Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 4/11/2017

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Wisek

Re: Patch Notes 4/11/2017

Post#161 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:25 pm

Nameless wrote:The initial design of the classes at war is made without cw and rd (and qe btw) in mind. So these tools produce disbalance among archetypes and classes. Some classes are made on purpose with low capabilities to deal with cc but are compensated by other tools. Becouse of rd and cw we got immortal doks/wps and impossible to catch shamans.
thats correct but things have already changed since the classes and archetyps were designed. For example doks/wps they lost a lot of their hardness alone with AOE detaunt remove. Yes they have medium robe but when you compare for example with rp and light armor on conq it makes a difference from 1100 armor. RP has a armor tatic so he can get by 660 so then the difference is 440. He also can buff himself 1056 armor more with regenerative shilding + -10% armor penetration. He can use 3 pieces bl with 210 armor more. He also has a complet def set. He has a tactic to reduce stun and knockdown time, a single stagger, a aoe kick that snares with tatic and on top he can direct heal himself while running. Should a runepriest have a snare/stun remove and immu? No.

Heal Dok WP has a kick without snare and medium armor, a shild tactic for himself when he crit heals and thats it. So should have a wp/dok something like snare remove and cc immu. Yes or at least other tools to survive.

That are only examples and i can only repeat my self if you want to balance the game look at the details.

Ads
Dabbart

Post#162 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:01 am

Spoiler:
Zaxxond wrote:
Shalktonin wrote:
dansari wrote:Yep I have found that even though I don't have CW anymore, it's perfectly fine to play without it because now no one has it. I think this hurts solo players more than anything but, it's not a solo game so if you choose to go that route you know what you're getting into
gotta agree with this before there was a case where some had it and some didn't. Those without were at a disadvantage. Now its even no one has it and my CC tools to escape trains are far more effective. I think it was a positive to have them removed, and thats after just a week.

I used CW3 for 10 days right before the switching of crit bonuses of the set pieces. RD & CW were OP abilities and I'm glad they have been removed from the game. Players using the abilities had a clear advantage over players who did't use them. What I notice most now that they are gone is the elite 6 mans and casual 6 mans are dying more in SC's and RVR.

Excited for when NB suffers the same fate.
NB already has. It's buggy as **** right now, and been removed from VinyUI at least. I took it off a few days ago.

It can't be OP if anyone can take it or use it. I miss CW. I really do. I had it on every healer. But, I don't miss it as an "oh ****" button. I miss it as a snare/silence or WoP quick removal to help my healing or kiting. I don't feel CW is inherently OP, personally, I would of increased CW rank 1 to 15 RR, CW rank 2 to 15, and removed CW3 entirely. I doubt that is even possible to do however.

RD is a different. But so is QE.

and I hate the argument "Players using the abilities had a clear advantage over players who did't use them.." By that logic, remove Enemy, Buffhead, pots, assist, coms, or groups. Addons provide FAR more of an advantage to those that use vs those that don't use. Far more than CW or RD.

Hell, how about the difference between players that use flee and AP pots, vs those that don't?

Dansari is right though. I don't feel the difference of missing CW as much as I thought I would. Those points into deft defender help...
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Zaxxond

Post#163 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:42 am

Dabbart wrote:
Spoiler:
Zaxxond wrote:
Shalktonin wrote:
gotta agree with this before there was a case where some had it and some didn't. Those without were at a disadvantage. Now its even no one has it and my CC tools to escape trains are far more effective. I think it was a positive to have them removed, and thats after just a week.

I used CW3 for 10 days right before the switching of crit bonuses of the set pieces. RD & CW were OP abilities and I'm glad they have been removed from the game. Players using the abilities had a clear advantage over players who did't use them. What I notice most now that they are gone is the elite 6 mans and casual 6 mans are dying more in SC's and RVR.

Excited for when NB suffers the same fate.
NB already has. It's buggy as **** right now, and been removed from VinyUI at least. I took it off a few days ago.

It can't be OP if anyone can take it or use it. I miss CW. I really do. I had it on every healer. But, I don't miss it as an "oh ****" button. I miss it as a snare/silence or WoP quick removal to help my healing or kiting. I don't feel CW is inherently OP, personally, I would of increased CW rank 1 to 15 RR, CW rank 2 to 15, and removed CW3 entirely. I doubt that is even possible to do however.

RD is a different. But so is QE.

and I hate the argument "Players using the abilities had a clear advantage over players who did't use them.." By that logic, remove Enemy, Buffhead, pots, assist, coms, or groups. Addons provide FAR more of an advantage to those that use vs those that don't use. Far more than CW or RD.

Hell, how about the difference between players that use flee and AP pots, vs those that don't?

Dansari is right though. I don't feel the difference of missing CW as much as I thought I would. Those points into deft defender help...
Yes, remove the enemy mark that you and your cohorts always place on the other realm. I agree its quite weak af.

Maybe the dev team can disable all addons for a week for testing purposes.

Bozzax

Post#164 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:49 am

Renown Ability Changes
Disabled Resolute Defence and Cleansing Wind
I've tested this a lot now I'd say it makes the game even more rdps biased

(Much harder to kite off pressure now as melee since you die from dots regardless)

(E: ofc less of an issue in reasonable grps)
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Sulorie

Post#165 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:51 pm

Manatikik wrote:
Shalktonin wrote:
Hastykrasty wrote: I can't wait too
I can, especially for those of us who have minor to moderate physical diabilities, NB lets me play the game when i wouldn't otherwise be able to. It isn't a case of git gud, unless you have a cure for neurological deterioration. Which I imagine you don't so don't automatically think that NB is for people who don't have skills its also for people who love this game and wouldn't otherwise be able to play it.
Could just use CastSequence and not get **** from people (assuming you only use it to save you reach/buttons).
I assume most people got NB for cast sequencing in the first place.
Afaik there is no other addon to do this.
Dying is no option.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#166 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:12 pm

Sulorie wrote: Afaik there is no other addon to do this.
Check Cast Sequence.

SilverWF
Suspended

Post#167 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:37 pm

Spoiler:
Did they removed WP's free detaunt while 2handing or not?
If not, how many Order-biased changes has been done here for a last year?
We're not going to continue to play the "how low-quality of a shitpost can I make" game with you.
Bretin: "destru classes are in general better for solo play" :lol:
A lot of addons here | Just a few T3 vids from live game | Remove IP-blocking at forum!

qwerty113

Post#168 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:49 pm

Dragon gun 3s knock srly ?? The most unusing skill of wh. Facepalm
Feroze - wh | Faiz - bw
Roam video's thread

Ads
Aurandilaz

Post#169 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:54 pm

qwerty113 wrote:Dragon gun 3s knock srly ?? The most unusing skill of wh. Facepalm
Exact mirror of widely used WE OnYourKnees finisher? What's the problem, if many WEs run the mirror maybe a few WHs might also learn just how good it can be at catching all the enemy rdps and healers who are about to escape death?

qwerty113

Post#170 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:16 pm

Aurandilaz wrote:
qwerty113 wrote:Dragon gun 3s knock srly ?? The most unusing skill of wh. Facepalm
Exact mirror of widely used WE OnYourKnees finisher? What's the problem, if many WEs run the mirror maybe a few WHs might also learn just how good it can be at catching all the enemy rdps and healers who are about to escape death?
we's was stronger than wh especially of their different specs 2-3 or 1-3, now we's got aa 50% and snair of sacrifice stab and its with imba op tactic Taste of Blood. to much disbalance
Feroze - wh | Faiz - bw
Roam video's thread