Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Crumbs

Re: Patch Notes 9/6/2018

Post#61 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:52 pm

lefze wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:42 pm
Crumbs wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:52 am
lefze wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:14 am

Wait, you want to keep the stacks that are only okay because of the drawbacks, without actually having the drawbacks? Magus is an excellent sniper and soloer, it really is no joke for 1v1s, I really don't get the issues here. Even when starting from zero stacks you should have no problems against any rdps.

I was going to make a post prior to say the only way you know a magus is through playing it. I don't know what magus you played, but no magus or engi makes worthwhile damage without stacks, that's a tricky lesson to learn. The only time you've died to a magus and thought it was unfair or whatever, was because he'd had his eye on you for a while and planned his attack, had full 8 stacks, and managed to get his +15% damage dots on you without you noticing fast enough.

And my point is that they aren't just drawbacks, when you mentioned dok to compare, it does not compare. It would compare if DoK had to cast a pet on the ground in order to get its healing on par with others, and then be bound to it all the time like magus is. Also the pet has core abilities that you cannot heal properly without, and you gotta cast those before your healing on each target, also add in that the pet often bugs out, and you don't have access to these abilities mid combat.

Magus are forced to take their time, if they are not ready for you, and their mine doesn't work, they crumble like dirt. And there are many classes that can exploit this weakness, it IS there after all, no matter the spec.

yeah i guess im going overboard over this, as little as my opinion counts these changes weren't necessary
I'm gonna go ahead and tell you you are wrong, even the stagger part is wrong, a good magus is just gonna wreck people even in melee, there is a right way to spec and there is a wrong way to spec. Obviously if you are an inexperienced, ungeared lowbie in a bad spec you are gonna suffer, but the class is so much better than anyone gives it credit for. Even engy is actually awesome, though both classes suffer hard in party play. But for soloin, which seems to mainly be the main thing you care about, they are absolute beasts. And as for whatever you say about dok, you re completely mistaken. The healing of dok ISN'T on par with the other healers! Mainly because of a mechanic limiting any sustained healing, double dok doesn't work, dok is only there to fill in the gaps of a zealot, as it has rapid AoE heals that the zealot can't get in, but in the long run you can't get by without stopping to channel for 5 seconds quite often. And trust me, no class is as gimped as a dok that is taunted mid Blood Offering while sitting at 30 Essence, literally can't heal.

So as far as I can tell every single argument you try to pull out about magus being so much more gimped than other classes for everything because you have to manage a mechanic is simply not true, or an l2p issue. Especially since you, again, seem to be arguing from a solo perspective. I'm done with this really, go play the game and overcome whatever obstacles you face, and maybe improve instead of trying to argue against a bug fix. I already agreed 150ft was a bit harsh, but the hordes of lone demons in the lakes was just ridiculous, and in many cases free morale etc. for anyone lucky enough to stumble upon them in the right spots. But still, 200ft or so would have made more sense, not fixing it at all however would have been a bad decision.
well tbh you struggle with basic comprehension of the language i speak, so i wont bother any longer
Mekanik/Cqb [engi] 40/86
Zuu [AM] 40/83
[magus] 40/70

Ads
Telperien

Post#62 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:33 pm

Torquemadra wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:30 am
Spoiler:
Telperien wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:50 am
lefze wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:37 pm
Spoiler:

Quite sure that GCD was always present aswell.
You could drink both armor + offensive pot and mount same time, all in 2s :) Now you cant.
rubbish nothing changed in regards to anything other than heal/absorb potions of which there was oddities with failing with abilities crossing over due to GCD stuff, its being looked at
Please look at 8.17s of video, armor + int pot all poped in same second. Easly timing cross checked on clock bottom right, immuvable buffhead icon timer, or GCD refresh on morales.
https://youtu.be/q84U4tNrxBE?t=497

