Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Sigimund

Re: Patch Notes 21/10/17

Post#31 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:31 pm

Coma wrote:
Spoiler:
DokB wrote:
Coma wrote:
lord will be hell for healer now... tank/dps have their aggro greately reduced due to inflicting low damage but healer still hela for their full values... id there is the other faction around causeing damage that have to be healed ... it will be really hard to keep the lord in place.

there is probably a need to review how damage on lord work ;)
Healers have access to Subtlety, but then does every healer need to slot it, losing a tactic just to PvE the keep lord? Then factor in the defending faction constantly pushing back in to wipe the attackers who are busy trying to manage the PvE game that is holding the keep lord and not resetting it.

Just then we took so long on the keep lord that Order captured all the BO and got 5 stars and locked the zone because keep lord kept resetting, despite us still being on the keep and wiping order several times who pushed back in.
subtley reduce aggro generated from heals by 25%...
How much does the lord ramage reduction reduce the damage of tank or dps? An estimation is probably around 90% (on my WE i don't see 3digit damage normaly ^^' compared with 900-1200 that I see on player).

With this said, aggro (unless something changed from live to here ^^') is calculated based on several factor but the main factor is damage (status and debuff also generate aggro but status are subjected to immunity and usually have noticeble CD...).
Menace as well as some specific skill apply a "multiplicator" to aggro generated... but even if you multiply the aggro generated by your damage by 10X (and I seriously doubt that you can reach such a multiplier... maybe only IB with double aggro tactic), you will at best generate aggro as if you were dealing 1000 damage (actualy is probably closer to 500... If a dps barely scratch 3 digit I doubt a tank can go above 50 ^^').
Healing on the other hand don't have to go trough reductions... even if you slot subtley you will still be generating aggro for 75% of your effective healing (and here I hope that aggro only take into account effective healing and not overhealing... or we are simply screwed ^^') an HoT can tick for 300-400 an AoE heal for 900-1200 (not using top value that require BiS)... you can do your math... the boss hit hard and the tank need to be healed... other players get damaged by AoE and need to be healed... all those healing stacked toghter are probably 20 or 30 time the amount of damage dealt to the boss... and this is without intervention from the opposite faction... that would require additional healing.
Here too in regard to opposite faction intervention... healing, no matter WHO you heal will generate aggro for your full effective healing on all targets as long as at least one of the person healed is or WAS engaged with the mob, for damage instead only the damage dealt to the mob is calculated, so if the opposite factione get in, dps will leave boss, they will take damage, the healer will heal them and will GENERATE ADDITIONAL AGGO ON THE BOSS...

simple as it is... with the massive damage reduction on the boss unless some radical change is done at how aggor is generated compared to how it was in live I see really little hope for tank to keep lord away from healer for more than a few second at a time ^^'
Actually, damage was not the main way for a tank to generate aggro on live although it did help. The main way was with the large fixed amounts of threat attached to taunt and challenge. This was supported by guarding someone nearby who generated a lot of threat.

See this source: https://web.archive.org/web/20100203153 ... p?t=318174

Ads
Secrets
Former Staff

Post#32 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:00 pm

Sigimund wrote:
Coma wrote:
Spoiler:
This is currently how hate is implemented.

Tanks need to guard a melee dps to transfer hate onto themselves if they're having issues at the keep lord. This is how it was on live.

Sigimund

Post#33 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:21 pm

Offtanks guarding the maintank is probably a good way to get everybody killed then.

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#34 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:26 pm

also should be noted ofc that hatred is (like everything else) an ongoing effort to make perfect, so dont expect everything to work like we want it immediately and things will change as we modify it

Haojin

Post#35 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:30 pm

that buff is a lil sugar for incoming hard nerf for mara ?
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn

Lektroluv
Suspended

Post#36 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:49 pm

wargrimnir wrote:Übersetzung in deutsch

Secrets
-Channeled abilities such as Enraged Beating will now function correctly and apply their effects to the caster and not the victim.
-A 500ms cooldown has been added to pet attack commands.
No sure what was the bug in Channeled abilites such as Enraged beating:
Are we talking about procs from weapons or armor?
Or the hate generation was not beign managed into the caster?

