Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Raggaz

Re: Patch Notes 20/1/2018

Post#11 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:00 pm

oaliaen wrote:
wargrimnir wrote:[RvR]

Hargrim
- Changing character during RvR session will remove whole contribution from all characters of this player

Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you

so much =***
So obvious question.
What if a player just sits idle somewhere, causing the RvR flag status to disable and then switches chars?

Ads
Valfaros

Post#12 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:00 pm

Collateral wrote:If we crash I hope we don't lose the contribution.
As I've read it you only lose the contribution if you start playing with another character. So I guess if you crash and login with the same character you don't loose anything. Otherwise they would have written "upon logout you lose all contribution."

Jildaz

Post#13 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:07 pm

Hargrim
- Changing character during RvR session will remove whole contribution from all characters of this player
This Player or this account ?
what's an Rvr Session ? until zone lock ? just to be sure ^^
thanks for the patch :)
Gwelthas : WL 86 The Eternal Host
Gwelthaz : IB 86 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Gweltaz : SL 83 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Ashitakah : SW 82 The Eternal Host

Gwelth : marauder 80
Gwelt : BG 81

Skiantos

Post#14 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:08 pm

wargrimnir wrote:- Changing character during RvR session will remove whole contribution from all characters of this player
- Increased the importance of contribution in current zone for the bonus in next zones
Finally !!!!

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#15 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:13 pm

Raggaz wrote:
oaliaen wrote:

Hargrim

Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you

so much =***
So obvious question.
What if a player just sits idle somewhere, causing the RvR flag status to disable and then switches chars?
Contribution has nothing to do with the RvR flag, so it would still reset other characters if you switch.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Hargrim
Developer

Post#16 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:24 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:
rmpl wrote:
Hargrim wrote: - Increased the importance of contribution in current zone for the bonus in next zones
What does that mean?
Hopefully that actual contribution, as opposed to the RNG factor, will play a bigger role in getting your golds/purples in next zones.
Correct.

Disconnect or logout doesn't affect current contribution. Joining RvR fight in the same zone with new character will remove contribution from previous character, you will get a chat message in RvR channel saying that this is happening. So as long as you don't join RvR your contribution is safe, you can for example do Dungeon or some PvE without issues. I'm quite sure this won't affect Scenarios too.

Darosh
Banned

Post#17 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:27 pm

I guess you aren't yet able to link penalities to swapping realms, and this is just a bandaid approach?
Some are used to swap characters (on the same realm) to adapt for group compositions/rosters ~

Either way, thanks for the work.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#18 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:31 pm

Darosh wrote:I guess you aren't yet able to link penalities to swapping realms, and this is just a bandaid approach?
Some are used to swap characters (on the same realm) to adapt for group compositions/rosters ~

I could, but it was decided against such approach - thank all members of playerbase who tried to game the current bag-rewards system and change it into numbers game logging 5+ characters instead of putting in proper effort and get rewarded.

Ads
dansari

Post#19 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:35 pm

Hargrim wrote:
Darosh wrote:I guess you aren't yet able to link penalities to swapping realms, and this is just a bandaid approach?

I could, but it was decided against such approach - thank all members of playerbase who tried to game the current bag-rewards system and change it into numbers game logging 5+ characters instead of putting in proper effort and get rewarded.
Unfortunately this will greatly discourage adapting warband comps, but I guess it's the greater of two evils.
<Salt Factory>

Hargrim
Developer

Post#20 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:38 pm

dansari wrote:Unfortunately this will greatly discourage adapting warband comps, but I guess it's the greater of two evils.
Not long ago your contribution wasn't stored even if you crashed. We tried to give benefit of the doubt to playerbase, it turned out how it turned out. Want to adapt? Do so in next zone.