Ads

Patch Notes 20/1/2018

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
GodlessCrom
Suspended

Re: Patch Notes 20/1/2018

Post#131 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:11 pm

^ never even knew there was a call to get people on the dev server. Never use discord though.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#132 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:14 pm

If you're living in 2018, playing an online emulator for a dead game, and can't embrace basic things such as a game forums - let alone Discord - then that is on you. Get with the times, check the forums where they even have a thread for their official RoR discord, and stop relying on hand me outs in a game in alpha stage for your sole source of information/updates.

Point pertained to the fact that there were some 40/50+ 'testers' within the testing 'community', yet of them only a handful were readily available/willing to give up their live game time in an effort to help test. It wasn't so much a call for testers as it was people being given the chance on Discord to help test, saying 'yes', and then never turning up. Though it was only a fraction of entire server population, I can't help but think it was somewhat representative as a whole.

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#133 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:22 pm

Lol okay.

bloodi
Suspended

Post#134 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:24 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:It wasn't so much a call for testers as it was people being given the chance on Discord to help test, saying 'yes', and then never turning up. Though it was only a fraction of entire server population, I can't help but think it was somewhat representative as a whole.
So it was just you trying to call people out over nothing at all then, cool.

If they wanted/needed more people, they would have given a heads up on the forums, pretending we all should be in discord because "its 2018" and implying if we did things would be better is quite the reach.

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#135 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:27 pm

How many people frequent the forums? How many people frequent the discord? I dont know anyone who frequents the discord who isnt also a regular on the forums, and I know a lot of people who use the forums but never touch the discord.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#136 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:29 pm

bloodi wrote:
peterthepan3 wrote:It wasn't so much a call for testers as it was people being given the chance on Discord to help test, saying 'yes', and then never turning up. Though it was only a fraction of entire server population, I can't help but think it was somewhat representative as a whole.

If they wanted/needed more people, they would have given a heads up on the forums, pretending we all should be in discord because "its 2018" and implying if we did things would be better is quite the reach.
Hey. You guys should all be in Discord.

Thanks.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

peterthepan3

Post#137 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:29 pm

bloodi wrote:

...no. My point was that most of the people who had said they could commit to testing, didn't. Hence why I replied as I did to anarchypark, somewhat tongue-in-cheek.

You're right, bro. I'll desist with the derail. 95% of the community can barely play their class, so it is indeed a reach to suggest, I dunno, logging onto the game's forums or official hangout (Discord) once in a while to see what's happening. Silly me.

Maybe the devs and GMs should send personally tailored mails ingame to each individual character asking them how their day is going, and whether or not they'd be up for testing - reckon that would help at all?
Last edited by peterthepan3 on Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#138 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:30 pm

GodlessCrom wrote:How many people frequent the forums? How many people frequent the discord? I dont know anyone who frequents the discord who isnt also a regular on the forums, and I know a lot of people who use the forums but never touch the discord.
There's different reasons you would use the forums for discussion vs using Discord for discussion. You wouldn't send a text message to someone about the complexities of wot we post in the balance forums. Where short conversational messages and discusssions are more approps for Discord.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
Aurandilaz

Post#139 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:37 pm

Just exactly how were you supposed to become a tester for Gunbad? I don't remember any thread asking for massive amount of volunteers and I can't recall any massive calls for hordes of new testers needed in RoR Discord? What I remember is some/very few people occasionally asking for Heal/Tank in some after-midnight hours to join them for a 2-4 hour PvE session in the middle of night (timezones suck).

Maybe with next content release I might end up in some test party assuming it doesn't require staying up till dawn.

Osred

Post#140 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:56 pm

Literally just be invited by a guy who knows a guy. In seriousness Nork just asked in discord, then a bunch of us were told in game. He did a good job wrangling everyone that god confused mara.
Osri - 40/79 - Runepriest
Osarion 40/82 - Swordmaster
Osgrim 40/74 - Ironbreaker