Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 6/1/2018

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Jildaz

Re: Patch Notes 6/1/2018

Post#71 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:48 pm

What about roleplayers? they can roleplay how to communicate with unfriendlies without knowing their language.

Its already been explained and conveniently ignored by those who "liked it" that the majority of cross faction chat was unadulterated cancer, I dont care if you can use the ignore button, this is how it should have been from day one but its here now. Deal with it.
And that's exaclty why Ror is not part of this "majority". The first day i came back to Ror 2 years ago, playing in T1 i could see the orcs screaming WAAAGGHH and my first feeling was : that's awesome ! i missed that game !

I made my Dwarf when i first saw the 3rd bitterstone Thunderers in T3 beeing yellin at by destro.

Anyway it was a big part of fun for me, you can take my freedom of /say, but you wont take my freedom of /emote.
Gwelthas : WL 86 The Eternal Host
Gwelthaz : IB 86 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Gweltaz : SL 83 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Ashitakah : SW 82 The Eternal Host

Gwelth : marauder 80
Gwelt : BG 81

Ads
Telen
Suspended

Post#72 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:53 pm

Its a private server run and admin'd by volunteers. You cant expect them to admin some of the type of toxic players you always get in pvp games. When they do come down heavy, probably because of the amount of **** they have to read through on a voluntary basis. They get forum posts from the usual suspects squealing about freedom of speech etc.
I really dont know why people expect volunteers to admin a game and have far more wide open communication than games with devoted paid teams.

rmpl

Post#73 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:57 pm

Not a big fan of disabling xrealm chat, being able to interact and make friends with the opposite action was great and worth the occasional hate mail you'd get.

xtc1999
Banned

Post#74 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:02 pm

Spoiler:
OH NO MY ROLEPLAY!! 1!!one!1!1!1!1!
and warning given...... - Torque
EAT YOUR KFC LADS!

kaorich

Post#75 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:08 pm

the most emotional game ever

kaorich

Post#76 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:09 pm

Torquemadra , /hello

Skullgrin

Post#77 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:15 pm

Personally I feel that ending cross-realm tells is a waste of time, as some of the best/humorous interactions I've had with other players have been thru tells from the other side. This is just going to force those that do want to communicate with the other side to use /em - which allows you talk with the other side in the form of a personalized emote.

All this ban is really going to do is force the toxic stuff from private tells into public emotes... :roll:
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Luuca

Post#78 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:24 pm

Gerv wrote:
Natherul wrote:A decision was made to stop cross talk since there is no real point in it at all and it was used more often then not by taunting or rage:ing at an opponent.
It's a pvp game, surely this server is not that care bear where people can't deal with /say taunting, I mean what is the point of the ignore function?
Also receiving hate tells are hilarious, especially when people are bad.

If they really annoying you, just kill them, over and over, like zaxxond or lucca who spam crap like "zaxxed".
however, Luucca is doing it as parody. Unless I'm on my KotBS.. than it has meaning. :P

Ads
Fallenkezef

Post#79 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:28 pm

I'll be honest I have only had positive and fun banter with dessie in rvr but I have come across some nasty crap in SC's.

I also play world of warships and some of the vile stuff in the all chat does make me see the staff's pov if they get similar.

Ironic, my new WH is called Cromwell and spent the afternoon setting some great Oliver Cromwell quotes into /say macros.

End of the day we play at the sufferance of the staff and they have made this choice
Alea iacta est

Skullgrin

Post#80 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:30 pm

Torquemadra wrote: /emote doesnt work cross realm and /lol or /lmao is far less toxic than the crap we have had to deal with and for all the fun YOU have had in your interactions others have suffered actual threats and promises of abuse

Ah, I didn't know that was the case. Still think that it will just end up pushing it to another place, possibly to here on the forums - however Wargrimnir does do an excellent job of shutting that down fairly quickly. :P

What we need is an in-game bounty system that rewards people for hunting down and killing the characters of players that are abusive and threatening. Give me an extra 5 silver per kill and I'll happily make myself annoying to specific members of the opposite faction.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously though, if it makes your lives a bit easier, then I guess we'll just have to live with it.

I will miss saying "Zixxed" whenever Zaxxond dies, tho. :P
Last edited by Skullgrin on Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80