Ads

Patch Notes 1/12/2017

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Nabaro

Re: Patch Notes 1/12/2017

Post#131 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:50 am

Hargrim wrote:
Nabaro wrote:And still Draining Swipe =\= Pounce, when nerf WLs?
WL was nerfed already and not once. Go read the past change logs.
I'm sorry, but change Path of The Guardian - Absolutely not nerf. When pet in 3-5 seconds kills sorс without heal, this is not normal. In this case, the WL himself became even fatter and still have burst. Secrets himself says on stream - that not nerf. Or u mean pounce with CD? But now pounce have speed buff, this is better. Or u mean AOE immune pet? Or what nerfs?
Triv, Nabari \ Nerv, Virt
https://www.twitch.tv/nabaro

Ads
Foomy44

Post#132 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:46 am

Nabaro wrote: And still Draining Swipe =\= Pounce, when nerf WLs?
Destro is getting pounce when SH stabbity rework comes through that was announced at the same time as WL guardian rework, they just need client control to pull it off I believe.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=21848
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

Haojin

Post#133 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:24 am

wargrimnir wrote:
Haojin wrote: the thing is : PB - GI - FoF is must for most of the times and 4th tactic is generally optional like DC-DI-BF-FL ; simply there is no spot for that sweet ST-CE tactics for marauder cause the other 4 tactic is better than them. Maybe an exception for ST tho, 160 init buff is so good.

about the hulking brute : toughness buff become awesome after you changed stacking rules for it, simply 360 toughness buff with tactic + ferocious assault. now same rules with 160 (from tactic) +160 initiative (from black orc) , so total 720 stat buff for single tactic.

another note : it's personal but hulking brute wasn't a core tactic for warband spec for marauder, mostly using by solo monstro ones like me; marauders base damage is too low, you simply can't leave your offensive tactics for extra defense; otherwise you'll hit like a wet noodle.
So it was a significant buff to a tactic that will never be taken anyway because all your other tactics are too good?
4th tactic of mara:
deadly clutch : %50 inc heal debuff + self heal = you can't imagine killing something if you dont have heal debuff in your group.
deeply impaled: %10 inc crit chance of target; great buff for assist train, also great synergy with crimson death. aka %20 crit buff.
brute force/flanking : piercing bite + flanking > brute force + piercing bite > piercing bite + scything talon damage wise.

corrupting edge is good on paper but as a mara brutalty stance is like my %30-%20 of time when fighting. so it's unstable.
sycthing talon is good on paper especially for 160+X init/ws buff tho; but i again, i prefer compansate my initiative with gear and renown, ws buff isn't that much with piercing bite.

about hulking brute : if you want to be a tank mara or 1v1 er it's super good now, not optimal if you want to kill something.
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn

Hargrim
Developer

Post#134 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:41 am

Nabaro wrote:I'm sorry, but change Path of The Guardian - Absolutely not nerf. When pet in 3-5 seconds kills sorс without heal, this is not normal. In this case, the WL himself became even fatter and still have burst. Secrets himself says on stream - that not nerf. Or u mean pounce with CD? But now pounce have speed buff, this is better. Or u mean AOE immune pet? Or what nerfs?
Go read patch notes, I won't do your homework for you. Also, if WL is so great (it is best melee DPS on Order after all) roll one and stop pointless whine.

Gatto

Post#135 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:39 pm

well to be correct pounce should be moved like wounds debuff.
white lions wise i think immunity to aoe damage while they can dish tons of damage, stuns from range and immune to all cc's (6seconds iirc) is a bit too much for a pet/AI.
same for engi turret which dont even care about Los
sdk.flm.

"nerf Rock, Paper is fine." -Scissors

Penril

Post#136 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:48 pm

Sure, bring all your bright ideas and proposals to the balance forums. Keep this thread clean.

kindred4080

Post#137 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:53 pm

I did some testing with engi, just for the purpose of testing.
If you sieging keep and start shooting at someone who stands atop of a wall, your turret will ignore LoS.
But if you place your turret inside a keep, for example at ground level, and your target hides from you behind a wall then the turret can't pew pew at your target.
Hao, can you pls tell me your character id from DB, because i can't find your mara in armory?
The reason i'm asking it, is because i can't understand how you can get cap str(1050), 700 toughness, 40% crit (even with FoF), 600+ WS, 40% parry and 0% receiving crit (from futile strikes i guess). I can barely scrap half of it from mixing 3 gear sets.
Thank you.
Shoom - Marauder
Nobguzzlah - Black Orc
Proud member of "No Remorse" :)

Gatto

Post#138 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:00 pm

kindred4080 wrote:I did some testing with engi, just for the purpose of testing.
If you sieging keep and start shooting at someone who stands atop of a wall, your turret will ignore LoS.
But if you place your turret inside a keep, for example at ground level, and your target hides from you behind a wall then the turret can't pew pew at your target.
turrets will break los w/e they are, if it lock a target there is no los that will save you.
sdk.flm.

"nerf Rock, Paper is fine." -Scissors

Ads
vertolet

Post#139 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:16 pm

Spoiler:
peterthepan3 wrote:
Destromagus wrote:
peterthepan3 wrote:WL is a better pug killer, marauder is the better premade killer.
What about WL+SM+SL/WH combination and their synergy?It's ok,right?
It's very good, but its very niche and arguably one-trick pony against enemies who can anticipate it (M1 burst rotations).
One-trick pony its biggest burst in game every each 10 second ?
peterthepan3 wrote: WL is a better pug killer, marauder is the better premade killer.
Haojin wrote:marauders absolutely unstoppable, cap str, %50 armor penetration, %45-50 crit, 4.5-5 k armor, 700-800 toughness and max parry, max dodge distrupt with 0 chance to get crit is just not normal.
i hope its sarcasm.
Enough with the derailing.

peterthepan3

Post#140 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:51 pm

Spoiler:
vertolet wrote:
peterthepan3 wrote:
Destromagus wrote: What about WL+SM+SL/WH combination and their synergy?It's ok,right?
It's very good, but its very niche and arguably one-trick pony against enemies who can anticipate it (M1 burst rotations).
One-trick pony its biggest burst in game every each 10 second ?
peterthepan3 wrote: WL is a better pug killer, marauder is the better premade killer.
Haojin wrote:marauders absolutely unstoppable, cap str, %50 armor penetration, %45-50 crit, 4.5-5 k armor, 700-800 toughness and max parry, max dodge distrupt with 0 chance to get crit is just not normal.
i hope its sarcasm.
Yes. One-trick pony against a competent and seasoned destro premade who: 1) kill the WL's pet off CD, eliminating that huge burst; 2) AP drain, bitch (no gap closer = gg) & DoT the WH so he can never use stealth again; 3) bitch the SM with constant KD/KB.

There are only 2 premades who did this. Just because you can't, doesn't mean it hasn't been done.

Yes, marauder is better in 6v6 than WL...do you know what you're talking about?
Same as above.