Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 9/02/18

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
peterthepan3

Re: Patch Notes 9/02/18

Post#51 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:00 pm

Noone is disputing that fun is the most important aspect of the game (any game, really). But the fun sorta dissipates for min-max players if they feel (wrongly or rightly, personally I don't have much to comment on this) their efforts (key word, not time) aren't worth the hassle.

my 2c

Ads
Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#52 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:46 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:Noone is disputing that fun is the most important aspect of the game (any game, really). But the fun sorta dissipates for min-max players if they feel (wrongly or rightly, personally I don't have much to comment on this) their efforts (key word, not time) aren't worth the hassle.

my 2c
I jump on this.

You are talking about game.
What about WORK IN PROGRESS PROJECT ?
Any experience to compare?

Cause obviously, everybody forget (which is a good thing in some way) this project is more at its begining than its end, whatever you could think. According 75%+ of mechanics and content are missing, how ppl are supposed to compare with a commercial and finished game?

(0 offense here)

peterthepan3

Post#53 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:14 pm

Yaliskah wrote:
peterthepan3 wrote:Noone is disputing that fun is the most important aspect of the game (any game, really). But the fun sorta dissipates for min-max players if they feel (wrongly or rightly, personally I don't have much to comment on this) their efforts (key word, not time) aren't worth the hassle.

my 2c
I jump on this.

Cause obviously, everybody forget (which is a good thing in some way) this project is more at its begining than its end, whatever you could think. According 75%+ of mechanics and content are missing, how ppl are supposed to compare with a commercial and finished game?

(0 offense here)
Fully aware the game is in Alpha state, mate, was just replying to Noergl's comment, i.e. that fun is the be-all and end-all.

Darks63

Post#54 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:28 am

Yaliskah wrote:

my 2c
I jump on this.

(0 offense here)
Well your only 25% away from where the original devs were then lol (much love not to be taken as offense).
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

Osred

Post#55 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:33 am

I think the cap should be increased to 4k, seeing how post 40 characters are getting only 1k from these locks. Which is currently the same amount of renown you get passively from skirmishes at BOs (should you still hold them).

I think overall I understand Naths intention behind it though, as the keep win is usually (and i stress usually, not all the time) the guarantor to locking a zone and then receiving the reward shortly after. However doesn't account for times where there's massive fighting and in some occasions where the underdog takes the keep, or even even sides throught hourlong stailemates. Through balls to the wall fighting to tooth and nail. These instances need a bigger reward. These times are where the winners of the keep fight need a good reward to keep going further.

Perhaps adjusting the keep take further, so say if an underdog side takes it, increase its cap.
Osri - 40/79 - Runepriest
Osarion 40/82 - Swordmaster
Osgrim 40/74 - Ironbreaker

Raggaz

Post#56 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:33 am

Alfinnete wrote:I think 2K is not enough. Spending 3, 4 hours for such a value does not encourage people much, since before, when this value was variable with possibility of a great value was what pushed people to the siege.

Its on the ZONE LOCK. Bigger tick is on ZONE LOCK.

Z
O
N
E
LOCK
Hey guys?! Did you hear the contribution is on ZONE LOCK?!
Not KEEP TAKE. We're talking about ZONE LOCK.

TLDR; ZONE LOCK.

SpacestarKid

Post#57 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:24 am

40/60, won a purple for t2 Elf and didn't get it on mail. just informing.
Shogun, Zama, Mashka, Antifreeze, Alcotester

rmpl

Post#58 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:08 am

Raggaz wrote:
Alfinnete wrote:I think 2K is not enough. Spending 3, 4 hours for such a value does not encourage people much, since before, when this value was variable with possibility of a great value was what pushed people to the siege.

Its on the ZONE LOCK. Bigger tick is on ZONE LOCK.

Z
O
N
E
LOCK
Hey guys?! Did you hear the contribution is on ZONE LOCK?!
Not KEEP TAKE. We're talking about ZONE LOCK.

TLDR; ZONE LOCK.
Locks give fk all compared to what they used to, I remember getting 20k from locks back in 2017. Currently farming pug scenarios with a decent duo is a much more effective way to get RR, hell you get more renown from one 5min scenario than a 30min keeptake, which is pretty surprising considering that rvr is the main focus of the game and scenarios are nothing but a minigame.

Does that make the game any less fun? For me, no, I very much prefer scenarios but I can imagine it can be frustrating for someone who prefers orvr.

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Post#59 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:05 am

Maybe you could post in the thread I created about rewards not being what you think they should. With screenshots.

Nirawen

Post#60 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:56 am

When I see this morning the fighting in Badlands and the final rewards .... we could even talk about the open in general ... to do fights on the zone for hours without it being really exciting (a lot of afk BO and frankly we knew better with taking resources to bring to the fort, at least movement etc) and I do not know how and calculate your contribution but looking at the reactions at stake and on the forum you see that there has a problem. We knew better in open is a certainty. We will see what it gives in the weeks to come ... :!: :!: :!:

It is said in the game that the developers and friends play side destro and its practically stuff etc or the nerve of the contributions after having up the classes destros and nerve order is it true ??? :oops: :oops: :oops:

Sorry for my English :) :D