Both healing pots (RvR + crafted) at 7.05s pop same time before GCD goes half way on AP pot icon. As you can see there is a delay between pots going on CD and actual heal gain more less 1/2 GCD.
https://youtu.be/-Egnsh8VeXs?t=424
Just after delay was fixed now all pots trigger GCD. If its intended thats ok:) but if it`s bug, I`ll put it on bugtracker.
Last edited by Telperien on Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Slacking (checking out EvE)

sablasni

Post#63 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:33 pm

@lefze

can you please post build for solo magus?
i know its not gonna be easy but at least wanna go for the right spec from the start

lefze
Suspended

Post#64 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:18 am

sablasni wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:33 pm @lefze

can you please post build for solo magus?
i know its not gonna be easy but at least wanna go for the right spec from the start
http://www.ror.builders/career/magus/s? ... ,5086,5119

If lowbie and need gear I suggest just sniping, can spec firestorm for ultimate zergleech when rr50 if full Anni.

http://www.ror.builders/career/magus/s? ... ,5109,5087

If you wanna have good 1v1 power, kiting power and be able to leech, I would suggest something along these lines.

http://www.ror.builders/career/magus/s? ... ,5087,5121

Fill in the blanks, something like this works aswell, but the added healing isn't worth all that much. You also can't really leech anything with this, and kiting is worse.
Rip Phalanx

sablasni

Post#65 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:40 am

@lefze

thanks man :)

Skullgrin

Post#66 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:02 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:49 am
RyanMakara
- Added an additional currency reward for nearly all Scenario quests for every tier. These can be spent on special Scenario titles at the Title Vendors in either the War Quarter/Undercroft, or at either Sigmar's Hammer/Viper's Pit. Titles include the following;

Gatekeeper, Grisly Knight (O), Lord of Gore (D), Marshreaper, The Crossed, The Forgelord, Bombadier General, The Doomed, Master of Nordenwatch, Stone Cold Troller, Talabec Survivor, The Haunted, The Mad, Everchanging, Eternal Infiltrator (O), Citadel Ceberus (D), The Embraced, Gate Warden, Up In Smoke, Isha's Champion, Parts Pirate, Cairnmaster & The Struggling
Was the Title Vendor in the Undercroft moved and/or removed? I can't seem to find him anywhere, and I can't use the Viper Pit one as I am not in a Guild...
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

geezereur

Post#67 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:20 pm

Wrist Slash - Tactic now adds a 25% chance to Grim Slash activating the buff/debuff component instead of it being guaranteed.

Ouch this one hurts maybe 50% instead plz? ...

lefze
Suspended

Post#68 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:31 pm

geezereur wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:20 pm Wrist Slash - Tactic now adds a 25% chance to Grim Slash activating the buff/debuff component instead of it being guaranteed.

Ouch this one hurts maybe 50% instead plz? ...
Well tbh, it shouldn't be RNG in the first place, but the old implementation was bad aswell. So hopefully we just have to wait for a solid solution.
Rip Phalanx

Ads
Zorjo

Post#69 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:41 pm

This is a very noob question, but I´m new. So, here we go. How to patch the game? I know that when you download the game, the progam is already patched to the last version avaliable in retail: 1.4.8 Build 573. But when the guys of RoR apply patches to the game for adding content and make changes to the server like the one in this post, how to apply this changes to the game? It´s an automatic update? There is something i have to do to apply the changes? When I start the game, I don´t see any update message. Thanks!! And sorry for my english. I´m from Spain.

Sulorie

Post#70 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:15 pm

Zorjo wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:41 pm This is a very noob question, but I´m new. So, here we go. How to patch the game? I know that when you download the game, the progam is already patched to the last version avaliable in retail: 1.4.8 Build 573. But when the guys of RoR apply patches to the game for adding content and make changes to the server like the one in this post, how to apply this changes to the game? It´s an automatic update? There is something i have to do to apply the changes? When I start the game, I don´t see any update message. Thanks!! And sorry for my english. I´m from Spain.
Those are server side patches. You have to do nothing. :)
Dying is no option.