Ads

Patch Notes 20/1/2018

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
SchismBlacksoul85

Re: Patch Notes 20/1/2018

Post#71 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:13 pm

Hargrim wrote:
SchismBlacksoul85 wrote:Is there a balancing reason for why the stats were removed from the Keg's End pocket item, or was the wailing and crying from those who missed their chance to get one during the event THAT loud that it had to be changed to shut them up? Just curious, seemed like a weird thing to do.
Such items had timers on them on live - currently we don't have timers implemented yet, so we work with what we have, doing this manually.

Also you sound tad whiny with your post.
I'm sorry if you think that was whiny? It really wasn't ... I only ever even bothered to grab one one just one of my lowbies and it was just to get rid of leftover keg coins. Thought it was neat, but nothing to write home about. But DID see a lot of people in Advice and General having literal hissyfits over missing their chance to get one and throwing actual legit tantrums in a public chat. I thought holiday/event items in WAR were like in other MMOs like EQ, WoW, ESO, etc. in that the items just stayed the way they were and next year you get another chance to get 'em. If it'd known the stats were supposed to, by the game's original design, disappear after a set amount of time, I'd never even have commented, LOL.

Was just legitimately concerned that the large amount of people complaining (loudly) about how it wasn't fair they couldn't get one had made you feel like you had to go against game design just to appease them, which happens in a lot of other online games when small niches of player bases cry a lot about something and it gets changed to quiet them. Didn't realize the stats were supposed to leave eventually anyway.

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Post#72 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:24 pm

SchismBlacksoul85 wrote:I'm sorry if you think that was whiny? It really wasn't ... I only ever even bothered to grab one one just one of my lowbies and it was just to get rid of leftover keg coins. Thought it was neat, but nothing to write home about. But DID see a lot of people in Advice and General having literal hissyfits over missing their chance to get one and throwing actual legit tantrums in a public chat. I thought holiday/event items in WAR were like in other MMOs like EQ, WoW, ESO, etc. in that the items just stayed the way they were and next year you get another chance to get 'em. If it'd known the stats were supposed to, by the game's original design, disappear after a set amount of time, I'd never even have commented, LOL.

Was just legitimately concerned that the large amount of people complaining (loudly) about how it wasn't fair they couldn't get one had made you feel like you had to go against game design just to appease them, which happens in a lot of other online games when small niches of player bases cry a lot about something and it gets changed to quiet them. Didn't realize the stats were supposed to leave eventually anyway.
Sure, no problem. Next time just say others this is just event stuff :).

NoRKaLKiLLa

Post#73 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:33 pm

Not included in the patch notes... Choppas tantrum was shadownerfed to expire after twenty seconds instead of running nearly indefinitely.

Inb4 destro losing our minds. I'm maining a choppa right now, and this change is definitely a huge nerf... However, as it was tantrum itself was over performing and it'd be hard to justify bringing it back the way it was. I don't know if anything was shadow buffed in its place, but it was a massive percentage of overall DPS and without it or something to fill the gap choppa is dangerously less viable than the day before.

brutalll02

Post#74 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:40 pm

I doubt anything will get buffed in its place so gg
TUP

zumos2

Post#75 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:07 pm

NoRKaLKiLLa wrote:Not included in the patch notes... Choppas tantrum was shadownerfed to expire after twenty seconds instead of running nearly indefinitely.

Inb4 destro losing our minds. I'm maining a choppa right now, and this change is definitely a huge nerf... However, as it was tantrum itself was over performing and it'd be hard to justify bringing it back the way it was. I don't know if anything was shadow buffed in its place, but it was a massive percentage of overall DPS and without it or something to fill the gap choppa is dangerously less viable than the day before.
Slayer has the same skill so I would assume nerfed in same way.
Zumos - Member of Red Guard

Current Guilds: The Unlikely Plan - Deep and Dry - Dark Omen

SpacestarKid

Post#76 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:19 pm

Torquemadra wrote: Penalised? Nope. If you stop playing that character and you play another in RvR the orignal character you were on will get nothing, why should they?
That's exactly what I asked about. So it's kinda reset of contribution with a new character in the same zone? And that new char have all rights to roll, depending on his contribution from the moment he logged in?
Shogun, Zama, Mashka, Antifreeze, Alcotester

Hargrim
Developer

Post#77 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:25 pm

SpacestarKid wrote:
Torquemadra wrote: Penalised? Nope. If you stop playing that character and you play another in RvR the orignal character you were on will get nothing, why should they?
That's exactly what I asked about. So it's kinda reset of contribution with a new character in the same zone? And that new char have all rights to roll, depending on his contribution from the moment he logged in?
Yes to all.

Osred

Post#78 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:27 pm

So theres a new update function on the launcher as of this afternoon. Is this progress towards the patcher for client control? If so its quite significant.
Osri - 40/79 - Runepriest
Osarion 40/82 - Swordmaster
Osgrim 40/74 - Ironbreaker

Ads
Syko

Post#79 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:44 pm

Except for me it won't work.

MaxHayman
Management

Post#80 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:36 pm