Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 5/5/2018

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Glorian

Re: Patch Notes 5/5/2018

Post#31 » Sat May 05, 2018 7:02 pm

Aurandilaz wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 6:48 pm Group HoT and group heal did heal pets on live.
Proof would be good.

Ads
Aurandilaz

Post#32 » Sat May 05, 2018 7:42 pm

Glorian wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 7:02 pm
Aurandilaz wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 6:48 pm Group HoT and group heal did heal pets on live.
Proof would be good.
my DoK grouphealing magus pet:
Spoiler:
my DoK grouphealing squig pet:
Spoiler:
It's group HOT, group heal did same. Maybe some other WP/DOK can find ancient screenshots of ghot and gheal healing pets as well, sadly don't have screenshots of me standing under oil and AOE channel healing all the magus and squig pets that were around, but pretty sure they also were taking some of that juicy aoe healing.

Aldmhac

Post#33 » Sat May 05, 2018 9:05 pm

Thank you for your hard work!
-Andrew

Glorian

Post#34 » Sat May 05, 2018 9:31 pm

Torquemadra wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 8:45 pm What occured in part of WARs 5 year tenure is not what happened in other parts and its not like they didnt have their own bugs

Fact is they are still not part of the team, its an extension of a player and their responsibility. Disposable pets are disposable, Lions have survivability tools from the player and separate player augmentation should be able to be removed as a strategy choice without mindless aoe heal spam.

Call it what you will, developer choice, here to stay.
Good, so no correction then but a dev decision to nerf pet classes on ror.

This is no intention to escalate or something. Just a desire to name it right what it is.

Renork

Post#35 » Sat May 05, 2018 9:49 pm

Glorian wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 9:31 pm
Torquemadra wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 8:45 pm What occured in part of WARs 5 year tenure is not what happened in other parts and its not like they didnt have their own bugs

Fact is they are still not part of the team, its an extension of a player and their responsibility. Disposable pets are disposable, Lions have survivability tools from the player and separate player augmentation should be able to be removed as a strategy choice without mindless aoe heal spam.

Call it what you will, developer choice, here to stay.
Good, so no correction then but a dev decision to nerf pet classes on ror.

This is no intention to escalate or something. Just a desire to name it right what it is.
White lion pets are a bitch to take down with group heals and HoTs. There was a point where group heals did not affect pets on live. Also, there are several different modifications on this server that do make certain pet classes very strong, which means allowing group heals to affect only makes them way more durable than intended. If anything, this may allow for further consideration for reducing the ap or cast time on magus/engie pets exclusively.

Glorian

Post#36 » Sat May 05, 2018 10:03 pm

Well yes, the Enig and Magus were quite buffed from their position on live. The Turret Buffs were a big boost to get the two classes going. And then reduced step by step.

-reduced mad range to something bearable
-Keg Nerf
-M2 Nerf

But most of the Engi/Magus Buff from is, apart from Phoshourus shells and one Magus abilites, directly build in into the turret/deamon.

Range/AoeCap/Ticks/Damage to 40%/Dodge-Disrupt Buff, all part of the Turret stacks.
If that turret explodes every 5 seconds or less I don't care what it gives me at 8 stacks after 16 seconds, because I will never reach it.
Last edited by Glorian on Sat May 05, 2018 10:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lektroluv
Suspended

Post#37 » Sat May 05, 2018 10:04 pm

What a surprise, another Squig herder nerf...it is almost hilarious.

The nerfs over Squig herder started in T3 times, based in T3 gear and after all those nerfs...now the Squigs are taking the nerfs from other pet classes or even non pet classes, like the WH-WE-SW self punt.

Some of those pet classes got something in exchange like enginers and magues extra damage+range buffs from turrets or demons, or White lion a revamped and effective pet path.... even going into non pet classes like SW got the 50% more critical damage.
Instead the only pet class which gets only nerfs is the one which started to be nerfed earlier and based in wrong equipment and timeline, and some players exploiting the expert skirmish tactic bug (those players which don't play the class anymore)

I don't mind much this nerf, there has been way much more stronger and unfair ones... but if you wanna buff the melee Squig herder path, and just made the Squig herder pet (which grants half of the Squig herder armor) weaker than he was before, removing those heals...it is a bad start for buff the squig herder melee path, when the Shadow warrior mirror has that armor buff granted with a simply unremovable instace.

Sulorie

Post#38 » Sat May 05, 2018 10:13 pm

Healers can still single heal pets. I mean, just do a healers job.

Concerning pets, why don't you place your ranged pets where nobody can hit them?
Dying is no option.

Ads
Dabbart

Post#39 » Sat May 05, 2018 10:39 pm

^^ on that, does /target macro work on Pets? Other than clicking on it, or setting an enemy marker, is there a moderately simple way to target someone else’s pet? Or to monitor their health other than overhead bar/targeting them? Not at a PC to check these things, as I’ve never needed too previously...

That change does add some potential for cool abilities/tactics later that split or add heals to pets...

Thanks for all the work!
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Glorian

Post#40 » Sun May 06, 2018 2:17 am

Sulorie wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 10:13 pm Healers can still single heal pets. I mean, just do a healers job.
Concerning pets, why don't you place your ranged pets where nobody can hit them?
Well Engi needs his pet in 25 feet range of him to give anything. Where are you going to put a pet in a keep defense position in 30 feet range and near you so you can hit the enemy?
Where do you put your pet if you just summoned it in an SC?
Last edited by Glorian on Sun May 06, 2018 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.