Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Akilinus

Re: Patch Notes 20/4/2018

Post#81 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:00 pm

perche wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:55 am
Akilinus wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:48 am
perche wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:42 am

most players seek effort = profit, not lottery play
Has there not always been some sort of lottery play in pve? From the games I have played ive never seen bosses drop gear for everyone after each kill. And keep in mind that the drop rate is made for 24 ppl
In the original game, you got 2 pieces for each boss for 6 people here you get 2 bags for 24 with no option to go getting tokens in the other bags
Should let the devs fine tune everything until they are happy with the pq before giving out too much gear
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman

Ads
kryss

Post#82 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:13 pm

Hargrim wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:23 am (Most) Players don't want variety, players want BiS with least effort possible.
I'm all in for variety, even though we must admit that 80% of the server population is made of soloers/pug players/casuals/people in small guilds/people who don't want to group up, but do their 1-2 hours and logoff happily instead. Organized PvP is diffcult here, organized PvE is even more difficult since people have to use little brain to achieve something, and regularly fail to do so.
Yesterday I went to the Ons PQ, we tried it twice, got the general idea of what we had to to, then people simply logoff or went away.

1) So, welcome Onslaught set, even though I don't see it to become very popular. I don't have the numbers, but i guess Gunbad is pretty much the same as far as the casual population goes.

2) Please devs, don't forget about PvP rewards, cause people are here for PvP AND get something (not all, not immediately) while doing it. Also, I think the BiS equipment should come from it (being a mixture of RvR and SCs) and I hope you feel the same

As for this patch, well done

peterthepan3

Post#83 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:19 pm

kryss wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:13 pm

I'm all in for variety, even though we must admit that 80% of the server population is made of soloers/pug players/casuals/people in small guilds/people who don't want to group up, but do their 1-2 hours and logoff happily instead.
Never understood why that should be cause for watering down everything and facilitating to the least-amount-of-work/maximum-reward playstyle such players desire so much.

People not doing Gunbad is their prerogative. When wards come into play, players will be forced to do Gunbad if they wish to do the other dungeons. My advice is to get into the habit of grouping up for Onslaught/Gunbad - yes, even if you only have 3.5463636 seconds to play a year - so as to acclimatize yourselves for endgame content.

kryss

Post#84 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:21 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:19 pm

I'm all in for variety, even though we must admit that 80% of the server population is made of soloers/pug players/casuals/people in small guilds/people who don't want to group up, but do their 1-2 hours and logoff happily instead.
Never understood why that should be cause for watering down everything and facilitating to the least-amount-of-work/maximum-reward playstyle such players desire so much.
I didn't say that. It could take 2x effort and time to get a conq piece, and people would still prefer RvRing and get a chance of getting pieces eventually than embark in PvE. It's simple as that

kryss

Post#85 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:24 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:19 pm

People not doing Gunbad is their prerogative. When wards come into play, players will be forced to do Gunbad if they wish to do the other dungeons. My advice is to get into the habit of grouping up for Onslaught/Gunbad - yes, even if you only have 3.5463636 seconds to play a year - so as to acclimatize yourselves for endgame content.
When wards will come into play, people won't change their habits even if you want them to do so. Happened for Gunbad, and I think it will happen for onslaught as well. And i REALLY hope that endgame content won't be some Lost Vale or LOTD PvE.

perche

Post#86 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:43 pm

in live the original endgame was a pve dungeon again karl franz or charmander, not the fake wb vs wb of future patchs.
Perche choppa rr100 RIp
Dizparate squid rr100 Rip

Bayoneta vonsodomiten Dok
Froilan Borbon engi nerfed in last 2 patch.

kryss

Post#87 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:53 pm

I did my chunk of LV too back in the days, I was a lot younger but I did it only to get some equipment I needed (pistol and rapier with crit, for my WH). And It was enough. I hated lotd viscerally and basically quit shortly after it was introduced. People werte flipping zones just to get into that, and then after getting rekt the opposing force respawned out and had no one to RvR with because every enemy was inside. This is no fun, and i hope it never happens here. A mix of PvP and final stage of siege with PvE? alright, I can manage. A lot of PvE with even tougher wards (if i remember correctly, on live if you had invader you were good for lost vale too)? no thanks, if I really wanted quality PvE I'd go back to WoW. Anyway, their server, their rules, and people are free to come and leave as they please too.

Trekman

Post#88 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:41 pm

Was the intention of the game to once again bring out a set lower than what we already have and make the PQ as hard as all hell to complete? Very disappointed waited for this set to come out and I thought you would tweak it so it's either better or at least par with conqueror but you need better gear to complete this PQ then the reward that is given.

Ads
Rydiak

Post#89 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:42 pm

I like the idea behind the BO changes. It keeps people PvPing over BOs even while a Lord is being attacked whereas previously once a keep's doors were down the attackers became strictly PvE unless the defenders had enough to mount a counter-push into the keep.

I haven't tried RvR since the hotfix changed the BO bonus numbers, but I am convinced that simple number tuning (either the base values of the Lord or the BO bonuses) is all it will take to make this a very successful addition to RvR. I'd personally like to see the Lord be weak and the BOs give big bonuses as opposed to the Lord be strong and the BOs give weak bonuses. More focus on BOs/PvP, less focus on Lord/PvE.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#90 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:45 pm

Onslaught will be probably the only raid PvE set . Like every single new set we introduce , the first weeks are horrible because everyone is trying at the same time and zerg bosses . I am sure that later you'll be able to form a warband and get your onslaught with your guild mate .

We don't force anyone to play PvE if they don't want to , you are advised that we will add wards to next dungeons , so you better run gunbad if you want bloodlord, dark promised, tyrant or any other dungeon set .
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer