Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 02/02/2018

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Scrilian

Re: Patch Notes 02/02/2018

Post#251 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:09 am

Aurandilaz wrote: Yeah, I have a rr60+ BW, and it's still in better state than Sorc so I don't know, maybe if you also lost Wildfire crit potential and Wounds buffs from WP and Crit increasers from SW/Knight, then maybe you would start getting closer down to Sorc levels? Oh, and maybe you want to trade Morals as well, I would love a damage doing Ruin and Destruction on Sorc, you can try our epic WindWovenShell meantime. ;)
And if you hate Flashfire, could also trade that to our "mirror" tactic which is called Manic Obsession (since both tactics are gained at career rank 31...) , but I can tell you that Manic Obsession is so bad I don't ever remember having it on my tactic hotbar.
Sorry, how all of this is relevant? I'm kinda failing to grasp where it's coming from. It's not like you can tell me with a straight face that current proc interaction with it being lost on cast start is normal behavior by any stretch of the imagination.
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)

Ads
Natherul
Former Staff

Post#252 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:19 am

Exot wrote:Can't Deploy standart as Guild Leader.
Correct, you need to be assigned standard which is done from the .standard command.

This is not a patch note topic however...

Scrilian

Post#253 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:31 am

For anyone wondering, by the "proc lost" I mean this interaction

Click here to watch on YouTube
that is usually the outcome of trying to use the nerfed version of Flashfire. It's pretty self-evident, not much I can add here besides that if there's any kind of "hard" terrain, like keep walls or any other significant objects - then you are essentially are running 1 less tactic at this point.
Retired

rmpl

Post#254 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:34 am

Scrilian wrote:For anyone wondering, by the "proc lost" I mean this interaction

that is usually the outcome of trying to use the nerfed version of Flashfire. It's pretty self-evident, not much I can add here besides that if there's any kind of "hard" terrain, like keep walls or any other significant objects - then you are essentially are running 1 less tactic at this point.
To me it looks like you need to stop casting spells while out of range.

Scrilian

Post#255 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:42 am

Funny thing is that I'm not, I can apply 80ft dot easily at that range, but any FF cast would be an automatic self-interrupt. Besides out of range cast should not consume a proc, since there was no actual cast.
I can provide more footage, would probably take me about 20min to find it, cut and upload - in cases of proc vanishing inside keeps and stuff, but it's fairly obvious that you are just here for lulz.
Retired

Aurandilaz

Post#256 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:51 am

Scrilian wrote:For anyone wondering, by the "proc lost" I mean this interaction

target is out of range? why should a 80 feet spell finish launch if target has moved to 90-100 feet? You can try same with other spells, they can start channel/launch when target is in spell range but refuse to complete when target has exited allowed range of spell.
and ofc there is always some server lag included, any rdps has encountered the sad case of target fleeing out of range, but with FF you at least have the awesome ability to move and cast.

sure, it can be annoying that the proc vanishes despite spell not finishing completion, bugs for the buggod or features for the featurethrone.

Scrilian

Post#257 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:01 pm

Aurandilaz wrote: target is out of range? why should a 80 feet spell finish launch if target has moved to 90-100 feet? You can try same with other spells, they can start channel/launch when target is in spell range but refuse to complete when target has exited allowed range of spell.
and ofc there is always some server lag included, any rdps has encountered the sad case of target fleeing out of range, but with FF you at least have the awesome ability to move and cast.

sure, it can be annoying that the proc vanishes despite spell not finishing completion, bugs for the buggod or features for the featurethrone.
Don't be silly, you can clearly see me casting a 80ft Detonate and moving in the same direction as my target - so there's no moving to 100ft involved.
Maybe this is not the best footage for this interaction, just the most recent I've got, there's plenty more of it featuring 100ft spells as well. But it's still not the excuse for the proc to be consumed regardless.
At this point I just want dev confirmation that this is intended behavior or it's a bug - so can be done with it. Maybe I'm asking too much, but there're plenty of people in my alliance, who want to know it as well and aren't as good with English as I am >_<
Retired

Aurandilaz

Post#258 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:10 pm

Detonate greys out for a while because target moves closer to 85 feet or something, then back to 75-80 feet, then client again assume they +80 feet. It's somewhat lag related and client assuming wrong player positions (seen at keep fights with people popping out through walls or over walls). Yeah, probably is a bit buggy for now, but it works well enough when you don't try shooting at targets that are at 70-80feet distance where it becomes more probable for the game to miscalculate player positions when they are moving.

Ads
Scrilian

Post#259 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:21 pm

It only greys out when I tab-target and it takes roughly 0.5 second for the client to check if the target has a Hex on it - the pre-requisite of being able to use Detonate.
Don't try to downplay this, it's not "a bit buggy" - it's borderline broken and unusable, unless you are in like Close Quarter range, where I'd rather use that instead. I don't even recall any other proc that is consumed on cast start, i.e. Clarity available from subj staff works fine with any kind of interruption.
Retired

sogeou

Post#260 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:46 pm

Aurandilaz wrote:
Scrilian wrote:
Sulorie wrote: You complain about a tactic most sorcs would take in an instant.

The annoyance of little stones, where your casts are interrupted is not exclusive to BW. Every caster/rdps has this issue.
I am complaining about poor implementation with proc utterly unreliable to the point of being useless - in the form of being consumed on cast start. I suggest you level a BW and test it for yourself before brushing this issue aside.
Yeah, I have a rr60+ BW, and it's still in better state than Sorc so I don't know, maybe if you also lost Wildfire crit potential and Wounds buffs from WP and Crit increasers from SW/Knight, then maybe you would start getting closer down to Sorc levels? Oh, and maybe you want to trade Morals as well, I would love a damage doing Ruin and Destruction on Sorc, you can try our epic WindWovenShell meantime. ;)
And if you hate Flashfire, could also trade that to our "mirror" tactic which is called Manic Obsession (since both tactics are gained at career rank 31...) , but I can tell you that Manic Obsession is so bad I don't ever remember having it on my tactic hotbar.

With that being said. Manic obsession got nerfed by mythic. It use to be much more and also if you had full warlord before the gear changes it made it like 40% total. I would stack that along with the old CQ = more damage and was getting 5k WOP before that was a norma and before WOP buff.

Just wait for the patcher. I am sure lots of tweaks will be coming.