Patch Notes 25/11/2017

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Manatikik

Re: Patch Notes 25/11/2017

Post#31 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:09 am

dansari wrote:
Warfare80 wrote:
daniilpb wrote:Well, probably this fix will get us back to LIVE meta: only BWs and SLs are welcome in WB play. And just one-two Engis for pulls and Pierce Defenses.
Lets hope this is wrong. Wait 1-2 weeks and see what the SW community says once they tested the class in WBs. I would love to see a small aoe buff on SWs (force ppl to specc it if they wanna use it) but i dont know how this could be achieved.
Yep. There are a few things you could do but no point in being doom and gloom until we have time to play with it.
But the end is nigh and the SW apocalypse has arrived! We must panic and spread our misfortune to everyone!

Or you know, something like that.
<Montague><Capulet>

Ads
Martok

Post#32 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:13 am

Thanks for all the work and effort on the game all, much appreciated.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Klesko

Post#33 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:48 am

I imagine the old Lileath Arrow Expert Skirmisher spam is just fine if you're RR 70+, full defensive talis, pocket guard, pocket healer (or 2), a Crashing Wave SM buddy to keep you up from the inevitable CC death before you get to do anything from 20ft away... As is now, SW AoE is pretty bad lol; you certainly can't pug the 20ft range tactic and live to tell a tale, even in small scale.

Funny thing is, I had just swapped to the Expert Skirmisher spec a few days ago (long time Scout player here) because my scout path got singled out for a pretty significant nerf that the other two SW paths were completely unaffected from. I really can't see any justification for singling out Scout players to not have a KD that literally any other spec'd SW would get access to. I don't think Scout was over-performing above the others to justify it being singled out as excluded from having an essential part of the SW kit, and now that I've swapped back into Scout after the Expert Skirmisher fix, I find it completely untenable not having that protection for my allies or my own position except via a dps race when a destro mdps glues themselves to an ally. There's really no reason to railroad players into deep skirmisher (Eye Shot) or deep assault (Exploit Weakness) specs.

The Expert Skirmisher fix needed to be implemented, but I'm suffering from nerf weariness right now on the SW. Will have to take a wait and see approach on what changes unfold for the class...

Klesko

Post#34 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:01 am

Torquemadra wrote:Never mind that scout had buffs in fell the weak having its additional damage modifier bracket increased from 20 to 30% or that the additional AP costs for the No Quarter tactic was cut by a third?
Was that change not mirrored? SH's got the exact same treatment, no? Let's not pretend like that was a compensation made directly to Scout SW's that alone lost a big part of their CC kit.

A bit of a boost on those is... nice? Feels more like a "Sorry we burned down your house. Here's a fruit basket," sorta thing. That said, I've been trying out the No Quarter tactic now with the change, because it's clear that there's an attempt to make it more attractive... hasn't at all made me feel less melancholy about having to wave goodbye to my healers who get KD'd WE roflstomped when I used to be able to swap stances and do something about it if I was quick enough and had a keen eye. Sorry if I don't feel the same on the subject.

Darks63

Post#35 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:29 am

Cool fix on the WL names next fix it so going in and out of rvr zone and leveling doesn't cause the Lion/Squig to disappear/desummon please:).
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

Foomy44

Post#36 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:09 am

Klesko wrote:... hasn't at all made me feel less melancholy about having to wave goodbye to my healers who get KD'd WE roflstomped when I used to be able to swap stances and do something about it if I was quick enough and had a keen eye..
Assault stance still has a disarm that works just fine in that situation, if not better (1 second longer duration according to career builder) maybe just have to stick a little closer to your healers than you used to.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

