Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 13/10/17

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
ShinZon

Re: Patch Notes 13/10/17

Post#291 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:57 am

Ok the Guild thing is one of the stupid things you guys have done, don't care if you kick me or ban me. It to the point that the decision you have made ad Dev and GM have really hurt the game the last few months, I been quiet and just played but I am going to speak out. A month ago or so, you merged T2, T3, and T4 which one gave those above level 40 renown a faster way to level up this. It hurt the lower characters and should have never been down this way. It was a much better idea to merged T1 and T2. Then Merge T3 and T4. Keeping a better balance in the game. Now, you have gone and lowered Guild membership. We have lots of members that have multiple characters and shouldn't be forces to play in other guild that they don't want to join. Nor, should any member of ours be forced to pull a character out, just to have another member join us and want to build with us. Thus, you guys have made us feel that you don’t truly care what we think or seem to want us here to play this game with you all. If it just for you dev’s closest friends and you aren’t trying to build a larger community, then I guest that you take this off line and keep it private to your special friends. Because a bias in this game from the DEV to the GM’s on destruction side shows everyone on order or in a large guild, that you don’t care or want us here. Then keep the guild as is and keep favoring destruction as is and soon there will be no one for you to fight, if you truly don’t want us here to play this game. I was hoping that you DEV’s would do a better job at this then EA but you have left off where they ended in poor decision making. :(

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#292 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:02 am

ShinZon wrote:Ok the Guild thing is one of the stupid things you guys have done, don't care if you kick me or ban me. It to the point that the decision you have made ad Dev and GM have really hurt the game the last few months, I been quiet and just played but I am going to speak out. A month ago or so, you merged T2, T3, and T4 which one gave those above level 40 renown a faster way to level up this. It hurt the lower characters and should have never been down this way. It was a much better idea to merged T1 and T2. Then Merge T3 and T4. Keeping a better balance in the game. Now, you have gone and lowered Guild membership. We have lots of members that have multiple characters and shouldn't be forces to play in other guild that they don't want to join. Nor, should any member of ours be forced to pull a character out, just to have another member join us and want to build with us. Thus, you guys have made us feel that you don’t truly care what we think or seem to want us here to play this game with you all. If it just for you dev’s closest friends and you aren’t trying to build a larger community, then I guest that you take this off line and keep it private to your special friends. Because a bias in this game from the DEV to the GM’s on destruction side shows everyone on order or in a large guild, that you don’t care or want us here. Then keep the guild as is and keep favoring destruction as is and soon there will be no one for you to fight, if you truly don’t want us here to play this game. I was hoping that you DEV’s would do a better job at this then EA but you have left off where they ended in poor decision making. :(
Natherul
- Players can no longer accept guild invites to guilds with more then 78 players. Please note that this change is experimental and can be revoked at any point, I do suggest however that any big guilds sort down to 77 players or less as I will ignore any talks from guilds with numbers above this to track down the issue.

"experimental" - usually means, we're trying to figure something out.

Remove head from rear, bask in the glowing red alpha tag, and adjust your attitude.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Niakahn

Post#293 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:43 am

ShinZon wrote:Ok the Guild thing is one of the stupid things you guys have done, don't care if you kick me or ban me. It to the point that the decision you have made ad Dev and GM have really hurt the game the last few months, I been quiet and just played but I am going to speak out. A month ago or so, you merged T2, T3, and T4 which one gave those above level 40 renown a faster way to level up this. It hurt the lower characters and should have never been down this way. It was a much better idea to merged T1 and T2. Then Merge T3 and T4. Keeping a better balance in the game. Now, you have gone and lowered Guild membership. We have lots of members that have multiple characters and shouldn't be forces to play in other guild that they don't want to join. Nor, should any member of ours be forced to pull a character out, just to have another member join us and want to build with us. Thus, you guys have made us feel that you don’t truly care what we think or seem to want us here to play this game with you all. If it just for you dev’s closest friends and you aren’t trying to build a larger community, then I guest that you take this off line and keep it private to your special friends. Because a bias in this game from the DEV to the GM’s on destruction side shows everyone on order or in a large guild, that you don’t care or want us here. Then keep the guild as is and keep favoring destruction as is and soon there will be no one for you to fight, if you truly don’t want us here to play this game. I was hoping that you DEV’s would do a better job at this then EA but you have left off where they ended in poor decision making. :(
You know this is to find a fix around the login issues that (judging from your previous post) you've been experiencing, right?

