn't mean you need LoS of the entire aoe (so you could hit around corners), but you should certainly need LoS of the centerpoint that you're channelling.

Stuff like Firey Blast would of course only check their primary target. Then check and AOE damage anyone in LoS of the target, not the caster.

Coma

Post#286 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:29 pm

wargrimnir wrote:
Zxul wrote:
Stuff like Mist/Napalm that you drop and run away, those don't need LoS checkes. Stuff like Pit of Shades, Tzeentch's Firestorm, should definitely require LoS to maintain. That doesn't mean you need LoS of the entire aoe (so you could hit around corners), but you should certainly need LoS of the centerpoint that you're channelling.

Stuff like Firey Blast would of course only check their primary target. Then check and AOE damage anyone in LoS of the target, not the caster.
to be completely honest... I too think that Channeld GT should require LoS at least to the center of the targeted area... but that is not how it worked on live (and how is working here at the moment)... it is common knowledge since BW/Sorc abused the hell out of it (and YES I was one of them ^^')... especially before RoF/PoS nerf (at first those 2 were hitting for 2,5k dmg per tick on invader geared characters ^^') with multiple RoF/PoS stacked on each other going trough the main door of a keep was pratically impossible... and all while being safe behind a corner completely out of any LoS... the current funnel look like child play if you think about that ^^'... I also rember an enraged BW making the most "epic" and "fail" at same time comment on the official board after the nerf...
anonimous BW wrote:
How are we supposed to hold a keep with 4 BW... it is impossible now!!
I as a Sorc (was plaing on destro at the time) lolled for a good 15 minutes after reading that...

old memories aside... it really was ridiculous, but what they changed was simply the damage (and teh ability to stack multiple RoF in the same place... altrough the change bugged big time at first) and the ability to use GT out of LoS was never touched, don't know if it was due to inability to change how the targeting work or due to other "mysterious" reasons.

Now... as many devs have said time and time again... this is no AoR but RoR... the fact that something was some way in AoR is not a reason enought to not change it... so if you really want to touch on GT LoS requirement... it is more than wellcome ^^ but if you do so looking at the affected skill damage should also be taken in consideration (since as said the damage was touched as a way to reduce the effectivness of a skill that could be used outside of LoS and so from a completely safe place...) if the caster require LoS the risk increase and so should reward ;)

PS: we digressed quite a bit but the original argument was about the behavior of defensive Pet aggroing on taking damage since taking damage would have required LoS in the first place... but as we just discussed pratically every AoE have the ability to hit something without LoS so how would pet react in such situation? would they disregard LoS or diregard the hit?

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#287 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:50 pm

Coma wrote:
wargrimnir wrote: PS: we digressed quite a bit but the original argument was about the behavior of defensive Pet aggroing on taking damage since taking damage would have required LoS in the first place... but as we just discussed pratically every AoE have the ability to hit something without LoS so how would pet react in such situation? would they disregard LoS or diregard the hit?
Pet takes damage, checks LoS to damage dealer. Say for something with a flight time, you might be able to sneak back into hiding before the damage lands, then they would fail, I think. Testing! Sometimes code does weird things. I was really offering my plebian thoughts on the matter.

Zegota

Post#288 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:53 pm

Coma wrote:
Spoiler:
wargrimnir wrote:
Zxul wrote:

to be completely honest... I too think that Channeld GT should require LoS at least to the center of the targeted area... but that is not how it worked on live (and how is working here at the moment)... it is common knowledge since BW/Sorc abused the hell out of it (and YES I was one of them ^^')... especially before RoF/PoS nerf (at first those 2 were hitting for 2,5k dmg per tick on invader geared characters ^^') with multiple RoF/PoS stacked on each other going trough the main door of a keep was pratically impossible... and all while being safe behind a corner completely out of any LoS... the current funnel look like child play if you think about that ^^'... I also rember an enraged BW making the most "epic" and "fail" at same time comment on the official board after the nerf...
anonimous BW wrote:
I as a Sorc (was plaing on destro at the time) lolled for a good 15 minutes after reading that...

old memories aside... it really was ridiculous, but what they changed was simply the damage (and teh ability to stack multiple RoF in the same place... altrough the change bugged big time at first) and the ability to use GT out of LoS was never touched, don't know if it was due to inability to change how the targeting work or due to other "mysterious" reasons.

Now... as many devs have said time and time again... this is no AoR but RoR... the fact that something was some way in AoR is not a reason enought to not change it... so if you really want to touch on GT LoS requirement... it is more than wellcome ^^ but if you do so looking at the affected skill damage should also be taken in consideration (since as said the damage was touched as a way to reduce the effectivness of a skill that could be used outside of LoS and so from a completely safe place...) if the caster require LoS the risk increase and so should reward ;)

PS: we digressed quite a bit but the original argument was about the behavior of defensive Pet aggroing on taking damage since taking damage would have required LoS in the first place... but as we just discussed pratically every AoE have the ability to hit something without LoS so how would pet react in such situation? would they disregard LoS or diregard the hit?
Sorry for the offtopic, but I got reminded of this gem:

Click here to watch on YouTube

Ads
owensac1

Post#289 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:09 pm

I'm not sure what bug people are experiencing with guilds, as a guild leader with 300 members I've never crashed only in the nordland beach which happened even when i never started a guild. however, is it possible this change will be reverted , should i make a hand of nergal waiting list or just start lining up the firing squads?

Ugle

Post#290 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:25 pm

Zegota wrote:
Coma wrote:
Spoiler:
wargrimnir wrote:

anonimous BW wrote:

Sorry for the offtopic, but I got reminded of this gem:

Click here to watch on YouTube
Good old days ^^
inactive