Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 2/6/2018

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Tesq

Re: Patch Notes 2/6/2018

Post#51 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:09 am

I think it's a problem of compensation, give some feet from the ground as compensation form, like 3-5 feets and it should stop fail, i alredy saw that happen twice. Ppl that were on me use self punt and going nowhere without either being above me or jumping or root or KDed And give em only to sw/squig self punt because pouce dont need it as it cant fail for "uncorrect" weight reasons.

Ads
lefze
Suspended

Post#52 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:36 am

Tesq wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:09 am I think it's a problem of compensation, give some feet from the ground as compensation form, like 3-5 feets and it should stop fail, i alredy saw that happen twice. Ppl that were on me use self punt and going nowhere without either being above me or jumping or root or KDed And give em only to sw/squig self punt because pouce dont need it as it cant fail for "uncorrect" weight reasons.
This, or at least let it apply the snare when it fails, so it's not a 30 second cooldown burnt for absolutely no reason with no effect.
Rip Phalanx

Sulorie

Post#53 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:34 am

lefze wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:36 am
Tesq wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:09 am I think it's a problem of compensation, give some feet from the ground as compensation form, like 3-5 feets and it should stop fail, i alredy saw that happen twice. Ppl that were on me use self punt and going nowhere without either being above me or jumping or root or KDed And give em only to sw/squig self punt because pouce dont need it as it cant fail for "uncorrect" weight reasons.
This, or at least let it apply the snare when it fails, so it's not a 30 second cooldown burnt for absolutely no reason with no effect.
Would be even better, when you are not allowed to use the skill, when you don't meet its conditions, e.g. being on the ground. Like attacks who require a target don't execute, without a target or being in range.
Dying is no option.

lefze
Suspended

Post#54 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:27 pm

Sulorie wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:34 am
lefze wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:36 am
Would be even better, when you are not allowed to use the skill, when you don't meet its conditions, e.g. being on the ground. Like attacks who require a target don't execute, without a target or being in range.
Of course the optimal solution, but I would guess that if it was possible, this would have been the current implementation. I don't think they implement buggy fixes on purpose, so hopefully when/if it is possible this will be the way it works in the future.
Rip Phalanx

lefze
Suspended

Post#55 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:15 pm

Torquemadra wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:52 pm
lefze wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:27 pm
Sulorie wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:34 am
Of course the optimal solution, but I would guess that if it was possible, this would have been the current implementation. I don't think they implement buggy fixes on purpose, so hopefully when/if it is possible this will be the way it works in the future.
Well the first thing you should do is clarify its position. As in "If I am rooted or in the air the ability fires but it doesnt work but goes on cooldown" Then the second thing you do is make a balance proposal regarding it.

And the ability nursemaiding you to the extent where you dont have to judge your own distances isnt going to happen, you set it off with no one in range, get better at it.
It not firing when being CCd is intended and completely fine. This isn't about that at all, anything I can control and fail at is all on my own shoulders, and I really think that is how it should be. The ability failing because of being in the air for any other reason than being punted, pulled, jumping off a cliff, falling from a bridge or any other obvious reason is fine. What is not fine is the ability not working for any reason that isn't the direct effect of a misplay or a play by the enemy. As has been stated it fails when in the air regardless of height or reason, which creates situations that are just plain not okay.

And what I agreed to was the ability not being castable when in the air specifically, didn't bother going that indepth on the response. And this isn't because I'm blind and can't see I'm soaring through the sky, but because wasting a 30 second cooldown for no reason because the game determines I was in the air at the point of the ability activating, while I myself am 100% sure I had my feet planted on the ground sucks, and produces unecessary frustration. I would call it a bug, but seemingly you think this is fine and intended behaviour.
Rip Phalanx

lefze
Suspended

Post#56 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:51 pm

Torquemadra wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:24 pm
lefze wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:15 pm
Torquemadra wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:52 pm

Well the first thing you should do is clarify its position. As in "If I am rooted or in the air the ability fires but it doesnt work but goes on cooldown" Then the second thing you do is make a balance proposal regarding it.

And the ability nursemaiding you to the extent where you dont have to judge your own distances isnt going to happen, you set it off with no one in range, get better at it.
It not firing when being CCd is intended and completely fine. This isn't about that at all, anything I can control and fail at is all on my own shoulders, and I really think that is how it should be. The ability failing because of being in the air for any other reason than being punted, pulled, jumping off a cliff, falling from a bridge or any other obvious reason is fine. What is not fine is the ability not working for any reason that isn't the direct effect of a misplay or a play by the enemy. As has been stated it fails when in the air regardless of height or reason, which creates situations that are just plain not okay.

And what I agreed to was the ability not being castable when in the air specifically, didn't bother going that indepth on the response. And this isn't because I'm blind and can't see I'm soaring through the sky, but because wasting a 30 second cooldown for no reason because the game determines I was in the air at the point of the ability activating, while I myself am 100% sure I had my feet planted on the ground sucks, and produces unecessary frustration. I would call it a bug, but seemingly you think this is fine and intended behaviour.
Right and my point was clearly
and to put you out of your misery Whirling Pin and Sticky Squigz will no longer be able to be activated in the air or if rooted from next patch as I already made changes ONCE I was clearly aware they instead of simply failing to work in a "no players within X" range they actively failed and went on CD in air and rooted. Clarity is important.
Good news, thanks for the fix. Though I actually liked that it failed and went on CD when cast during CC, requires a whole lot more awareness. But failing and going on CD while in the air was just meh because of all the weird stuff going on, so overall I'm extremely happy for this.
Rip Phalanx