Klesko

Post#37 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:22 am

Foomy44 wrote:
Klesko wrote:... hasn't at all made me feel less melancholy about having to wave goodbye to my healers who get KD'd WE roflstomped when I used to be able to swap stances and do something about it if I was quick enough and had a keen eye..
Assault stance still has a disarm that works just fine in that situation, if not better (1 second longer duration according to career builder) maybe just have to stick a little closer to your healers than you used to.
Fundamental problem with that is the same problem of stripping Scout (and scout alone) of the CC. Scout is an immobile archer, long cast times, long distance abilities that rely, perhaps more so than even skirmish, on positioning in a battle. Skirmish can run and shoot, while that's not a hallmark of the Scout SW. The last thing a Scout spec'd SW wants to do is to run up within 5ft of a fight to hit an enemy with a partial CC. Heaven forbid there should be a second destro player in the fight (cause that'll never happen, am I right!?) that turns and pops you with any plethora of snares or CC of their own ><

Opportunistic Strike (the assault ability you reference) has a 30s CD as opposed to 20, requires you be in melee, allows the effected enemy to re-position (perhaps onto you!), does not lower your enemy's initiative, and has a much longer time to apply than Eye Shot (SW's do not exactly pounce to targets to apply melee effects). Opportunistic Strike is certainly not better for a Scout SW that wants to maintain healthy distances, lest the SW has to completely retool their gear and tactics to be a close fighter... at which point you might as well switch to an assault or skirmisher SW instead, nor will it likely be applied in the same timely manner than Eye Shot could be.

The loss of that part of a tool kit for a Scout player creates a deviation in the actual play of the class, a fundamental loss of something that is not made up with a bit of tweaking on Fell the Weak or No Quarter, sadly. (To reiterate a notable sidenote: SH's saw the same treatment of said skills on destro side) I'm not sure if any of the devs or anyone who had a hand in making the change actually plays a Scout SW, I would venture a guess no. The "balancing" that was made on the core skill really only denied Scout SW's a fundamental CC tool that would otherwise be available if they picked any other mastery path ><. I feel like I've said my peace on the matter, giving a direct perspective of someone actually effected by the targeted change. Maybe Scout was too strong? The other forum threads I've participated seem to have adamantly maintained the opposite.

Stophy22

Post#38 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:14 am

wargrimnir wrote: Natherul
- Set a max of 4 letters in a row allowed in character names
- Added a cap to how much xp you can gain at once as server sometimes did dumb stuff
- Changed the rr gain cap from 50k to 40k but if you go over it now it will not be discarded but 40k will be given (realistically this should never happen).
So my ticket got closed https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/10890 and I won't be given my renown because I got too much? I just wanted to make sure so I can move on.
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#39 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:25 am

Stophy22 wrote:
wargrimnir wrote: Natherul
- Set a max of 4 letters in a row allowed in character names
- Added a cap to how much xp you can gain at once as server sometimes did dumb stuff
- Changed the rr gain cap from 50k to 40k but if you go over it now it will not be discarded but 40k will be given (realistically this should never happen).
So my ticket got closed https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/10890 and I won't be given my renown because I got too much? I just wanted to make sure so I can move on.
We don't give out renown on live for any reason, so no.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

KikkL
Banned

Post#40 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:16 am

Warfare80 wrote:
daniilpb wrote:Well, probably this fix will get us back to LIVE meta: only BWs and SLs are welcome in WB play. And just one-two Engis for pulls and Pierce Defenses.
Lets hope this is wrong. Wait 1-2 weeks and see what the SW community says once they tested the class in WBs. I would love to see a small aoe buff on SWs (force ppl to specc it if they wanna use it) but i dont know how this could be achieved.

Honestly, what are you talking about? lileaths arrow is probably the strongest best spammable aoe in the game, plus the tactic to make it shoot farther. And now also you want a buff to it?! ITS THE EASIEST AOE SPAM IN THE GAME!! LEARN POSITIONING and if you want added damage, slot ballistic tali with centuries of training, plus you can pick up the ability barrage..
The only problem I had with SW was waiting untill level 40 to get Lileaths arrow. Its such a huge defining stance ability and you have to wait till level 40 to get it.. That was the only problem I had.
Its not underpowered, its the easiest aoe and damaging in the game. If you still have problem switch to scout stance before you spam it and put flame arrow on your targets.
This is a learn to play issue, has nothing to do with the ability.