Acidic

Post#294 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:50 am

Did something change on keep lord?
I noticed in both talabacland and in the zone after that the keep lord had a new attack directed at main tank.
He did some attack which was appeared un- defendable and had no mitigation and hit for about 5x1.2k +
This was a surprise to say the least

Haojin

Post#295 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:15 am

Spoiler:
did your "enter" button broken matey ?
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn

Gerv
Banned

Post#296 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:20 am

Torquemadra wrote:Engi - predominately physical damage, a type easily countered with armour and armour pots

Last I check HTL increased dodge as well.

Oh and whats this? Suddenly willpower is worth taking? As opposed to every healer not stacking their main stat and just throwing in armour talismans?
Nothing will change in terms of healers main stack stacking willpower from armor because what has occurred is a increase in the ttk on order side and a overall reduction in ability to create pressure through due to:
a) reduction in burst damage form sorcs and magus to an extent BW.
b) landing silence and staggers on healers

If you wanted curb Sorc and BW damage, bloodi hit the nail on the head in the "BW and sorc mechanic" thread. Give a reason for Sorc and BW to drop their mechanic to finish targets (Dhar winds and similar finish for BW, for example or immune to set back or reduced cast times for short period before dropping all mechanic points).

Creating alternatives for armor stacking is important but I believe increasing the effectiveness of other physcial damage reducing stats and/or reducing armors ability to curve physical damage (armor caps maybe?) Because right now there is no requirement for healing values or burst healing to increase (higher ttk) so healers will continue to stack armor to mitigate the physical damage from melee.
Sia - DoK - Lords
Boyd - WP - O.S.

Aisha

Post#297 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:24 am

ShinZon wrote:Ok the Guild thing is one of the...
Perhaps you missed:
Natherul wrote:
dansari wrote:Word. I highly doubt many guilds, save the ones focused solely around 6v6, will be able to pare down to 78 without kicking actual, active members. Just my 2c
At this point I would say though luck, I have gotten some compelling evidence that 78 could the the magical number causing issues with increasing frequency for more members. If you need more then that you will have to make more guilds and create alliances.

And again this is a test to confirm or deny that this is the issue, as such I will (as stated) ignore any complaints of guild issues from guilds with 78 or more members
you obviously missed:
wargrimnir wrote:

For people worrying about their currently huge guilds, you only need to pare them down to size if you're having issues with your guild. If you're not having issues with your guild, don't worry about it for now. (unless you're recruiting I guess)
Please, behave yourself and read before post.
As an alpha state, you have to keep in mind things like this happens.

peterthepan3

Post#298 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:52 pm

I don't agree with being able to evade dot ticks - particularly stronger, class-defining DoTs (for example, being able to parry the last tick of BAL seems a bit nonsensical)

I think if a dot sticks onto you, it should be set, and any ticks ought to be unavoidable. DoT classes suffer enough as it is in the burst meta, and with the evasion 'buff'/fix it is hard enough as it is to apply DoTs onto any class with a good amount of evasion - let alone the subsequent ticks! Classes like magus, engineer and dps am are the last to need nerfs - be they direct or indirect.

Ads
Dabbart

Post#299 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:43 am

peterthepan3 wrote:I don't agree with being able to evade dot ticks - particularly stronger, class-defining DoTs (for example, being able to parry the last tick of BAL seems a bit nonsensical)

I think if a dot sticks onto you, it should be set, and any ticks ought to be unavoidable. DoT classes suffer enough as it is in the burst meta, and with the evasion 'buff'/fix it is hard enough as it is to apply DoTs onto any class with a good amount of evasion - let alone the subsequent ticks! Classes like magus, engineer and dps am are the last to need nerfs - be they direct or indirect.

How would you feel about a static reduction of avoidance for preapplied DoTs? IE, you disrupt at a 48% rate, but you disrupt DoTs at a 28% rate. Obviously numbers pulled out of my ass. Or each DoT lowers your avoidance check vs DoTs by a certain number. Because, Personally, I slot CW on every single toon I play. Yes. You can have so many DoTs on you that you are just ****. That number varies depending on situation, but the amount of guaranteed damage you can drop once you get past the initial avoidance check can be quite dramatic. And in the right hands can lead to damn near perfect Time Stamp DBs.

On top of which, they changed how Damage is calculated. Every single time a DoT ticks, it hits you at your current(debuffed) state. Not the state you were in before it was applied. Stacking debuffs this way, with guaranteed DoT damage wouldn't be advisable imo... So. Alternatives?

I do think that applied DoTs giving constant avoidance checks is a little too far, but I haven't played DPS in quite awhile.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Hastykrasty

Post#300 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:35 am

Just a question: If you apply a dot from the back (like Burn Away Lies), can its ticks be parried?
Because from a logical point of view, if you apply a dot from the rear it can't be parried (the attack itself) and the same should hold for the dot's ticks.
Otherwise it will screw positioning, and all the abilities should be free from positional constraints.
Suffer Not The Eretic To Live