Patch Notes 2/6/2018

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Jildaz

Re: Patch Notes 2/6/2018

Post#41 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:02 pm

Torquemadra wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:26 pm
Jildaz wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:40 pm thx for fixing the pots then :D
was annoying to die with the pots CD even tho it did not heal :)
then take them before you are a picosecond from death, the correct delay will be reinstated on ALL potion items once have gone through the correct values, given they are off GCD a couple of hundred microseconds is appropriate, of couse they could be on GCD and eat much more time.
i like to play on the edge of death :D
Gwelthas : WL 86 The Eternal Host
Gwelthaz : IB 86 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Gweltaz : SL 83 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Ashitakah : SW 82 The Eternal Host

Gwelth : marauder 80
Gwelt : BG 81

Ads
AbuGarcia

Post#42 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:21 am

I just want to say I think it is ridiculous that the pet got "fixed" but sticky squigz works 25% of the time if lucky, and was not on higher priority. I think that SH needs better survivability in the current environment, perhaps another escape mechanism entirely. I also think WL is completely ridiculous, I have watched them kill a 2-h plate tank in exactly 3seconds. Which makes the look at a squig and watch it fall over. Some may argue that squigz can survive with guard and heals, need all armor gems, stance dance...just to have a CHANCE at survival is incredibly ridiculous. I wish the priority would change to actually help the only class I truly enjoy in this game and stop the one sided domination of the WL class. I have been whispered by several players who also hate the way SH and WL are(check the logs if you don't believe me). I wish the priorities of the team would have a meaningful change to the quality of life in the video game for the players sticking with it. I also feel that as time progresses many players may leave due to these circumstances and I also think that if I am banned for this post that's disgusting. I am trying to make a non bias, non detrimental comment, to create constructive criticism in order to make the server have a better experience for everyone involved.

anarchypark

Post#43 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:35 am

ty i have finished quest, got a scroll.
scroll quest line is not on disabled list, you can finish it if u already had it.
not sure for new characters. maybe next event :)
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Spoosh
Suspended

Post#44 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:56 am

Spoiler:
Torquemadra wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:03 am
AbuGarcia wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:21 am I just want to say I think it is ridiculous that the pet got "fixed" but sticky squigz works 25% of the time if lucky, and was not on higher priority. I think that SH needs better survivability in the current environment, perhaps another escape mechanism entirely. I also think WL is completely ridiculous, I have watched them kill a 2-h plate tank in exactly 3seconds. Which makes the look at a squig and watch it fall over. Some may argue that squigz can survive with guard and heals, need all armor gems, stance dance...just to have a CHANCE at survival is incredibly ridiculous. I wish the priority would change to actually help the only class I truly enjoy in this game and stop the one sided domination of the WL class. I have been whispered by several players who also hate the way SH and WL are(check the logs if you don't believe me). I wish the priorities of the team would have a meaningful change to the quality of life in the video game for the players sticking with it. I also feel that as time progresses many players may leave due to these circumstances and I also think that if I am banned for this post that's disgusting. I am trying to make a non bias, non detrimental comment, to create constructive criticism in order to make the server have a better experience for everyone involved.
Sticky squigz works 100%, is undefendable and cannot work any better. The only times it will not work is if you are rooted or if there is no enemy within 30ft. I would also suggest you take some time to peruse the terms of service and what you agree to upon playing here, specifically
- The staff work to their own priority lists. This is because they have the right, as contributors, to do what they want and not what you might want them to do, and because they know better than you what can be fixed at any given time. Complaints about staff priorities are not welcome.
Hello Kathleen Kennedy, could you elaborate on the points that really matters: SH extreme squishiness, WL insane mobility & burst; ultra retarded pets going through floors and attacking from inside walls instead of taking offense from the first mistake you read then shaming and threatening your interlocutor?
Btw do you really think someone who HATES destro (almost only order chars, simply **** other people up when playing destro because loldps Z), buffs his beloved class to insane levels, attemps to nerf the counter-classes and identifies himself as the absolute worst person to walk this planet (high inquisitor Torquemada) should be in charge of balance of this law vs chaos game?

