Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 02/02/2018

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
diedrake

Re: Patch Notes 2/02/2018

Post#101 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:36 am

yes i figured it might be a bug, at least i hope it is :P I am not jumping ship just yet, i give a week normally b4 i make a hard choice of vacation after a major patch like this one.
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

Ads
Koldrim

Post#102 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:02 am

Imho the most annoyng thing is to receive the same piece of armor or item from the bags.... the system can di the possibility ti choose the item or a equal amount of token to buy the item itself, not (for example)a conq chest or 5 conq tokens, the reward is not balanced. The same things for genesis objects.... the risk is to drop the same ....just unify the tokens of jewelry to get the possibility to choose.
You must consider that conq and genesis are the actual endgame ....not the endgame at last.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#103 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:05 am

dansari wrote:
diedrake wrote:not sure if the winners of a zone take are getting exp/rr/inf either, idk though i wasnt on my main when t2 dwarf locked. Didnt see rr gain when i logged back onto him to see if i got a bag from that zone.

if no gain from zone locks sry but very little reason to be in the lakes :/ and scs for me are just a chore so might have to take a vacation from this game :P
Calm down I'm just informing. If it's a bug it'll get fixed. Not like a patch loaded today.
I'm pretty sure I found a math error with the brown bags. There should probably be far less people receiving them. We're looking into it, maybe a hotfix tomorrow when the EU gits start kicking around.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Zaxxond

Post#104 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:09 am

Zaxxond wrote:
dansari wrote:
bloodi wrote:
Well, it used to be instant cast on 3 secs icd (before it got changed to 6 secs icd because of the disrupt changes), arguing that the current version is a buff over the previous one is trying really hard to not say it was nerfed.

Or is anyone really trying to say that is better to have half cast time than instant cast time?
Half cast time every ~3s vs instant cast time every ~6s. Much more of a toss up in terms of efficiency.
It's a slight nerf. You can still cast on the move. BW's will still kill stuff.
Now that I had time to test this change. I was wrong in my assumption that this change was a slight nerf. What wasn't explained in the patch notes is that you lose the buff quite regularly in the following conditions: lose line of site while casting, casting on a target target that dies before you fire off your ability, if you cast and the target runs out of the ability range when initially cast.

This is a huge nerf to the dot spec disrupt/flash fire/burn through build (A spec that wasn't viable due to the disrupt changes)

I'm going to switch up and go single target and drop dot spec all together because this change is the nail in the coffin for dot spec.

If there's any BW's that want to get together to theory craft, feel free to hit me up in game or slide into my DM's in Discord @ Zaxxond

Aceboltz

Post#105 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:33 am

Thank you very much for this patch.

But that unwanted fail BW buff tho... Buff the aoe of the best aoe class please, it's good for the game balance... Changes likes this should go to the balance forums first shouldn't they?

fatbozo

Post#106 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:35 am

This RvR changes make no sense to me for several reasons:
1.) Low level chars can no longer acquire end game items as they level up. Since whole game is single RvR tier, low levels have no choice but to fight full gear level 40s, but they cant get same rewards as them. This basicly means that game punishes low levels... for being low level.
2.) These changes discourage creating new toons for older players, since they will have to invest more time to get gear. You cant alow situation where is to much trouble to start a new character. Constant stream of low level character is important If you wona keep lower Tier active.
3.) And why you can't get level 36 item before 40/41 is beyond me.
4.) "Sniping" T2 and T3 zones when no1 is "looking" will now become a thing. So 1-2 WB could fast take the lower tier zone which could give them good loot. The same loot that one would get from hours of fighting in T4.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#107 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:42 am

Hargrim fixed a bunch of little things with the last round of RvR changes.

Less people getting kicked out of contribution, more actual bags, and mid-tier gets a boost to XP in the lakes.

Updated OP
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Fallenkezef

Post#108 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:26 am

wargrimnir wrote:Hargrim fixed a bunch of little things with the last round of RvR changes.

Less people getting kicked out of contribution, more actual bags, and mid-tier gets a boost to XP in the lakes.

Updated OP
Thankyou, that was my main, pretty much only, criticism of the patch.

Appreciate the efforts to move the game forward.
Alea iacta est

Ads
catholicism198

Post#109 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:51 am

wargrimnir wrote:[Hotfix Notes]
Natherul
- There is a rumor that keep lords have learned a special technique to dispatch those who anger them most.
Eh?????

A punishment for those people resetting the keep lord at 0.000001%?
Tap and run out of range.

Scrilian

Post#110 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:03 am

The conq crest supply is now off the roofs. What previously took a few days now only takes a few hours.
Heck, I made like 70 crests yesterday in Talabec in a couple of hours which previously took me like a week. And you know me, I EXTREMELY LOW SKILLED, aka "11112211" or "no-so-bright-skillzard" - so no last hits here and very little luck.

On the more serious note tho, I'd watch the crest gain rates. Unless of course I had a new after-conqueror set of gear ready to be deployed relatively soon.
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)