Ads

Patch Notes 08/12/2017

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
GodlessCrom
Suspended

Re: Patch Notes 08/12/2017

Post#61 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:01 pm

Why not have all defensive morales, such as Immaculate Defense or Skin of Iron or Armor Plating decrease morale damage as well? Would make defensive morales the counterplay to offensive morales.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Ads
Penril

Post#62 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:07 pm

footpatrol2 wrote:Maybe you haven't been following my posts penril...

I'll do it again since it seems you forgot. Bozzax found the old racial group renown tactics which look like this.
Spoiler:
Bozzax wrote: Chaotic Alligence;4;40;Renown tactic;Destruction;You receive an additional 5% morale gain for every Chaos in your group.
Dark Elf Lineage;4;40;Renown tactic;Destruction;You receive an additional 5% morale gain for every Dark Elf in your group.
Orcish Camaraderie;4;40;Renown tactic;Destruction;You receive an additional 5% morale gain for every Greenskin in your group.
Dwarven Camaraderie;4;40;Renown tactic;Order;You receive an additional 5% morale gain for every Dwarf in your group.
Empire Alligence;4;40;Renown tactic;Order;You receive an additional 5% morale gain for every Empire in your group.
High Elf Lineage;4;40;Renown tactic;Order;You receive an additional 5% morale gain for every High Elf in your group.
If you want to preview the whole post which I suggest look here
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=21384

This suggests taking repeat classes to get maximum morale gain. Morale abilities are suppose to supersede normal game mechanic's. It is not bad design to take 2 of the same class in a group comp. It is THEE design. It is intentional and not random.
I never followed them tbh. And this is RoR, not live. No one gives a damn about those old renown tactics that haven't existed for several years.

In RoR, it is much better to take a Chosen and a BO than 2 Chosen. Or a Sorc and SH instead of 2 sorcs. Etc, etc, etc...

Collateral

Post#63 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:29 pm

Aurandilaz wrote:99.99% of the server population has no interest in doing a weird setup so you can snipe an innocent goblin from 100 feet with 3xBurning Head.
Oh friend, you have no idea :D

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#64 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:31 pm

Am 100% certain 99% of Order would do precisely that exact thing to Teefz, Jurki, Morfee, Landy, etc. :D
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Haojin

Post#65 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:13 pm

Aurandilaz wrote: I can probably count the few rare souls with fingers of one hand, who are willing to go maximum moral cancer path to pump morals with few ST AM abilities to get those 100 feet AoE dmg morals. ;)
99.99% of the server population has no interest in doing a weird setup so you can snipe an innocent goblin from 100 feet with 3xBurning Head.
Running too many AMs to get those morals out is just gimping yourself. Even shaman pump is meh tier considering the possible moral cheese available (9 sec Mara M2 bomb dump is total overkill 99% of time)

Main issue IMO is that due to the fact that natural moral gain is now somewhere closer to 20 than old 30 (something is really off lately with the gains, its below its normal "fixed" state), and thus large, if not almost full majority of server population has no realistic chance of reaching M4 in battle (maybe 1-2 times during very long siege), so most people ignore moral specs for buying better M4s because how unrealistic the chance of getting one out are.
Its close to being "locked out" game content due difficulty of gaining 3600 moral points before fight is over.
morales becomes cheesing ? when ? why ? how ? these abilities are core like guard-htl-healing-damaging ect. the whole meta designed around it believe it or not. it's your own problem if you can't counter it. still can't see from anyone to FIX "Alter Fate" for example, or even make a proposal about to make it M2 for all healers..

about the gimping thingie, yes i agree, it's a BIG trade off if you design your own meta around PURE morale bombing, as i said before there are counters for it if you dig enough and sacrifice your own time. start leveling a marauder maybe ? or forcing guildies to make new healer toons ? theorycrafting ? coordination ? pain ?

also hitting m4 in every combat is super possible if you design your group around it, the thing that, is it worth it or not ? if it's worth it go on it's not don't do it. no one forcing anyone.

Penril wrote: I never followed them tbh. And this is RoR, not live. No one gives a damn about those old renown tactics that haven't existed for several years.

In RoR, it is much better to take a Chosen and a BO than 2 Chosen. Or a Sorc and SH instead of 2 sorcs. Etc, etc, etc...
not sure you know that but something changed about morale gaining thingie ? people losing morale even in combat, just gonna make a bugreport depends the respond from someone here.
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn

footpatrol2

Post#66 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:33 am

Spoiler:
I'll let you join my racial groups Penril. Don't worry.
I am not interested in joining your racial groups, and since you have had at least 3 warnings in the past (most of them for derailing other threads with your racial group agenda) maybe it is time to take a break from the forum.