Patch Notes 20/4/2018

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
GodlessCrom
Suspended

Re: Patch Notes 20/4/2018

Post#151 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:11 pm

Torquemadra wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:01 pm
GodlessCrom wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:56 pm I would call the knockdown move to 13 points a nerf. But I dont really play SM so not my problem.

Curious as to how you define "getting everything you want for minimum investment" as BG. Investing heavily into two trees and requiring rr70 is hardly "minimal investment." But again, I dont really play BG so not my problem.

My point was that simply because two classes got nerfed does not mean a third one should be. Especially when there is no proof other than "well what I like to play is worse now, so what other people like to play should also be worse."
It was moved to its correct place, and before you could get everything on BG very easily and again, both classes are stronger than on live and take a guess at how interested I am in random whines of people clamouring for nerfs to other classes in a fit of pique regarding their own.
BG could objectively not get everything in one build before. Could get all the 2h dps stuff, and then the parry buff, toughness buff, and aoe snare, but that requires rr70 and you miss out on immunity to detaunts, heal debuff, AP feed, self heal, and so on.

Perhaps the Loathing tactics were set too low, but you can still get them all with rr70. Was the aoe snare judged to be too much with the parry and toughness?

The class has a lot of utility which could not all be accessed in one build. Have to commit heavy to Malice for all the 2h goodies, and then invest all points into one of the other two trees for their goodies, choosing whether you want personal tankiness, or group utility. Even then, requires max rr (which again, few players on the server have) to achieve. Sounds like kind of the ideal balance between options.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Ads
kolrhil

Post#152 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:16 pm

Torquemadra wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:06 pm
kolrhil wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:03 pm
Torquemadra wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:50 pm

SM hasnt been nerfed, they got buffed and realigned, as it stands now they are in a better place than on live. As per BG realignment, you dont get everything you want for minimal investment.
Hi and thanks again for all you've done and all you're doing
I don't agree with the SM'S buff , how could they have been buffed when crashing wave has been swiched with crushing advance?
I mean crashing wave is much better than crushing advance , and can be played with 2H.
I have tested redirected force , it doesn't seem to do much damge , i mean not enough to spend 1 mastery point.

I'm maybe wrong , but i don't really see the point of Vaul tree ...like before. It's not tanky , doesn't hit really hard and don't have many tools. I don't really see why a group would take a SM rather than an IB or an KOBS
What do you think about it?
Crashing wave was a 13 point ability on live, it is again here and given no changes were made to IB or KOTBS they have no bearing being discussed in these patch notes.
It's not about whining , i will keep on playing no matter what. Just talking
But i still don't get why the SM has been buffed .
Which builds do you have in mind with that changes?

alusnova

Post#153 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:19 pm

Natherul wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:07 pm
alusnova wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:57 pm I logged in today and Pounce is not working at all for me, I'm within range and the character attempts to jump and I get the speed buff but that's it.

Also hearing declare anathema and the shadow warrior are not jumping either.
Its not supposed to allow you to pounce or self punt while in air, I was however slightly overzealous and it has been adjusted with the next hotfix/patch. Right now if you get punted you will not be able to pounce again as it gets stuck.
Yeah I got that it's not supposed to work while in air, I'm however grounded and not working so I'm assuming is bugged. Is there an ETA on a hotfix?

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#154 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:29 pm

alusnova wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:19 pm
alusnova wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:57 pm I logged in today and Pounce is not working at all for me, I'm within range and the character attempts to jump and I get the speed buff but that's it.

Also hearing declare anathema and the shadow warrior are not jumping either.
Its not supposed to allow you to pounce or self punt while in air, I was however slightly overzealous and it has been adjusted with the next hotfix/patch. Right now if you get punted you will not be able to pounce again as it gets stuck.
Yeah I got that it's not supposed to work while in air, I'm however grounded and not working so I'm assuming is bugged. Is there an ETA on a hotfix?
There is no ETA ever, but there is a fix thats been added into the repo

altharion1
Banned

Post#155 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:42 pm

Torquemadra wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:01 pm
GodlessCrom wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:56 pm I would call the knockdown move to 13 points a nerf. But I dont really play SM so not my problem.

Curious as to how you define "getting everything you want for minimum investment" as BG. Investing heavily into two trees and requiring rr70 is hardly "minimal investment." But again, I dont really play BG so not my problem.