The main problem with chaneled abilities i seen, it is the chaneled attacks, doesn't stop inmediatly once the other player goes out of ability range... for example self punt in Shadow warrior and Squigh herder it is really bad in this server, you keep geting hits, even in the air, while the tank chaneling should stop (maybe it is a lag problem, but my ping is really low 42ms only)

Respect the Pet attacks change, does the 500ms cooldown, afect to white lion-squigh herder only? or does affect to Enginers and Mages too?
Squigh herder is weaker than last week, but stronger than next one, doesn't matter what is touched...something will always make it weaker.
(Cut spiked pet range 15%, Kaboom made static for not beign able to acces hard to achieve spots, Pets weapon dps asigned cut a 50%, Moral 2 for burst damage removed, chances of dodge already jokeable DoT'S damage ticks, Adding longer cooldown to pet attack commands, remove chance of summon mount while in Squigh armor form)

Surely the most nerfed class in server, getting closer and closer to Ultranerfed Chosen from live server times.

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#37 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:57 pm

Lektroluv wrote:
wargrimnir wrote:Übersetzung in deutsch

Secrets
-Channeled abilities such as Enraged Beating will now function correctly and apply their effects to the caster and not the victim.
-A 500ms cooldown has been added to pet attack commands.
No sure what was the bug in Channeled abilites such as Enraged beating:
Are we talking about procs from weapons or armor?
Or the hate generation was not beign managed into the caster?

The main problem with chaneled abilities i seen, it is the chaneled attacks, doesn't stop inmediatly once the other player goes out of ability range... for example self punt in Shadow warrior and Squigh herder it is really bad in this server, you keep geting hits, even in the air, while the tank chaneling should stop (maybe it is a lag problem, but my ping is really low 42ms only)
In regard to career resource generation in this case

Nameless

Post#38 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:18 pm

Raising The Empire Banner the second quest you need to get the altdorf scroll is it doable cos it was impossible to complete after BO changes
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Ads
KikkL
Banned

Post#39 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:24 pm

Theseus wrote:
anarchypark wrote:
Natherul wrote:keep in mind both tank and healers should slot hate tactics and overhealing is worth more hate, so dont spam heal on people anymore! :D
This is amazing. I really like player skill mechanic.
Yeah, I like it too....

But now we need to adjust the skill to the mechanic.^^
Its great Devs are adding things and changing things and making things better, ect..

But, how many healers/tanks run around with hate debuff tactic on? Its totally useless in pvp. So now healers/tanks have to slot this just to fight the lord? Why is there even a lord(Pve) in a PVP area..
Now if enemy comes the healer/tank wont be able to switch tactics or anything and will have 1 useless tactic to pvp in with..

We gonna be able to switch tactic slots on the fly? That would be a change worth seeing.

Coma

Post#40 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:26 am

KikkL wrote:
Theseus wrote:
anarchypark wrote: This is amazing. I really like player skill mechanic.
Yeah, I like it too....

But now we need to adjust the skill to the mechanic.^^
Its great Devs are adding things and changing things and making things better, ect..

But, how many healers/tanks run around with hate debuff tactic on? Its totally useless in pvp. So now healers/tanks have to slot this just to fight the lord? Why is there even a lord(Pve) in a PVP area..
Now if enemy comes the healer/tank wont be able to switch tactics or anything and will have 1 useless tactic to pvp in with..

We gonna be able to switch tactic slots on the fly? That would be a change worth seeing.
even worse... if enemy come while you'r in inc with lord... not only you have a useless tactic slotted... you also are bound to overheal someone... as a DoK my first and most fundamental healing abilities are all AoE... should I stop healing and let my dps attacking the enemy die so that I don't pull the boss aggro?
today I was in a keep with my DoK, I was the only healer of a party with 4 dps and one tank... the tank and one dps where on boss while the other dps were attacking the enemy players on ground floor... as a lone healer I had to give it my all (and as neo lvl 40 with **** gear I had to give even more)... I barlley managed to keep my 3 dps on ground floor alive but was obviously overhealing the 2 people on boss... and guess what? I got aggro from the boss ^^' I was lucky enough that ANOTHER HEALER pulled the aggro after the boss had given me a single slap ^^'.

just like this in 4 lord fight I took part today every single time boss started to jump from one healer to the other... thing are manageble when there is no enemy around... there is not much to heal and is easy to control orveheal... but when the opponents show up you can't hold back on healing ( with DoK I at least have short casting time for AoE heal but shammy/zelot often have to start their cast BEFORE the party get serious damage or they risk being too late... but now if the party don't take damage you not only have wasted the AP... you also generate aggro on the lord and risk a reset...) and the boss start to roam from healer to healer.

let me be clear... Aggro on healing is right... healing HAVE to generate aggro... there is nothing to say about it, but the current keep lord mechanic with it's tremendous damage reduction makes managing healing in a situation where there is not only the lord but the enemy as well a real nightmer...