Ads

Patch Notes 26/5/2018

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Natherul
Former Staff

Re: Patch Notes 26/5/2018

Post#21 » Sat May 26, 2018 8:56 pm

Standards have been disabled because of issues.

Ads
Glorian

Post#22 » Sat May 26, 2018 9:54 pm

Natherul wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 8:56 pm Standards have been disabled because of issues.
Just a question: Wasn't there some updates planned for the standards?

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#23 » Sat May 26, 2018 10:05 pm

Glorian wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 9:54 pm
Natherul wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 8:56 pm Standards have been disabled because of issues.
Just a question: Wasn't there some updates planned for the standards?
There is and they are being worked on. But we cannot have them in this broken state on live.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#24 » Sat May 26, 2018 10:23 pm

Unstoppable1776 wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 5:43 pm If the dev only want merc/dom to be the only dps set that’s fine.

Make ruin and beastlord heal useful. I could careless which way they go. I just see two useless sets for a dok and trying to make more diverse builds.

Sorry for seeing an error in two sets and trying to correct it.(this mistake was done on live) If feedback is not needed I’ll keep to myself.

It's question for wargrimnir, as he is doing the itemization. I was just asking for more details from your pov if he decides to weight in.

Unstoppable1776
Banned

Post#25 » Sun May 27, 2018 2:08 am

Hargrim wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 10:23 pm
Unstoppable1776 wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 5:43 pm If the dev only want merc/dom to be the only dps set that’s fine.

Make ruin and beastlord heal useful. I could careless which way they go. I just see two useless sets for a dok and trying to make more diverse builds.

Sorry for seeing an error in two sets and trying to correct it.(this mistake was done on live) If feedback is not needed I’ll keep to myself.

It's question for wargrimnir, as he is doing the itemization. I was just asking for more details from your pov if he decides to weight in.
Understandable.

Landgoat

Post#26 » Sun May 27, 2018 3:11 am

Thanks for the fixes Norkalli <3
WAAAAGH!
Shaman/ Landy - rr80
BG/ Killadelph - rr70

Demonthyr

Post#27 » Sun May 27, 2018 3:08 pm

Thanks for all you are doing for the serv', won't post it at each patch but pleasure of playing is still intact after many years.
When irl, work and other obligations are a bit less present it's a wonderful feeling to be able to take a bit time to continue to play this lovely game on this serv'.
Cheers.
Kanzen, Knight of the blasing sun / Demonthyr, chosen of the dark gods

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#28 » Sun May 27, 2018 6:24 pm

Unstoppable1776 wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 2:08 am

Understandable.
I think I answered this on Discord. Essentially it boils down to not using itemization to balance classes.

Beastlord in particular has an intended strength of having higher than average armor and resist values across the set. The bonuses are not directed at any particular spec. Fix it with talismans, that's the downside of a relatively easy T4 set to attain. Notably, the back/jewel/pocket pieces can't be fixed with talismans, which is also intended as these pieces are generally exclusive to many other sets.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
lefze
Suspended

Post#29 » Sun May 27, 2018 6:45 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 6:24 pm
Unstoppable1776 wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 2:08 am

Understandable.
I think I answered this on Discord. Essentially it boils down to not using itemization to balance classes.

Beastlord in particular has an intended strength of having higher than average armor and resist values across the set. The bonuses are not directed at any particular spec. Fix it with talismans, that's the downside of a relatively easy T4 set to attain. Notably, the back/jewel/pocket pieces can't be fixed with talismans, which is also intended as these pieces are generally exclusive to many other sets.
While I agree that fixing class issues shouldn't be done through items, BL for dok/wp should be balanced for the sake of the actual set and not the class. As it it now, you would have better luck using annihilator/merc than ever slotting full beastlord. And most classes would slot cloak and jewel only anyways. But DoK BL suffers from the cloak being good only for a healspec as you can still throw in an armor talisman while if you take the cloak on a dps spec, you would still get more out of just tossing on a green cloak. The jewel suffers from only being marginally useful for a dps dok if you slot the subpar cloak, and even then it's not even remotely worth equipping. Point being that you would be better off equipping greens/lower tier gear, as the whole idea of the set not being aimed at any spec makes it bad for all specs aswell.

But if you look at experimental mode, the set would have been good as the willpower would be strength, which would mean the set gave strength-weapon skill-wounds. As experimental mode is no longer in the game, I see no reason not to change the stats and let the set work like it would with experimental mode.
Rip Phalanx

Rumpel

Post#30 » Tue May 29, 2018 3:51 pm

Noh wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 5:13 pm Why one test dummy for a destro and ten for a order?
For white Lions optimating their pounce skills. Attack- flee-attack - flee... all the day
Image Ruedigga

Greetings from Chaos...
Spoiler: