Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Britainnicus

Re: Patch Notes 26/01/2018

Post#11 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:22 pm

Spoiler:
meh wrote:
Nirawen wrote:LoL

- Terrible Embrace is now undefendable when used from behind...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

If not, do you intend to do somethings for the WP and WH...not because compared to the mirror class ....
He says himself on the order side that the developers play on the destros :lol: :lol:
I dont even understand this post.

Either way I dont make balance decisions in general, Thats Torque. I did the change on his request.
And to add to that TE is not strength based so its a rather high chance to get disrupted, and it has a cast time...
Sorry but this change makes no sense and I fail to see how this was high up on the priority list. Someone needs to take a step back and look at the state of the server, without bias or ego, and determine the best path forward. And while I'm quite sure the "you aren't a customer" comment is incoming, it would at least help to know what the true endgame is, balance-wise, for the server so if we are misunderstanding, we can refrain from commenting.
We're doing fine, thanks. Make your own server if you want to push Devs around.

Ads
Nameless

Post#12 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:26 pm

Natherul wrote:[General]
Natherul
- Terrible Embrace is now undefendable when used from behind.
what will happened if WH is useing shroud of Magnus while keeping his back toward the pulling mara?
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Penril

Post#13 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:29 pm

Nameless wrote:
Natherul
what will happened if WH is useing shroud of Magnus while keeping his back toward the pulling mara?
The server will explode.

Or, you know, you could just test it and let us know?

gandresch

Post#14 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:32 pm

Spoiler:
Ohh a Marauder Buff, i didnt expected that. well thanks :)

Would be nice if you dont do it so obviously lol
User was warned for this post - Penril

Corseth

Post#15 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:34 pm

Seeing as TE was disrupting over 50% of the time on non dps, and 30-50% of the time on mdps / rdps and scales with intelligence, not strength, and everyone runs deft defender and has disrupt % out the ass. I think its a nice change. --- Smart players will of course simply turn around at the end of the cast to still disrupt it, but it could catch bad players off guard.

Hardly a large buff but at least now puts it closer to WL, since you need to maintain 2 secs of channel and its highly disruptable/interruptable.

Samejima

Post#16 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:14 pm

Corseth wrote:Hardly a large buff but at least now puts it closer to WL, since you need to maintain 2 secs of channel and its highly disruptable/interruptable.
And it's telegraphed quite dramatically in a way that fetch is not, which with the cast time makes it even more punishable and gives more opportunity for counterplay (run out of range, LoS though it doesn't always work.., etc.) Yeah, the lion running toward you could signal an incoming fetch, but it doesn't necessarily--you don't really know if or when it is going to happen, the WL might just be sending pet in to harass, could be pouncing to the target, could switch to a nearby target to fetch...hell, the ability could be on cooldown.

TE is TE, there is no ambiguity.

Of course, the lion can be killed or CC'd (if no Lenonine Frenzy), and the ability itself can be blocked/parried, but generally speaking I find fetch to be quite reliable--I'm caught a little off-guard when it fails; with TE I'm not exactly surprised when it works since it doesn't fail -that- often but it fails enough that I don't -expect- it to work like I do with fetch.

trebla
Banned

Post#17 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:31 pm

This ability change is good as it designed to close the gap from targets who run away. Counter to what most Mara think its not an engagement ability. But serves that purpose aswell. No different then its arch type the WL the Mara now has gap closer that is as effective as charge, UNLIKE the WL who still has pounce for a 3rd closer or disengage.

Thank The Devs for trying to level the playing field.

PS good players will not be bothered by this as the counter is simpley to strafe or turn. :lol: :lol: :(

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#18 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:36 pm

Mara buff is fine. Ability shouldnt be able to be disrupted at all IMO. Should be a parry check but dunno if doable. Also yes undefendable attacks go through Shroud of Magnus: undefendable trumps 100% chance to disrupt
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Ads
Aurandilaz

Post#19 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:50 pm

Nameless wrote:
Natherul
Considering that the mirror of WH SoM, Elixir of Cauldrun on WE gets ignored by BW undefendable Fireballs due to BurnThrough, I'm betting on TE overriding SoM as well.

Anyway, looks interesting. TE was probably in bad state considering it was Int based on a melee class, so now it works a bit more like Fetch does, meaning actually works when opponent cannot defend.

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#20 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:52 am

Torquemadra wrote:
Penril wrote:Spoiler'd myself :P
Spoiler:
Natherul wrote:
The check is on the end of the cast
Suggestion: Make it undefendable if used from behind or from the sides. If it is only from behind and the check is made at the end, it gives your enemy a lot of time to just strafe (assuming he is kiting; in fact if he is kiting he will already be strafing). Besides, TE already has other counters (CC, Taunt, etc.). If your enemy is not kiting, he will never show his back to you in the first place.

Or you could just make the check at the start of the cast, rewarding those Maras who time it correctly (it can still be interrupted with the other tools i mentioned anyway).
or it can all go back to how it was with a keystroke, dont look a gift horse in the mouth because it really didnt have to be buffed.
I don't get the point of comments like this. Penril's feedback makes sense, and he isn't whining, he's offering a constructive comment. Why the backlash?
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!