Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 24/03/18

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
HissiCNesS

Re: Patch Notes 24/03/18

Post#171 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:43 pm

So much salt :(... Where did all the sugar go???
Crondar Ravenclaw (MA) / Rennoc Fleshtearer (BG)
Adrovar Warpbender (MG) / Kurgog Gorkamork (BO)

Wigbrand Jaeger (WH) / Lorandriel Moonfang (SW)
Belenos Endovelicus (BW) / Brawlgrim Thunderaxe (SL)

AVENGE THE DEAD, FREE THE ENSLAVED!

Ads
Danord
Suspended

Post#172 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:56 pm

Fallenkezef wrote:
peterthepan3 wrote:
Tesq wrote:

You answer yourself, it is much simplier and more profitable thay way, build all around build mean being less efficent in everything and involve critical choice.
Why should you promote being less efficient? I can see a case being made for most other scenarios, and that you should spec with a jack-of-all-trades approach; but for the group v group scenarios, being less efficient than the enemy team in any respect will always serve to work against you. I've realised I've talked about this far too much, so I will stop and perhaps suggest a poll.

@ Fallzen:

In WoW Arenas and BGs, you can reset your talents - at no cost - during the waiting stage, the reason being that if you are doing competitive PvP, you should be able to reshuffle a few things to better deal with the classes you will be dealing with. Pretty logical and basic, really, and the same should apply for the competitive scenarios here.
I have a surprisng level of respect for you Peter, don't damage that by using wow in any pvp comparative sense
Wow pvp is a hell of alot more competitive than this clusterfuck of zerg rvr..... Not saying its more fun tho.
So how can that lower your respect for Peter, when he is spot on?

footpatrol2

Post#173 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:13 am

Small scale pvp is better balanced in wow because each class is suppose to be relatively on par with each other. That's not the case in this game. This game is WAY MORE group based then wow. Wow celebrates the individual. This game celebrates the team. This game also supports larger team efforts and has mechanic's built in to support this where wow does not. Massive difference.

AlfredWicker

Post#174 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:48 am

New SoR causes stuttering for me >>> /uninstall

Regarding disabling of Anywheretrainer etc.: Then have the mercy do set trainers in *EVERY WC* at last.
It was nuts to run to (and through half) the city on live every level, and so it is here exclamation mark, exclamation mark, eleven,exclamation mark

ashton007

Post#175 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:52 am

wargrimnir wrote:
ashton007 wrote:Maybe its just me, but I cant really imagine how "AnywhereTrainer" wasnt inteded to work ...anywhere.
You mean Mythic couldn't (or didn't bother to) fix a glaring exploit during live to the point that it became so overwhelmingly commonplace that people grew to accept it as intended game implementation?

Pretty obvious it wasn't intended. Trainers wouldn't exist if it were intended. You would just train skills anywhere. Some clever addon dev deconstructed the API, found an exploitable avenue, and did the thing. Didn't make Mythic money to patch it, and I'd bet by the time they figured out how enough people were using it they would have only pissed off more people and caused them to quit, which is the opposite of breathing life into a perpetually dying game.

Luckily we hold no such reservations towards your dirty money and filthy wallets. Fixing things will continue.

Ok this makes sense. I guess i didn't understand how the Add-ons worked.

Sprak

Post#176 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:54 am

Things you can change before or during a fight to better your odds (if you wish to min max).
- Gear
- Tactics
- Play strategy
- Focused targets
- Skill Rotations
- Coordination
- Fight Location (elevation, advantageous positions for rdps, etc.)
- Buffs/enchantments/etc.
- Pots

Being able to completely re-spec mastery/renown, at all times and anywhere (White lion/Squig pet allowed this with anywhere trainer, or any friendly npc) is complete bs. You are basically cheating at this point to always be with advantage over everyone else, like a roided up body builder in an all natural body building competition. Screw the naturals if they play by the intended mechanics/rules of the competition, its their choice not to cheat, right?

With out min maxing for the biggest numbers at all times, its very possible for everyone to put together focused builds/comps that are still efficient but well rounded to handle multiple scenarios. Player skill is what comes in to play to close any gaps left in picture.

I still feel that trainers should be in capitals and no where else. The battlefields are for fighting, not training. Make critical decisions with your build and stick with it, if you don't like how it plays or it doesn't fit your style of play, find something different.

As mentioned before, you are likely going to noticed the gaps in your build/comp and will have to adjust accordingly. But the choices you make come with consequences, and if you want to forgo anything defensive for max dps, don't expect to last long if you can't kill faster than your enemy.

adamthelc

Post#177 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:11 am

Ive always thought this game lacked a dual spec option or something like it. I didnt know you could use AT to respec mastery on the fly, I knew you could use do unspent points.

Anyway while I wouldnt argue that its a bad idea, it is clearly not a qol issue. As the proponents have argued themselves, being able to spec based on your exact composition very directly effects your chances of beating that group.

QoL would be putting the trainers in WCs. Putting them in a scenario allows you to do something you otherwise wouldnt be able to.

I dont think flexibility is a terrible idea, but thats not my decision to make. Like I said I always thought the game could use something like a dual spec.

In any case it doesnt bother me, because I was ignorant to the fact that I could have been doing this. If I knew, I would have been doing it and probably would be bummed.

As a side not I love the way the people behind this game reply to people, even when I totally disagree with them. They do what they think is right and dont put up with the crazy complaining that is usually associated with these games. No joke in other game forums I usually make comments like theirs on developers behalf since they are so PC. Havent ever felt the need here.

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#178 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:11 am

OP updated with hotfix notes

Ads
Palitelj

Post#179 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:41 am

Grunbag wrote:
Palitelj wrote:Good changes with gunbad, it is pretty faster now not so grindy
Good to hear , hope you enjoy dungeons
I do, did one run with randoms and it was nice, later with guild and even better when everyone knows what they are doing :)

Fallenkezef

Post#180 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:20 am

Nice change for the choppa
Alea iacta est