Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
anarchypark

Re: Patch Notes 28/04/2018

Post#51 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:42 pm

AxelF wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:22 pm
Spoiler:
anarchypark wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:50 pm
AxelF wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:10 pm I'm not having a go, but it's exactly responses like that that lead to the comments in Shadowlands this morning when it became apparent that the Lord was unkillable even with destro holding 4 BOs in response to people telling other people to post feedback on the forums of 'why what's the point?' 'all you get is shitty sarcastic responses' 'and get accused of whining'....

The basic assumption seems to be that everyone playing the game is lying - just log in to and play your game and you can see exactly how it's performing. I won't waste my time trying to help further.
He might be at work. or busy with other stuff.
can you login whenever someone demands in 24hour?

your suggestion looks reasonable.
why waste opportunity to achieve your goal with unreasonable thinking?
RvR stress i guess ;)
It's strange most ppl don't like endless war in war game.
anyway, time to learn recording tool for me.
Its the fact that every reasonable suggestion is ignored and replied to with accusations of lying or whining. As you said it was a reasonable suggestion - basic project management, but hey.
'looks reasonable' that's just my opinion.
who have any experience of game project are devs.
it's their call to see it as reasonable or not.
you and i agree on a thing means little.
have you considered how many bags will be released during process of finding sweet spot?
who cares? devs should.

i think community are giving too much values to their own opinions themselves. ( not pointing anyone )
unless you were in game industry, accept they have more knowledge than any of us.
it'll chill you out and enjoy the war.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Ads
Ravai

Post#52 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:53 pm

The problem with the current couple of systems and this one in particular Hargrim and I'm not slating your work with regards to modifying pvp content, definitely all for that! but hitting a keep lord for 30 mins is not fun in the slightest, to those that actually do this then hats off, but its mind numbingly boring for both sides. The flip side of this is that in a way there has to be a barrier like a "raid boss" keep lord to avoid one side flipping zones within 5 minutes and I think a majority of us grasp this so I do understand your constant need to keep it relatively difficult to counter this.

Maybe I'm alone here but the resource system a few months back had potential, it definitely gave pvp more of a flow through the zones as apposed to centered around the keep in tank walls and afk on bos/ lord smashing for 30mins.

You could potentially incorporate this idea into a way to make the lord fight more fun, building on your idea of the lord being affected and buffed by battle objectives and resets you could instead have each objective hold a resource when both keep doors have been destroyed, players have to then bring these resources back to the enemy keep and this resource would make the lord weaker when a player who holds it is close to the lord.

Also players who hold a resource should be flagged for everybody to see, if these players are killed the lord gains 10% hp? and the resource is reset to its battle objective or dropped somewhere nearby? This adds the element of protecting the players who hold a resource.

just an idea, I'm no coder so haven't a clue if this is something that's feasible but any change that makes pvp more mobile and less static/afk on objectives or semi afk on keep lords would improve orvr hugely right now.

This aside good to see your making improvements to pvp again, this game missed Azarael for this even if some ideas didn't work it made orvr fun and fresh
Last edited by Ravai on Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gitrate - Rysto - Nuclearpotato - Tato - Billsmith - Avgor - Svarz - Svz - Dug - Mrglass - Ravz - Ripgor

Hargrim
Developer

Post#53 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:07 pm

AxelF wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:35 pm So I make a post saying 'I appreciate this is difficult and we understand what you're trying do, but something is obviously going wrong atm. Have you considered maybe this sensible alternative approach that would avoid breaking the core game mechanic?'

Then the response is just 'prove its not working'. If every suggestion and piece of feedback is met with hostility then do you really expect people to provide feedback?

Can you quote where it was said? Because it wasn't and you are taking stuff from some very very dark place...

Hargrim
Developer

Post#54 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:14 pm

Ravai wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:53 pm The problem with the current couple of systems and this one in particular Hargrim and I'm not slating your work with regards to modifying pvp content, definitely all for that! but hitting a keep lord for 30 mins is not fun in the slightest, to those that actually do this then hats off, but its mind numbingly boring for both sides. The flip side of this is that in a way there has to be a barrier like a "raid boss" keep lord to avoid one side flipping zones within 5 minutes and I think a majority of us understand this so I do understand your constant need to keep it relatively difficult to counter this.

Maybe I'm alone here but the resource system a few months back had potential, it definitely gave pvp more of a flow through the zones as apposed to centered around the keep in tank walls and afk on bos/ lord smashing for 30mins.

You could potentially incorporate this idea into a way to make the lord fight more fun, building on your idea of the lord being affected and buffed by battle objectives and resets you could instead have each objective hold a resource when both keep doors have been destroyed, players have to then bring these resources back to the enemy keep and this resource would make the lord weaker when a player who holds it is close to the lord.

Also players who hold a resource should be flagged for everybody to see, if these players are killed the lord gains 10% hp? and the resource is reset to its battle objective or dropped somewhere nearby? This adds the element of protecting the players who hold a resource.

just an idea, I'm no coder so haven't a clue if this is something that's feasible but any change that makes pvp more mobile and less static/afk on objectives or semi afk on keep lords would improve orvr hugely right now.

This aside good to see your making improvements to pvp again, this game missed Azarael for this even if some ideas didn't work it made orvr fun and fresh

This is complex system that would require finetuning and adjustments and new ways of fixing the player attitude to get what we want. And would take another several months to develop, implement, fix and adjust. I'm just not willing to do that, because I find current system as 'good enough' with just minor adjustments to the length of keep lord fight and importance of BOs. We are now during trial and error phase for this. After that resources will start to drop from players and from my PoV it's time to move on instead of implementing 4th version of RvR that will be warped again and again.

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#55 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:45 pm

To make it clear to people, the point behind the change is to split the zerg and also making sure its not fliphammer.

Having all warbands collecting on the keep makes for some rather uninteresting fights, especially if the numbers are not even.

Rydiak

Post#56 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:09 pm

I personally love the idea of keeping BOs relevant when the Lord is under attack. What is the current heal % per BO now since the most recent hotfix? The heal % still seems slightly too high, but not by much.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

Hargrim
Developer

Post#57 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:16 pm

The numbers doesn't need to be known to the playerbase at this time :).

Rackiera

Post#58 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:53 pm

@Hargrim, As you know I have been posting feedback as has been quoted in Warband, region chat, and fighting Lord, without comment on the rights or wrongs.

Be the facts right or wrong its genuinely how many people feel, most of whom do not post.

What is done if anything is of course entirely your and the other Devs decision.

Ads
Odaop

Post#59 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:29 pm

62 des - 43 order in dragonwake, bo sitting(pretty boring gameplay) only getting 45exp, is this normal?

Rackiera

Post#60 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:39 pm

Right now - Dragonwake ,110 destroy 67 Order, Destro hold all BO and not attacking lord, pushing order back to WC