Ads

Patch Notes 16/12/2017

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Sulorie

Re: Patch Notes 16/12/2017

Post#191 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:39 pm

Torquemadra wrote:
Yet the "complaints" have come from two DPS AMs, both of which benefited hugely from the system we had the day before yesterday when mounting would break on every dot tick and STILL you personally raising the issue was ominously absent, how odd....

I cant currently line it up as it was on live, AMs were kings of the dismount, now they are not, or rather you can use your mechanic to drop instant casts anyway just cant "lololol dot dot dot". Thats that until its changed otherwise.
But we don't want dismount by dot ticks either. Everyone here likes the change with dot ticks. I don't know why you come back to that stereotype on every reply.
People were not silent about the dot changes in the past but were told that feedback isn't wanted too early after a patch. :)

On live every class had fair chances to dismount once per gcd with ranged attacks. AM were no king in this department, every class was able to do it.
The mechanic doesn't help you, because there is no time for 5x self hot to get an instant cast, while a mounted enemy chases you, which isn't truly instant as mentioned in other threads, because those spells are not flagged as castable-on-the-move.

Currently only SW/SH have long range spamm-able direct damage attacks with short cast time, all others have rather long cooldowns on one single instant cast.
Melees have only mid range but can at least spam their axe/dagger-throw.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Telen
Suspended

Post#192 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:47 pm

The funny thing is I kited 3 people back to wc on my choppa today. With axe toss and flee/charge. Something I couldnt now do on some classes designed to kite.

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#193 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:49 pm

What class designed to kite cannot kite better than a choppa?
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Telen
Suspended

Post#194 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:58 pm

GodlessCrom wrote:What class designed to kite cannot kite better than a choppa?
I couldnt have kept 3 classes dismounted and escaped without charge on my sorc without dot on hit dismount. Even potions dismount.

Aurandilaz

Post#195 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:30 pm

Hargrim wrote:
Aurandilaz wrote:Slightly off/on the tangent; any hope of future fix regarding WL pet being a heat-locked cruise missile when it comes to stealth?
I mean, when WE/WH stealth, the enemy players lose "sight" of them and no longer can see them in any form on the screen. Meanwhile the pets (both WL and SH I believe) have some kind of missile-lock system, that is they do not lose the "lock on target" but keep shooting like a missile with clear aim. :)
I know its a longer bug, and might be hard to fix, but still hopeful that there might be one or some other way to ensure that pet could also lose sight of the stealthing player.
Is there bugtracker ticket with video maybe?
added video to one of the bugtracker tickets

Click here to watch on YouTube

it's an ancient bug/issue/feature, affects both WE/WH when facing WL/SH pets.

Hastykrasty

Post#196 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:35 pm

Aurandilaz wrote: it's an ancient bug/issue/feature, affects both WE/WH when facing WL/SH pets.
Also Engie/magus turrets/demons
Suffer Not The Eretic To Live

Spacecraft

Post#197 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:27 pm

On your video you stealth after you been targeted by pet they can still smell you

Hargrim
Developer

Post#198 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:09 pm

If I remember that should be fairly easy fix, the stealth thingy. Not sure if that's working as intended, but if not I will try to take a look in 2 weeks ;).

Ads
dansari

Post#199 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:32 pm

Hargrim wrote:If I remember that should be fairly easy fix, the stealth thingy. Not sure if that's working as intended, but if not I will try to take a look in 2 weeks ;).
.remindHargrimdaddy! 2 weeks
<Salt Factory>