My point was that simply because two classes got nerfed does not mean a third one should be. Especially when there is no proof other than "well what I like to play is worse now, so what other people like to play should also be worse."
It was moved to its correct place, and before you could get everything on BG very easily and again, both classes are stronger than on live and take a guess at how interested I am in random whines of people clamouring for nerfs to other classes in a fit of pique regarding their own.
By random whines I assume you mean me.

As I have said before the rising levels of wounds, resistances and reduced chance to be crit means that blurring shock and the damage tactics are set to only reduce in potency and effectiveness, as they do not scale well with strength and weapon DPS. Assist damage is all the SM can bring, once it is no longer effective at this - its a dead class.

Look at a side by side comparison of the IB, SM and KOTBS. Both IB and Kotbs are able to spec multiple useful tactics and abilities (tactics and abilities that actually influence the outcome of fights) all in the same spec. The SM literally has 3 useful abilities, and they are all at the 13th spot. The SM has no place in any group unless is it is pumping out high levels of assist DPS, at is doesnt possess the CC/utility of the other tank options. The SM just has no way of meaningfully impacting a fight, with any sort of potent or interesting abilities. Every other tank has what the SM can bring, but with more on top.

Even the Devs on live knew the SM was gimped, as shown by the proposed changes that never made it to live.
WL Althii
SM Althirion
DoK Milkmilk
BO Sizematters

Youtube Vids

footpatrol2

Post#156 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:59 pm

Crashing Wave never was 9 point on AoR. When Azereal was project lead he moved the knockdown to 9 point roughly a year or two ago. The RoR community got used to CW being 9 point. Torque just reverted the change. You should feel lucky you got to play with CW at 9 point for so long.

kolrhil

Post#157 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:14 pm

footpatrol2 wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:59 pm Crashing Wave never was 9 point on AoR. When Azereal was project lead he moved the knockdown to 9 point roughly a year or two ago. The RoR community got used to CW being 9 point. Torque just reverted the change that probably should have never happened. You should feel lucky you got to play with CW at 9 point for so long.
It"s back like it was before.
It's probably my last post , i don't want to troll this thread.
I've been playing SM since 2008 , i've played it and played it no matter what. But it had always been a broken class, at the end we had some discussions with the last dev that wanted to make some changes because SM was gimped...Sadly it never happened (war shutted down before) .

I'm just asking what is the big picture? What does the SM can bring that the others don't?
Not much : nature's blade ,buff cooldown , some DPS assist (but IB can do it too)...

I'm sure there are not a lot of changes to make , but when you compare with other tanks , it hurts a little :p

Mystry
Suspended

Post#158 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:44 pm

kolrhil wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:14 pm What does the SM can bring that the others don't?
Not much : nature's blade ,buff cooldown , some DPS assist (but IB can do it too)...
Heavy spirit debuff, AOE punt, -20% damage debuff on enemy DPS (in addition to things like taunt and guard), a +50% cast time debuff which screws over both sorc and some healers (nerf zealot pls), and a ~800 damage absorb that affects the entire party and is castable every few seconds. This on top of the ability to reach nearly MDPS levels of damage. Nearly all of which completely bypasses the armor meta.

Plus the usual tank stuff like guard, taunt, challenge ect.

SM has some problems, and I certainly think that KoTBS is overall better, but I would not call it a dead class.

Ads
alusnova

Post#159 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:28 pm

Natherul wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:29 pm
alusnova wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:19 pm

There is no ETA ever, but there is a fix thats been added into the repo
Ok thanks for the response , guess we just have to wait til it gets fixed .

anarchypark

Post#160 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:25 am

9pt skill was way better than 13pt.
you can't deny it.

SM is not that useless class.
look at the skill tree. full of useful skills.
you have to choose which path to go.
can't have them all, simple as that.

I ditched CW cuz there are too many good stuffs to choose.
I may use CW again and change the build.
since I'm 2h vaul tank from lvl1, it hurts but shieldmasters got buff.
more varieties, isn't it nice?

CW's perfect stance anyway. spam more ED. and check what other perfect stance skills do while ED's on CD.
you'll be surprised.

BG are same. can't have them all.
plz don't compare them with knight/chosen.
you know how broken they are.

we can discuss more if other "tanks" open new thread.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)