trebla
Banned

Re: Patch Notes 26/01/2018

Post#21 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:48 am

Spoiler:
Torquemadra wrote:
GodlessCrom wrote:
Torquemadra wrote:
or it can all go back to how it was with a keystroke, dont look a gift horse in the mouth because it really didnt have to be buffed.
I don't get the point of comments like this. Penril's feedback makes sense, and he isn't whining, he's offering a constructive comment. Why the backlash?
Because its asinine, a buff is given, unexpectedly and instead of "cool lets see how it goes" now you want 3/4th of the total area surrounding a player to be undefendable? You really think thats a reasonable proposition given there is no "auto disrupt"? There is NO constructive comment without trying and taking stock and this hadnt happened in anyway shape or form and was nothing but random theorycraft.

When I give out a probably unnecessary buff to see how it goes I dont expect to see "oh yeah and before I have even loaded in my marauder how about tripling its value and the only CHANCE of defending against it is to face head on".

"When I give out a probably unnecessary buff to see how it goes"

That horse is high and might isn't it
That was your last post on the forums. Hope it was good for you.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#22 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:11 pm

Updated OP with a couple notes that were missed during the early patch.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Gatto

Post#23 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:36 pm

Good job guys!
sdk.flm.

"nerf Rock, Paper is fine." -Scissors

Penril

Post#24 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:37 pm

Torquemadra wrote:
GodlessCrom wrote:
Torquemadra wrote:
or it can all go back to how it was with a keystroke, dont look a gift horse in the mouth because it really didnt have to be buffed.
I don't get the point of comments like this. Penril's feedback makes sense, and he isn't whining, he's offering a constructive comment. Why the backlash?
Because its asinine, a buff is given, unexpectedly and instead of "cool lets see how it goes" now you want 3/4th of the total area surrounding a player to be undefendable? You really think thats a reasonable proposition given there is no "auto disrupt"? There is NO constructive comment without trying and taking stock and this hadnt happened in anyway shape or form and was nothing but random theorycraft.

When I give out a probably unnecessary buff to see how it goes I dont expect to see "oh yeah and before I have even loaded in my marauder how about tripling its value and the only CHANCE of defending against it is to face head on".
The only asinine thing around here is you being a lead and in charge of balance. This is a clear example of a player who was bad on live, who always got immediately debunked by better players (live and RoR before he was a lead) and once he got power it became a "i am always right and if you disagree with me i will insult/ban you". It is not only me saying this, but pretty much everyone i have ever talked to, which made my job as balance mod pretty difficult (if not unsufferable at times).

I couldn't care less if you buff or nerf a class, but there are limits to the way you talk to others. You have issues Torque; i really doubt you treat people IRL the same way you do here. Else, you would be getting punched in the mouth on a daily basis.

@Yali/Wagrimm, i thank you for your help and support, obviously after this post i will no longer be around here. Maybe i'll see you in another game in the future.

@Torque: you can go **** yourself.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#25 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:46 pm

Penril wrote:
Torquemadra wrote:
GodlessCrom wrote: I don't get the point of comments like this. Penril's feedback makes sense, and he isn't whining, he's offering a constructive comment. Why the backlash?

The only asinine thing around here is you being a lead and in charge of balance. This is a clear example of a player who was bad on live, who always got immediately debunked by better players (live and RoR before he was a lead) and once he got power it became a "i am always right and if you disagree with me i will insult/ban you". It is not only me saying this, but pretty much everyone i have ever talked to, which made my job as balance mod pretty difficult (if not unsufferable at times).

I couldn't care less if you buff or nerf a class, but there are limits to the way you talk to others. You have issues Torque; i really doubt you treat people IRL the same way you do here. Else, you would be getting punched in the mouth on a daily basis.

@Yali/Wagrimm, i thank you for your help and support, obviously after this post i will no longer be around here. Maybe i'll see you in another game in the future.

This is what I was going to post yesterday after the first volley. There's nothing good that will come from posting on the patch notes day 1, particularly when you have internal avenues to discuss in. That being said, I appreciate what you've done in running the BDF and your input on certain things, but in the end that's just your opinion, and it's not always asked for.
Penril knows full well where to put suggestions regarding abilities.
He also knows full well how we feel about day 0 criticism on changes.

There are a multitude of factors that were discussed before implementing this, and the potential counterplay of not giving your back to a Marauder was brought up and considered acceptable. If you see a tentacle making it's way towards your rear, strafing seems like a good idea.

Fallenkezef

Post#26 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:37 pm

With patch notes on launcher, perhaps it's best to publish the notes locked to avoid these escalations?
Alea iacta est

Brizio

Post#27 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:38 pm

Spoiler:
wargrimnir wrote:
Penril wrote:
Torquemadra wrote:

This is what I was going to post yesterday after the first volley. There's nothing good that will come from posting on the patch notes day 1, particularly when you have internal avenues to discuss in. That being said, I appreciate what you've done in running the BDF and your input on certain things, but in the end that's just your opinion, and it's not always asked for.
Penril knows full well where to put suggestions regarding abilities.
He also knows full well how we feel about day 0 criticism on changes.

There are a multitude of factors that were discussed before implementing this, and the potential counterplay of not giving your back to a Marauder was brought up and considered acceptable. If you see a tentacle making it's way towards your rear, strafing seems like a good idea.
Its not just Pernil opinion, thats pretty much the entire community opinion. Just sayiiing...

Anyway, nice change. Marauder was getting disupted a lot... and it was pretty impossible to pull a healer.

Good stuff, take a week off forums and let me make this perfectly clear, Im not here to empower your prefered metas, Im not here to be liked, Im not here to pander to your asinine desires and you dont get to have a go at staff in our own house - Torque

Garner

Post#28 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:30 pm

Spoiler:
Good post Penril. I agree with you.

Goodbye - Torque

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#29 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:55 pm

Anyone else ready to toss themselves onto the sword? These rules aren't hard to understand and the examples have already been made repeatedly.

Attack a staff member, you're gonna have a bad time. Doing it by proxy of agreeing with an attack seems no different to me.