Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Tankbeardz

Re: Patch Notes 4/11/2017

Post#151 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:59 pm

Wisek wrote:
Tankbeardz wrote:
Wisek wrote:
sorry but you question is to universal to answer it. So i will made it simple for me too read my text again and you have your answer.

edit: and please dont insinuate things i have never said.
So you answer my question with nothing....moving along.
never said range dds in general need more escape tools then meelde dds. So you ask a question to a part i never said. Another thing you say "more" tools. more or less is nothing for a balance discussion... effectiveness is the key effectiveness in general and effectiveness in which situation... dont have time to explain you basics... moving along
Read the edit chief.

Also: "effectiveness is the key effectiveness in general and effectiveness in which situation" - That statement literally means nothing.

Ads
Shalktonin

Post#152 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:06 pm

dansari wrote:Yep I have found that even though I don't have CW anymore, it's perfectly fine to play without it because now no one has it. I think this hurts solo players more than anything but, it's not a solo game so if you choose to go that route you know what you're getting into
gotta agree with this before there was a case where some had it and some didn't. Those without were at a disadvantage. Now its even no one has it and my CC tools to escape trains are far more effective. I think it was a positive to have them removed, and thats after just a week.
Scientia potentia est, tene hanc bene

Hastykrasty

Post#153 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:30 pm

Wisek wrote:Hello,

Feedback to remove cw & rd:

As I already wrote a week befor in a global look at the game and pvp meta I understand why rd and cw were removed. I mean really why should we give a class like mara or wl who have already a lot gap closer, a tool like cw and rd? Why should we give a tank who has already juggernaut another cc immu and snare remove with cw and cc immu with rd. In particular def tanks. That are only some examples for combinations were rd & cw is too strong.

But range DDs and healers dont have such tools, they suffer under this remove at most. There are rangeDDs with range snare and self pount or range KD so there have other tools who made to help them in such situiatons (if they still work when you face a mara with speed, snare ignore & remove + pull or a WL with speed, snare ignore & remove, pull and pounce is another story) and you have range DDs who dont have such tools. So even in the archetype rangeDD you have different needs.
Same counts for healers, you have healers with single stagger, insta heal while running, aoe kick with snare with tactic or speed proc tactic, snare pit & range kick. And you have healers with a 30 feet kick without snare and no aoe detaunt.

So we have 2 archetyps who suffer under this more then the other 2 archetyps. In this archetyps there are again classes who suffer more and classes who suffer less.

So i need to say when you think you can "balance" this game with removing a global skill that is for everybody available you are wrong. You have to look at the details who need this because he has no other tools and who need this not because he has already enough tools like that.

Thanks for reading

regards
"When a man with a .45 meets a man with a rifle, the man with a pistol will be a dead man." -quote
Same here, a mdps is supposed to kill a squishy rdps, or an unprepared healer, nothing new under the sun.
If you see someone trying to kill you, kill him first or keep the distance, or die.
Suffer Not The Eretic To Live

Nameless

Post#154 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:47 pm

The initial design of the classes at war is made without cw and rd (and qe btw) in mind. So these tools produce disbalance among archetypes and classes. Some classes are made on purpose with low capabilities to deal with cc but are compensated by other tools. Becouse of rd and cw we got immortal doks/wps and impossible to catch shamans.
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Zaxxond

Post#155 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:00 pm

Shalktonin wrote:
dansari wrote:Yep I have found that even though I don't have CW anymore, it's perfectly fine to play without it because now no one has it. I think this hurts solo players more than anything but, it's not a solo game so if you choose to go that route you know what you're getting into
gotta agree with this before there was a case where some had it and some didn't. Those without were at a disadvantage. Now its even no one has it and my CC tools to escape trains are far more effective. I think it was a positive to have them removed, and thats after just a week.

I used CW3 for 10 days right before the switching of crit bonuses of the set pieces. RD & CW were OP abilities and I'm glad they have been removed from the game. Players using the abilities had a clear advantage over players who did't use them. What I notice most now that they are gone is the elite 6 mans and casual 6 mans are dying more in SC's and RVR.

Excited for when NB suffers the same fate.

Hastykrasty

Post#156 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:05 pm

Zaxxond wrote: Excited for when NB suffers the same fate.
I can't wait too
Suffer Not The Eretic To Live

Shalktonin

Post#157 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:20 pm

Hastykrasty wrote:
I can't wait too
I can, especially for those of us who have minor to moderate physical diabilities, NB lets me play the game when i wouldn't otherwise be able to. It isn't a case of git gud, unless you have a cure for neurological deterioration. Which I imagine you don't so don't automatically think that NB is for people who don't have skills its also for people who love this game and wouldn't otherwise be able to play it.

Penril

Post#158 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:33 pm

You could always play a KotBS...

(kidding)

Ads
Manatikik

Post#159 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:43 pm

Shalktonin wrote:
Hastykrasty wrote:
I can't wait too
I can, especially for those of us who have minor to moderate physical diabilities, NB lets me play the game when i wouldn't otherwise be able to. It isn't a case of git gud, unless you have a cure for neurological deterioration. Which I imagine you don't so don't automatically think that NB is for people who don't have skills its also for people who love this game and wouldn't otherwise be able to play it.
Could just use CastSequence and not get **** from people (assuming you only use it to save you reach/buttons).
<Montague><Capulet>

Shalktonin

Post#160 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:12 pm

Penril wrote:You could always play a KotBS...

(kidding)
:P

I had never heard of Castsequence. Something i'll have to check out.