Ads

Patch Notes 13/10/17

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Arena

Re: Patch Notes 13/10/17

Post#31 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:07 am

"This is consistent with the original game's behavior."

I newer thought i'll see this particular set of words again. Giving me hope.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#32 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:18 am

Who said that removing detaunt by dot ticks is matching live server behaviour?! That is totally wrong and everyone knows this.

Classes with 20/24 sec dots basically can't use them anymore because it would break their detaunt for a low dmg dot. This change from live would only affect 1vs1 balance as dot classes apart from bw/sorc can be ignored in group fights. They are good to cover more valuable bomb dots but that's it.
This change breaks classes for no good reason. At least AM/SHAM can spec for healing and engi/magus can skip all dots, no?

The calculation for buffs/debuffs on every hot/dot tick is correctly mirrored from live server.
Dying is no option.

szejoza

Post#33 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:32 am

Sulorie wrote:Who said that removing detaunt by dot ticks is matching live server behaviour?! That is totally wrong and everyone knows this.

Classes with 20/24 sec dots basically can't use them anymore because it would break their detaunt for a low dmg dot. This change from live would only affect 1vs1 balance as dot classes apart from bw/sorc can be ignored in group fights. They are good to cover more valuable bomb dots but that's it.
This change breaks classes for no good reason. At least AM/SHAM can spec for healing and engi/magus can skip all dots, no?
Look at the issue the other way round, you could pop up all your dots and then use detaunt and look how your enemy melts while dealing reduced damage to you. Now more people will have to adapt to the situation rather than using usual rotations.
Spoiler:

Arbich
Suspended

Post#34 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:35 am

Torquemadra wrote:
1 -its a fix, not a nerf
I can´t remember. Did it really work like this on live server?
I am not a fan of these changes regarding dots, but the rvr-system looks interesting. I am eager to test it. Luckily I have a short working day :D

Why not also randomize the winner and loser rewards in the draw mechanic? It could give both sides the incentive to fight for (or against) the lock, especially with the introduction of locks without keep takes.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Cimba

Post#35 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:39 am

wargrimnir wrote: -Dodge/Disrupt/Parry now takes the opposing stats into consideration in a different way, by adding onto the 'high-end' of the 100 roll used for calculating the chance, with a hard cap of 75% of any of these. The proper formula is now used for calculating parry % from weaponskill/strength (and dodge/disrupt-appropriate stats, respectively, they're all the same), it is identical to the one in the client.

Parry/Dodge/Disrupt chance from tooltip:
double chance = (((defensiveStat) * 100) / ((target.EffectiveLevel * 7.5 + 50) * 7.5));
Contestion based on offensive stat:
double removedDefense = (((offensiveStat) * 100) / (((caster.EffectiveLevel * 7.5) + 50) * 7.5));
Final roll:
Choose random number between 0 and (removedDefense + 100). If random number is less than or equal to our chance to parry, then we parry.
Interesting. Will do the numbers when I'm home. Could you elaborate where the strikethrough chance is factored in?

Madcatmech
Suspended

Post#36 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:44 am

What about taunt? For any tank using any dot abilities or dot tactics taunt is now solely to be regarded as an interrupt?

I like this new damage formula though.

hogun

Post#37 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:57 am

hello good patch ty ,

I have a question about the proc "convenant of celerity" have you increased (X2) the domages or is this a bug?

by
My video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65aHhb4kCJU
DAMMAZ KRON !
Hogun - IB 80+ Hoguun RP 80+ Hogunn ING 80+ HOG Slayer 80+ Gor IB 2M 50
(KOBS,WH,WP,BW,SW,WL,SM,BO,CHOSEN,SH,MAGUS, MARAU ,CHOP,SHAM )40+

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyJx3So8q6o

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#38 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:59 am

hogun wrote:hello go patch ty ,

I have a question about the proc "convenant of celerity" have you increased (X2) the domages or is this a bug?

by
Do you mean from this?

-Support was added for tooltips of abilities' damage to match the client values with 99% accuracy. We expect to be pushing the 'real, displayed' values over time to the server. These are currently not implemented except on the server side of things, but it's worth a mention as this does significantly change some values.

That just means the tooltip should be accurate to the damage you were already doing.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
Secrets
Former Staff

Post#39 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:00 am

Cimba wrote:Interesting. Will do the numbers when I'm home. Could you elaborate where the strikethrough chance is factored in?
So... 'strikethrough' just adds to the upper limit of the roll.

Prior to this update, contested avoidance used to be a roll between 0 and 100, and then was calculated using a different, incorrect formula that normally resulted in -6% to 7% base chance to avoid for those who stacked offensive hardcap stats. So avoidance really never happened except when you stacked it with renown, and even then, it was a low base % chance.

Now, for example, let's say the parry from weaponskill on the paperdoll window for our character is 18%. That same formula is used to calculate how much 'contested' parry strikethrough is obtained from strength. Let's assume the attacker has 37% parry strikethrough from strength, as often a player will have higher strength than weaponskill depending on how their talismans are slotted. Remember, the same formula is used to determine strikethough, just like it is used to determine avoidance, just with using a different stat.

Now, the 100 is added to by the 37% strikethrough, resulting in us picking a number between 0 and 137. If that number we pick randomly is greater than or equal to our 18 parry, we assume the attack hits. Otherwise, the attack is parried.

So using that above example, let's say our random number returned is:
4.5 - this will result in a avoid.
19 - this will result in a hit.
18.5 - this will result in a hit.
10 - this will result in a avoid.
129 - this will result in a hit.

As you can see, the probability of striking through goes up depending on the upper portion of the roll. The more strikethrough, the harder it is (but never impossible) to avoid it becomes. This results in better gameplay just because stacking defensive stats becomes viable and it becomes the closest to the old system from live we could get.

Jinxypie

Post#40 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:11 am

Precalculated DoTs no longer exist. They are calculated on tick time and recalculated on subsequent ticks for damage values.

Working this way with choppa/slayer CM as well?
DoK RR80+, Chosen RR80+, Choppa RR70+, SH RR75+ WP RR65+