Ads

Patch Notes 31/03/2018

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Akalukz

Re: Patch Notes 31/03/2018

Post#71 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:30 am

Raggaz wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:38 am
Hargrim wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:29 pm But the only change I made was to reduce the amount of resources needed to get from 3 to 4 or from 4 to 5 to the same amount as is needed to go from 2 to 3...?

Its not only the amount of resources needed. Its also the rate of resources lost.
It can take 30+ mins to rank up. And if the necessary number of BOs to maintain resource gain is lost, then the keep deranks very fast in comparison. Like in 30seconds all ranking progress is lost.
That's why i was wondering about the portals, everyone is always yelling about not using portals etc.

@Wargrimnir Thanks for the clarification.
-= Agony =-

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Post#72 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:56 am

Hargrim wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:29 pm But the only change I made was to reduce the amount of resources needed to get from 3 to 4 or from 4 to 5 to the same amount as is needed to go from 2 to 3...?

Its not only the amount of resources needed. Its also the rate of resources lost.
It can take 30+ mins to rank up. And if the necessary number of BOs to maintain resource gain is lost, then the keep deranks very fast in comparison. Like in 30seconds all ranking progress is lost.

The idea is that you need to CONTROL WITHOUT INTERRUPTION the BOs and the reward for that is keep rank and eventually lock at Rank 5. If you don't control the BOs there is no progress for you.

Raggaz

Post#73 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:09 am

Hargrim wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:56 am

The idea is that you need to CONTROL WITHOUT INTERRUPTION the BOs and the reward for that is keep rank and eventually lock at Rank 5. If you don't control the BOs there is no progress for you.

That just supports zerg cuz the only way it can happen is with every BO held. That will not happen, ever.
The only way a keep is ranked now is with a greater number of people. Sitting on all BOs with no enemy interaction for 30+ mins per rank is not fun.
Not to mention RR/xp doesnt occur past R3.

A ram shouldnt spawn at R1 it should be atleast R2. No one bothers with BOs anymore, unless they have the numbers.
BOs are an after thought. In lower population times they are ignored 100% and its just a gank fest.
Losing all progress when youre not holding enough BOs, when youve been idle on them for an hour, makes no sense.
BOs have lost all meaning and purpose, unless you have the majority of players.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#74 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:56 am

Raggaz wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:09 am A ram shouldnt spawn at R1 it should be atleast R2. No one bothers with BOs anymore, unless they have the numbers.
BOs are an after thought. In lower population times they are ignored 100% and its just a gank fest.
Losing all progress when youre not holding enough BOs, when youve been idle on them for an hour, makes no sense.
Giving renown or forcing the players to rank the realm are not the only ways BOs can be useful. Prepare for BOs healing lord of realm controling them :).

Raggaz

Post#75 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:59 am

Hargrim wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:56 am
Raggaz wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:09 am A ram shouldnt spawn at R1 it should be atleast R2. No one bothers with BOs anymore, unless they have the numbers.
Giving renown or forcing the players to rank the realm are not the only ways BOs can be useful. Prepare for BOs healing lord of realm controling them :).

Ya I see your changes!
BOs/keep ranks have a lot to due with RvR and it needs some adjusting, IMO.
Not trying to sound like a critical ass, But I probably am

Vayra

Post#76 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:08 am

Hargrim wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:56 am
Interesting, but that would necessitate a health reduction of 80-90% or keep lord fights would take hours. But I like that idea.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

Hargrim
Developer

Post#77 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:19 am

Well, if you get rid of presumption that BOs are not needed than it won't take hours.

Also, when the new lord mechanics are released the resets won't happen that much. I think.

Vayra

Post#78 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:26 am

Hargrim wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:19 am Well, if you get rid of presumption that BOs are not needed than it won't take hours.

Also, when the new lord mechanics are released the resets won't happen that much. I think.
True, I was more thinking that even outnumbered a faction can take 2 BOs if they ignore keep. and with current lord health that could add a significant amount of time to the lord fight even with no resets. In a zone with fairly even pop the defending side could easily hold 3-4 BOs since the attakers need to dedicate a lot to the lord fight. And if the healing is significant that could make the lord effectively unkillable.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Post#79 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:05 am

I feel 2 BOs should increase kill time and 3 BOs should outheal any DPS you do to the lord.

Vayra

Post#80 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:27 am

Hargrim wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:05 am I feel 2 BOs should increase kill time and 3 BOs should outheal any DPS you do to the lord.
That's fair, but then the lord still needs a pretty decent health reduction. I'd also suggest having to hold the BO for a certain amount of time before getting the benefit (30s-1m) so that there is some time to react before all your damage is undone.

May also just be me, but I feel like the main thing defending a keep should be players, not a super tough keep lord. If you wipe the defenders they shouldn't have more than once chance to get back and wipe the attackers.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG