Ads

Patch Notes 9/02/18

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Grunbag
Former Staff

Re: Patch Notes 9/02/18

Post#21 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:10 am

Unstoppable1776 wrote:Can guild banners be planted?

Keep up the great work. I'm excited every Friday to see what the dev team has been working on.
Planting banner is not enabled yet
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Ads
Unstoppable1776
Banned

Post#22 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:13 am

Thanks for the quick reply.

Probably not a chance ever, but when the guild design are working again. Is there any way guild leaders can submit a Symbol/Design to have on their guild banner?

That's probably asking for way to much :P excited for guilds to be a big part of the game again.

forsa

Post#23 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:30 am

wargrimnir wrote:[RvR]

- Boxes and Satchels to convert higher tier currency now have renown requirements appropriate for that currency.
I understand the idea behind - accumulate medals in order to buy high lvl stes, not just break 1 conq and you are good.

BUT!

That technically removes sc 34 weapons from the game and shifts Mercenary set even further to the placeholder role - Officer emblems dont drop bar sc winning quests ( good luck with accumulating even 70 for 1h, not mentioning 340 merc torso+head+shoulders), and by the time you hit 40 rr you dont need sc34 & merc is a nonsense due to BL and Dom.
To a lesser extent this turns in t2 - you get only soldier emblems that you cannot use moving Challenger set to 20,(tbh 20 rr is not that far and can be accumulated in t1).
Instead you float soldier emblems and equip everything when you hit t3.

Can it be reduced for conq emblems to somth like 5 lvls ( for example) 40-> 35 ?

Joshwa70

Post#24 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:27 am

So what is the renown requirement to break a conq. Emblem down to get some mercenary gear?

Gridgendal

Post#25 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:07 am

Since you've gated earning and breaking down emblems/medallions, maybe you could make the gate the same level as the highest level/rr of the gear for the previous tier. So like lvl 36 rr 40 you would start getting conq since you can equip full annihilator at that level. Same with emblems etc. It just makes more sense to me that you should be earning the next tier of currency once your the highest level of the previous tier gear. So you can earn some currency ahead of when you can use it. It wouldn't be that big of a change and would keep the gating so people aren't skipping progression. Just a small quality of life change.

Great patch! You guys are awesome.

alusnova

Post#26 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:03 am

2k for a keep cap? Especially when 3-4 wb are defending it ? You could do a sce and get 2k ...wouldn't this be better if it scales based on defenders ?

2k = 1 wb defending
4k = 2 wb
6k = 3 wb
8k = 4 wb
10k (max) 5+ wb

I'm with others when we have 4 on 4 wb and that keep won't fall for 2k people will not be attempting to take .

NoRKaLKiLLa

Post#27 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:14 am

It's just a cap on taking the keep, there should still be a large renown gain upon zone lock.

zgolec

Post#28 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:44 am

"- Added a cap on rr gain from a lord kill/keep take to 2000"

So now hour or sometimes more sieges will give less rr then 10 min sc....?

SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#29 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:46 am

forsa wrote:
wargrimnir wrote:[RvR]

- Boxes and Satchels to convert higher tier currency now have renown requirements appropriate for that currency.
I understand the idea behind - accumulate medals in order to buy high lvl stes, not just break 1 conq and you are good.

BUT!

That technically removes sc 34 weapons from the game and shifts Mercenary set even further to the placeholder role - Officer emblems dont drop bar sc winning quests ( good luck with accumulating even 70 for 1h, not mentioning 340 merc torso+head+shoulders), and by the time you hit 40 rr you dont need sc34 & merc is a nonsense due to BL and Dom.
To a lesser extent this turns in t2 - you get only soldier emblems that you cannot use moving Challenger set to 20,(tbh 20 rr is not that far and can be accumulated in t1).
Instead you float soldier emblems and equip everything when you hit t3.

Can it be reduced for conq emblems to somth like 5 lvls ( for example) 40-> 35 ?
RR34 scen weapons are largely overshadowed by the T4 epic quest weapons anyway. They haven't been relevant in a very long time.

Renown gating on Boxes/Satchels is aimed at people that ignore keeping their renown rank high while leveling. Hitting RR20 before T2 is fairly easy. Same with the other brackets. It only punishes people that ignore RvR and Scens, as do many of our other similar changes. Even Beastlord gear has a RR requirement on it, so grinding straight to R40 leaves you with limited options.
zgolec wrote:"- Added a cap on rr gain from a lord kill/keep take to 2000"

So now hour or sometimes more sieges will give less rr then 10 min sc....?
This is intended to de-incentivize sitting on a well defended keep beyond the 2k RP threshold and farming attackers. There's only so much bonus you get out of it, so you might consider doing something else to change the outcome of the battle. If an entrenched defender can hold their ground infinitely, one might also assume they can sally forth from the keep and mount an offensive as well.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Fallenkezef

Post#30 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:37 am

It's not a great hardship to keep your RR at least 5 levels above your rank. When I leveled my slayer I was RR39 when I hit rank 35 so merc and anni gear was not an issue.

The rank 34 weapons are a bit useless at this point. I used the rank 34 for 5 ranks till I got the RR39 and considered them a bit of a waste as I my aswell of just stuck with the vendor green renown weapons till the 39.
Alea iacta est