Goodbye - Torque

lefze
Suspended

Post#45 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:17 pm

Actually sticky squigs and all other selfpunts were fixed, they don't work while in the air. The days of countering punts and pulls with it are over. This also applies if you jump or step over a small rock. Makes it extremely wonky since the fix applied to situations I hope the devs had no intention of messing with.
Rip Phalanx

marisco

Post#46 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:09 pm

Norkalli
[10969] Bolt throwers are NPCs not game objects- quest fixed
Quest still can't be completed, as the Uthorin Siegelord is nowhere to be seen. Should I make a new report on bugtracker? The previous one was closed.

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#47 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:21 am

lefze wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:17 pm Actually sticky squigs and all other selfpunts were fixed, they don't work while in the air. The days of countering punts and pulls with it are over. This also applies if you jump or step over a small rock. Makes it extremely wonky since the fix applied to situations I hope the devs had no intention of messing with.
No its working as we intended. If your not on the ground it would be hard to jump back. And using it to avoid falldamage and the like is also a situation that we wanted to counter and stop.

sioding
Game Master

Post#48 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:53 am

Hey,
marisco wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:09 pm
Norkalli
[10969] Bolt throwers are NPCs not game objects- quest fixed
Quest still can't be completed, as the Uthorin Siegelord is nowhere to be seen. Should I make a new report on bugtracker? The previous one was closed.
already on the patchlist for next friday.
OCRANA ...deal with it!
Jolinor
Siolor

sioding[at]returnofreckoning.com

Ads
lefze
Suspended

Post#49 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:03 pm

Natherul wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:21 am
lefze wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:17 pm Actually sticky squigs and all other selfpunts were fixed, they don't work while in the air. The days of countering punts and pulls with it are over. This also applies if you jump or step over a small rock. Makes it extremely wonky since the fix applied to situations I hope the devs had no intention of messing with.
No its working as we intended. If your not on the ground it would be hard to jump back. And using it to avoid falldamage and the like is also a situation that we wanted to counter and stop.
All that is fine, but it introduced so much wonkynes because the terrain isn't flat and there are a lot of miniscule ledges, rocks, logs and other terrain pieces that makes the punts not work where they really should have. And while negating whole punts with the skill was kinda over the top, I see absolutely no reason to not let it counter pulls, but that is for a whole other discussion. The terrain piece thingy really bugs me, just overall makes the fix kinda meh and was the only thing I aimed the previous post at.
Rip Phalanx

lefze
Suspended

Post#50 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:54 am

Torquemadra wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:47 pm
lefze wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:03 pm
Natherul wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:21 am

All that is fine, but it introduced so much wonkynes because the terrain isn't flat and there are a lot of miniscule ledges, rocks, logs and other terrain pieces that makes the punts not work where they really should have. And while negating whole punts with the skill was kinda over the top, I see absolutely no reason to not let it counter pulls, but that is for a whole other discussion. The terrain piece thingy really bugs me, just overall makes the fix kinda meh and was the only thing I aimed the previous post at.
I bet it bugs white lions that they cant pounce in mid air either but the fact remains the ability will not fail, you cant jump if you arent on the ground. Its not complex and your suggestion that walking over a log breaks it is disingenuous to say the least.
It's actually quite valid regardless of how jumping works in real life, while you can have a very realistic point, fact remains if the game followed the laws of physics it would be a different game. And I repeat that I completely understand why the fix was implemented, and that it does in fact work very well for what it was aimed at fixing, but it also puts weird limits on situations outside of the hopefully intended scope of the fix. You can go try whirling pin after walking over the smallest ledge you can find, it will fail even if you are slightly in the air. And while that is exactly what the fix did, you can't really apply the logic you are applying to game mechanics.

But I'm not here to argue reality vs game, I'm just saying that the fix does in fact produce unwarranted failed selfpunts, you can deny it on the basis of "you can't jump in the air", but it does fail even when you would think you aren't actually in the air. Takes some amount of timing in most cases, but it does happen rather frequently.
Rip Phalanx