Ads

Patch Notes 4/11/2017

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Crazyboss

Re: Patch Notes 4/11/2017

Post#141 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:17 am

Lion Pet

AOE splash damage no longer lands on Lions, AOEs can be anchored off them and they will take damage from an AOE if they are the primary target
hello

aoe abilities not working vs wl pet (primary target): :roll:

Yer all bleedin now, lotsa choppin,wild choppin etc

Ads
wiscel

Post#142 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:05 am

Ok, we got the new patch for almost a week now, and I'd thought I'd try it for a few days before commenting. But serious, the removal of Resolute Defense and Cleansing Wind really is a big change to the game. Squishy classes (healers, rdps) already had a tough time against burstclass damagedealers like WL, WE, WH. At least with Resolute Defense you would had a small chance to counter the attack and maybe survive it, but with these abilities gone you know you're a goner when you encounter a damagedealer :-/
Nasty - R8X Squig Herder
Mehlindy - R8X Witch Elf
Donavicenta - R8X Sorceress

Panzerkasper

Post#143 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:10 am

wiscel wrote:Ok, we got the new patch for almost a week now, and I'd thought I'd try it for a few days before commenting. But serious, the removal of Resolute Defense and Cleansing Wind really is a big change to the game. Squishy classes (healers, rdps) already had a tough time against burstclass damagedealers like WL, WE, WH. At least with Resolute Defense you would had a small chance to counter the attack and maybe survive it, but with these abilities gone you know you're a goner when you encounter a damagedealer :-/
This is a joke right?
People actually complain about dying in a pvp game. Something they could avoid before with completly gamebreaking abilities.

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen

lefze
Suspended

Post#144 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:31 am

wiscel wrote:Ok, we got the new patch for almost a week now, and I'd thought I'd try it for a few days before commenting. But serious, the removal of Resolute Defense and Cleansing Wind really is a big change to the game. Squishy classes (healers, rdps) already had a tough time against burstclass damagedealers like WL, WE, WH. At least with Resolute Defense you would had a small chance to counter the attack and maybe survive it, but with these abilities gone you know you're a goner when you encounter a damagedealer :-/
You know what's worse than a snare immune WE/WH? A cc immune one. It's not like the removal didn't go both ways, just be glad you are now able to actually cc people before they burst you down giving you a fighting chance.
Rip Phalanx

dansari

Post#145 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:00 pm

Yep I have found that even though I don't have CW anymore, it's perfectly fine to play without it because now no one has it. I think this hurts solo players more than anything but, it's not a solo game so if you choose to go that route you know what you're getting into
<Salt Factory>

Wisek

Post#146 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:22 pm

Hello,

Feedback to remove cw & rd:

As I already wrote a week befor in a global look at the game and pvp meta I understand why rd and cw were removed. I mean really why should we give a class like mara or wl who have already a lot gap closer, a tool like cw and rd? Why should we give a tank who has already juggernaut another cc immu and snare remove with cw and cc immu with rd. In particular def tanks. That are only some examples for combinations were rd & cw is too strong.

But range DDs and healers dont have such tools, they suffer under this remove at most. There are rangeDDs with range snare and self pount or range KD so there have other tools who made to help them in such situiatons (if they still work when you face a mara with speed, snare ignore & remove + pull or a WL with speed, snare ignore & remove, pull and pounce is another story) and you have range DDs who dont have such tools. So even in the archetype rangeDD you have different needs.
Same counts for healers, you have healers with single stagger, insta heal while running, aoe kick with snare with tactic or speed proc tactic, snare pit & range kick. And you have healers with a 30 feet kick without snare and no aoe detaunt.

So we have 2 archetyps who suffer under this more then the other 2 archetyps. In this archetyps there are again classes who suffer more and classes who suffer less.

So i need to say when you think you can "balance" this game with removing a global skill that is for everybody available you are wrong. You have to look at the details who need this because he has no other tools and who need this not because he has already enough tools like that.

Thanks for reading

regards
Last edited by Wisek on Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tankbeardz

Post#147 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:25 pm

Wisek wrote:Hello,

Feedback to remove cw & rd:

As I already wrote a week befor in a global look at the game and pvp meta I understand why rd and cw were removed. I mean really why should we give a class like mara or wl who have already a lot gab closer, a tool like cw and rd? Why should we give a tank who has already juggernaut another cc immu and snare remove with cw and cc immu with rd. In particular def tanks. That are only some examples for combinations were rd & cw is too strong.

But range DDs and healers dont have such tools, they suffer under this remove at most. There are rangeDDs with range snare and self pount or range KD so there have other tools who made to help them in such situiatons (if they still work when you face a mara with speed, snare ignore & remove + pull or a WL with speed, snare ignore & remove, pull and pounce is another story) and you have range DDs who dont have such tools. So even in the archetype rangeDD you have different needs.
Same counts for healers, you have healers with single stagger, insta heal while running, aoe kick with snare with tactic or speed proc tactic, snare pit & range kick. And you have healers with a simple 30 feet kick without snare and no aoe detaunt.

So we have 2 archetyps who suffer under this more then the other 2 archetyps. In this archetyps there are again classes who suffer more and classes who suffer less.

So i need to say when you think you can "balance" this game with removing a global skill that is for everybody available you are wrong. You have to look at the details who need this because he has no other tools and who need this not because he has already enough tools like that.

Thanks for reading

regards
Why should range DD / healers need more escape tools? They have one distinct advantage....range.

**Edited.
Last edited by Tankbeardz on Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wisek

Post#148 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:32 pm

Tankbeardz wrote:
Why should range DD / healers need more escape tools than melee? They have one distinct advantage....range.
sorry but you question is to universal to answer it. So i will made it simple for me too read my text again and you have your answer.

edit: and please dont insinuate things i have never said.

Ads
Tankbeardz

Post#149 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:42 pm

Wisek wrote:
Tankbeardz wrote:
Why should range DD / healers need more escape tools than melee? They have one distinct advantage....range.
sorry but you question is to universal to answer it. So i will made it simple for me too read my text again and you have your answer.

So you answer my question with nothing...

I'll rephrase more directly..range DD/ healers should have less escape tools. There I said it. Get over yourself.

Wisek

Post#150 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:48 pm

Tankbeardz wrote:
Wisek wrote:
Tankbeardz wrote:

So you answer my question with nothing....moving along.
never said range dds in general need more escape tools then meelde dds. So you ask a question to a part i never said. Another thing you say "more" tools. more or less is nothing for a balance discussion... effectiveness is the key effectiveness in general and effectiveness in which situation... dont have time to explain you basics... moving along