Ads

Patch Notes 31/03/2018

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
catholicism198

Re: Patch Notes 31/03/2018

Post#21 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:07 am

roadkillrobin wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:41 am
They allready have charge so I don't really understand the practical functionallity of this tbh. But I can see it being used as a anti kiting tool for small scale however.
Magus can still Rift from mounted runspeed and AoE kd on the spot, something Choppa can't do, swell as GTDC is VERY easy to interupt, so I doubt it change anything for structured warband play.

AoE dps output general take place in static spots as casters and healers can't move around alot when burst damaging and grouphealing. Assisting the other dps is key when AoE bombing so you have faster runspeed then rest of group is kinda irrelevant. Also Choppa need to AoE dps increase in one way or another to even have a warband spot. CC utillity is allready covered by other classes tbh.
Charge cancels when you use an ability- so it's not quite the same.

I agree that it's not going to change anything at a WB-level, it can't pull as many enemies as Rift nor does it have the range- but it is fun to use.....It's just another one of those abilities that Mythic added because it "looks cool" but doesn't serve much of a purpose.

So far the speed boost has really only been helpful when it comes to pulling the stragglers- or as a third flee.

Did it always grant Immovable? ...before the buffs.

Ads
roadkillrobin

Post#22 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:39 am

catholicism198 wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:07 am
roadkillrobin wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:41 am
They allready have charge so I don't really understand the practical functionallity of this tbh. But I can see it being used as a anti kiting tool for small scale however.
Magus can still Rift from mounted runspeed and AoE kd on the spot, something Choppa can't do, swell as GTDC is VERY easy to interupt, so I doubt it change anything for structured warband play.

AoE dps output general take place in static spots as casters and healers can't move around alot when burst damaging and grouphealing. Assisting the other dps is key when AoE bombing so you have faster runspeed then rest of group is kinda irrelevant. Also Choppa need to AoE dps increase in one way or another to even have a warband spot. CC utillity is allready covered by other classes tbh.
Charge cancels when you use an ability- so it's not quite the same.

I agree that it's not going to change anything at a WB-level, it can't pull as many enemies as Rift nor does it have the range- but it is fun to use.....It's just another one of those abilities that Mythic added because it "looks cool" but doesn't serve much of a purpose.

So far the speed boost has really only been helpful when it comes to pulling the stragglers- or as a third flee.

Did it always grant Immovable? ...before the buffs.
It always granted immunity. But it used to gain much better contribution from stats.

The entire Wrecka Tree was designed pre AoE nerf on live and took the biggest hit of all classes and didn't get ANY compromize like the casters did. For example Close Quaters was changed from dealing 25% more damage when close and 20% less when far away to 50% reduction in cast times when close and that is compromize and actually increase dps on some skills. Magus/Engie/SW/SH got to keep a nerfed version of old CQ aswell gained the new one, also a compromize.

The mdps classes saw the moast efficiancy reduction but Slayers was allready extremly strong and Mara got a massive boost later on. Choppa on the other hand have seen nothing but nerfs. Later with the iniative debuff removed from Waz dat yer Finger and the trend has continued on RoR with the Chop Fasta interaction with Infernal Wave being shut down.

dansari

Post#23 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:46 am

Will the patch notes title color be changed to the corresponding color representation of the staff member who created the thread going forward? Is that in the deck of changes coming with the forum update?
<Salt Factory>

daniilpb

Post#24 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:03 am

The first thing came to my mind after Image buffs:
Now you don’t need to wait for Choppa to come to you and let you kill him. Choppa delivers you to renown dinner much faster.
<Fusion>
Riphael - Black Guard.
Meridin - Sorcerer.
<FusionII>
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Arfi - Swordmaster.
Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage

Vayra

Post#25 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:41 am

Nice update.

Any change you could take a look at reverting the change to make defense checks on each dot tick? It's honestly quite stupid that once you actually manage to apply a dot it can end up doing 0 damage due to disrupt/dodge.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

ToXoS

Post#26 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:48 am

I always was interested into playing a Loner WL, and this no-cooldown on pounce sounds great, but the Loner build is still lacking so much compared to a classical with-pet build.
Particularly the +50% crit damage bonus tied to the pet. Without it, it sounds still pretty meh.
I'm not playing WL a lot tho, so maybe I'm wrong.

Tesq

Post#27 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:00 am

ToXoS wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:48 am I always was interested into playing a Loner WL, and this no-cooldown on pounce sounds great, but the Loner build is still lacking so much compared to a classical with-pet build.
Particularly the +50% crit damage bonus tied to the pet. Without it, it sounds still pretty meh.
About this , can ppl test this dismiss pet part and the tactic which give 50% dmg stuff when wl die...

Feel like it could be an op unintentional thing....i dont own one so i cant test it myself.

Aurandilaz

Post#28 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:03 am

Looking nice, a few more buffs to Choppa and they might eventually even be worthy of a WB slot. :D

Ads
ToXoS

Post#29 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:05 am

Tesq wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:00 am
ToXoS wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:48 am I always was interested into playing a Loner WL, and this no-cooldown on pounce sounds great, but the Loner build is still lacking so much compared to a classical with-pet build.
About this , can ppl test this dismiss pet part and the tactic which give 50% dmg stuff when wl die...

Feel like it could be an op unintentional thing....i dont own one so i cant test it myself.
Revenge! needs the pet to be killed, and it's not possible to summon the pet while Loner is slotted.

Tesq

Post#30 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:24 am

ToXoS wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:05 am
Tesq wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:00 am

Revenge! needs the pet to be killed, and it's not possible to summon the pet while Loner is slotted.
In patchnote say, if you try to summon it will be dismiss ......so who know if ppl could try