Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 30/12/2017

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Coma

Re: Patch Notes 30/12/2017

Post#41 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:12 pm

Hargrim wrote:The wards as I'd like to implement them will only affect PvE gear and dungeons. So no, stuff from RvR will not affect wards in PvE and PvE gear will not affect RvR campaign in any way except pieces you wear. What this mean is that if you want to run end game dungeon you need to complete each previous dungeon or the (that's an example) +500% dmg bonus in ToVL will eradicate you in one hit.

If leads decide that they want something different it will be something different.
Are words going to work like in live, in the sense that you only need to "acquire" them to have them work and not directly WEAR the word linked item?

what I mean is on live once you acquired let say full greater ward you would be treated as having greater ward (so no suffereing estra damage inside LV) even if you actualy equipped some random purple items or annihilator (that was lesser ward)... this way even if you bound the WARD only to PvE equip at least player will not be limited on what they could wear inside the dungeon (once you have gathered full RE you can enter the next dungeon in full conqueror and still benefit from the Ward acquired from RE)

PS: in regard to what Torquemade said before; I agree that end game dungeon that drop extremely good equip such as what was LV pre LotD release and ToVL later on, are worth spending time on them... the problem is that current RE is equivalent to Annhilator/Mercenary (actualy it have good stat but not so good special bonuses it seem to particulary benefit ibrid builds for many classes... but ibrids are not the main stream and what more are quite underperforming when it come to PvE ^^' that is where RE come from...), for tank I would say that even ruin cuild be on the same level... and we all know how much easy it is to get ruin ^^' so just like you said "Hard dungeon=good reward easy dungeon=loosy reward" is really fine... but current gunbad sound more like "complex and long dungeon=avarage reward" ... that is at least my own point of view on gunbad (that is a good and funny dungeon and I intend to run it a few time despite having no interest in RE itself) and it's reward level...

PPS: also in relation to gunbad and reward... the gunbad influence is really a joke ^^' it was stated that gunbad is aimed for group geared in annhi/merc/BL... so what use should those already decently geared player have for those blu item that have no set bonus and lower stat that what they alredy wear?

Ads
kryss

Post#42 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:17 pm

Hargrim wrote:From my PoV you better start doing Gunbad now to not be left in cold later, but what do I know. Also, that's just my idea, maybe other team members have better ones.

Are there any weapons and/or accessories dropping from the instanced bosses?

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#43 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:29 pm

Thanks for the answers, Torque and Hargrim
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

rmpl

Post#44 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:30 pm

Hargrim wrote:From my PoV you better start doing Gunbad now to not be left in cold later, but what do I know. Also, that's just my idea, maybe other team members have better ones.
We don't even know the set bonuses or stats because the wiki hasn't been updated yet.

Coma

Post#45 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:34 pm

rmpl wrote:
We don't even know the set bonuses or stats because the wiki hasn't been updated yet.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0 here is the table with all set gear... ^^ enjoy ^^

rmpl

Post#46 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:37 pm

Coma wrote:
rmpl wrote:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0 here is the table with all set gear... ^^ enjoy ^^
Thanks, I'll update the wiki.

Aurandilaz

Post#47 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:54 pm

One mystery to me is that RedEye, which looks very much decent in itself, is slightly below Mercenary/Annihilator gear when it comes to armour values.
Also, why do healers get +5% heal crit bonus, rdps +4% dmgcrit and mdps split into wounds/+4%crit/+5%parry and tanks Armour debuff.
The set in itself looks good with various procs that may help in different situations, but it looks generally somewhat slightly inferior to the general Anni/Merc or Conq/Domi gears.
If this were September or October before changes to defensive mechanics, I would gladly have considered running RedEye on sorc with the quickening proc, but now its close to impossible to cast ShatteredShadows in middle of fight due to generic risk when it comes to finding a target that won't disrupt the initial damage landing.
On WitchElf the set might be decent in some situations, but Conqueror seems still generally better.
I'll probably farm them over time, but they are still below BiS gear unless you have some weird special setup in mind where it might be close to being BiS.

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#48 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:02 pm

We kept stats like they were on live, wargrim just inscrease values to make redeye set ani/mercy equivalent.
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Ads
Egoish

Post#49 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:19 pm

Would you consider someone taking a pass at restatting them?

As an example 2008 zealot with its mixed trees was a hybrid and would consider using a set that gave +60 int and will, however todays zealot is as far from a hybrid aspossible with their on/off dps toggle.

I think most can agree that item stats were a laughable part of the live game.

Edit, i'll admit +120 int for a 4pc on a dps zealot is reasonable but +120 will is meh for a healer.

Karast

Post#50 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:43 pm

We are doing the left wing again and we've hit the same issue. It reset again at less than 3 hours. It is weird since some people run through without mobs, but others die. It may be an issue of swapping a player in the group that triggers it.

edit: if you all leave the dungeon and then re-enter it will fix this issue and reset the pq's to finished. This seems to happen at every zone change / wipe. Npcs disappear and pq's reset unless everyone leaves and pops back in which fixes it.

edit 2: Glomps squigs sometimes get bugged out and become untargetable if they go after a healer up top in the middle that then gets punted.

edit 3: the re-enter fixes the PQ's but party members can get suck being sent to zone 0 when trying to enter the boss instance. Re-logging, and having the entire party leave and come back doesn't seem to fix it.

Glomps pretty fun though so nice work! Going to give the left side a rest and go for right / middle next round.
Last edited by Karast on Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.