Patch Notes 20/1/2018

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Darosh
Banned

Re: Patch Notes 20/1/2018

Post#21 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:49 pm

Hargrim wrote:
dansari wrote:Unfortunately this will greatly discourage adapting warband comps, but I guess it's the greater of two evils.
Not long ago your contribution wasn't stored even if you crashed. We tried to give benefit of the doubt to playerbase, it turned out how it turned out. Want to adapt? Do so in next zone.
Mhm, the reason for storing contribution on a single count rather than for each character seperately is that it is too costly in terms of resources, I figure.

I highly doubt that this will be the last iteration, so it'll just gonna be a tad more finnicky to go about gearing alts/setting stuff up for sessions. Nothing too bad, considering every character is by default eligble to AAO-powered White Bags.

As to the lingering contribution upon flipping of a zone, does it get wiped like the normal contribution, or can you swap characters upon lock and keep your flip-contribution on the other character, for whenever you play and flip a zone with it next time?

Abbd.:
Play toon A, flip zone, get a good roll but no bag ~ get a bonus in the next zone.
a) Log toon B for next zone; lose bonus on toon A.
b) Log toon B for next zone; get bonus from toon A.
c) Log toon B for next zone; don't get the bonus from toon A, nor lose it on toon A.

Ads
Raggaz

Post#22 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:55 pm

wargrimnir wrote:
Contribution has nothing to do with the RvR flag, so it would still reset other characters if you switch.
Nicejob!

Wam

Post#23 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:57 pm

So chasing AAO (swapping to the underdog(not to zerg) is going to punish organised...

I feel a bit bad for guildies getting top kills and healing alot always getting white bags... putting in extra effort doesn't reward you like it use to do last summer

We turn up to a zone fight hard for awhile (usually have AAO) then by time we finish with the zone the enemy have AAO (if they cant multi zerg us) and we end up with white bag because enemy as either logged off or switched sides

Server stability is more important at the moment though, I know contri and rewards system is mmmm when random lowbies get gear they can't use for 20+ levels... and top zone or dps usually gets white bag ever since the change in reward system, where before getting most kills actually showed but its cool it is how it is, just less user friendly/competitive than it once was.

I remember I gave advice to people to increase their chances of loot by swapping characters to improve their contribution because organised was not rewarded properly... and there was nothing against this approach at the time.

GG if it fixes x realm issue and rewards for organised

Ultimately Server stability is what the majority of people I assume care about the most... since xmas time the servers have become maybe the worse i've personally seen them (I heard stories about how things was in the start in t1 etc) so good luck with this
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

Hargrim
Developer

Post#24 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:21 pm

Darosh wrote: Play toon A, flip zone, get a good roll but no bag ~ get a bonus in the next zone.
c) Log toon B for next zone; don't get the bonus from toon A, nor lose it on toon A.
c)

Hargrim
Developer

Post#25 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:22 pm

Wam wrote:So chasing AAO (swapping to the underdog(not to zerg) is going to punish organised...

I feel a bit bad for guildies getting top kills and healing alot always getting white bags... putting in extra effort doesn't reward you like it use to do last summer

We turn up to a zone fight hard for awhile (usually have AAO) then by time we finish with the zone the enemy have AAO (if they cant multi zerg us) and we end up with white bag because enemy as either logged off or switched sides
[RvR]

Hargrim
- Increased the importance of contribution in current zone for the bonus in next zones

Darosh
Banned

Post#26 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:24 pm

Hargrim wrote:
Darosh wrote: Play toon A, flip zone, get a good roll but no bag ~ get a bonus in the next zone.
c)
Thank you very much for the responses. Knowing that makes it alot easier to manage stuff.
Much luv.

Karl

Post#27 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:25 pm

wargrimnir wrote:[RvR]

Hargrim
- Changing character during RvR session will remove whole contribution from all characters of this player
But, but, but, what are we now gonna blame us wiping on, when there is no or little point x-realming? :)
Just kidding - love the Changes, great work as allways!

K

Hargrim
Developer

Post#28 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:27 pm

Karl wrote:But, but, but, what are we now gonna blame us wiping on, when there is no or little point x-realming? :)
Just kidding - love the Changes, great work as allways!
More will come for the xrealming thingy, just watch :).

Ads
Snoxx

Post#29 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:52 pm

I agree this change was much needed.

A little problem is when you wanna do some crafting or auction house stuff on another char after you played RvR with your main char.

Possible fix: Don't reset the contribution upon login of another char, but wait with reset until the other char actually enters RvR.

ToXoS

Post#30 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:58 pm

Very cool to see the patch notes in the launcher!