Patch Notes 25/11/2017

Moderators: Developer, Web Developer, Language Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
ToXoS

Re: Patch Notes 25/11/2017

Post#61 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:48 pm

SilverWF wrote:
ToXoS wrote:Edit: nvm I don't have such a thing.

You mean GF? :D

I mean ANGRY GF ;)

Natherul
Lead Developer

Post#62 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:26 pm

Just to clear something up (even though I dont have to)

The issue with Expert skirmisher has been on my table for MONTHS, I did not know how to fix it when I first looked at it and then it just got put into the list of things to look at later, that later being last week. This is nothing that came about because of some recent event that some might suggest. The tactic was just broken to an insane level which should have never been allowed tbh
Lead dev does not mean I´m the best coder around, it just means I have taken on a management role for the devs.
Join the Unofficial IRC
Idrinth´s addon database and client

dansari

Post#63 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:08 pm

Natherul wrote:Just to clear something up (even though I dont have to)

The issue with Expert skirmisher has been on my table for MONTHS, I did not know how to fix it when I first looked at it and then it just got put into the list of things to look at later, that later being last week. This is nothing that came about because of some recent event that some might suggest. The tactic was just broken to an insane level which should have never been allowed tbh

No no no it was definitely because of phalanx
Resident Salt Refinery of <Train Wreck>

Dansarann / SW
Dansaram / RP
Dansaren / BW

Lektroluv

Post#64 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:16 pm

Natherul wrote:Just to clear something up (even though I dont have to)

And it is a good fix, you ended with the madness of players doing 300k damage in scenarios with only one button spamming ability.

100% support this fix, the tactic was not only broken, it was overperforming too respect to other ranged dps dealers in areas duty.

Stinkyweed

Post#65 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:03 am

What is the point, or what is the reasonable build, for ES without it applying to LA or STYa? Seems like a completely useless tactic otherwise.

dansari

Post#66 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:32 am

Stinkyweed wrote:What is the point, or what is the reasonable build, for ES without it applying to LA or STYa? Seems like a completely useless tactic otherwise.

I have to agree.. since LA and STY are self casts, ES works with them. Same with all self casts. The only purpose it would serve is if you somehow had a long cast time on a melee ability, which you never have.
Resident Salt Refinery of <Train Wreck>

Dansarann / SW
Dansaram / RP
Dansaren / BW

Natherul
Lead Developer

Post#67 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:12 am

Stinkyweed wrote:What is the point, or what is the reasonable build, for ES without it applying to LA or STYa? Seems like a completely useless tactic otherwise.

It still applies to those abilities but it now actually recuires you to have a hostile target within the range specified.
Lead dev does not mean I´m the best coder around, it just means I have taken on a management role for the devs.
Join the Unofficial IRC
Idrinth´s addon database and client

Torquemadra
Head Database Developer

Post#68 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:38 pm

As clearly stated, it works just fine on those abilities, its just not a blanket, static buff without the criteria being fulfilled. If an ability says it needs you or an enemy to be within X why on earth should be working on an ability at a much greater range?

As for being a 'useless' tactic it does exactly what it says on it, you dont like it, well lots more to choose from right?

Stinkyweed

Post#69 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:30 pm

Natherul wrote:
It still applies to those abilities but it now actually recuires you to have a hostile target within the range specified.

Natherul,
Thank you for taking the time to explain that, I understand the change now.

Return to “Server Changelogs”