Ads

Patch Notes 9/6/2018

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Yardy

Re: Patch Notes 9/6/2018

Post#51 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:38 am

Sulorie wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:34 am
In any case, when you can't survive alone against certain classes, this game is not about 1vs1, build a team.
Small scale is a component within this game, it shouldn't be ignored or disregarded; to say otherwise is lazy
CRUDE big boss! (Scrubs can lead too)
Yardpig- Black Orc

Ads
Sulorie

Post#52 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:00 am

ella wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:35 am
Sulorie wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:27 am
ella wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:01 am No, even when it was still 150ft away or more and not despawning it is still useful, as it has our toughness buff so when kiting we still were a bit tough until the 20sec resummon timer was up and we could move it again... were not like god gifted lions. When our turret dies so does our defenses. And if i have to use the tactic for instant casts to play the game than the ability resummon is nullified as it wouldnt be needed or used. Seems really thought out. And you can't have kite tactic and defensive tactics at once.
When you kite, you need no toughness tactic. You either kill the enemy who chases you, here you need your turret damage, or you die. Don't overestimate your toughness tactic.
Instant cast tactic doesn't nullify your resummon ability. It removes huge ap cost (60!) and makes the normal summon instant.
There is no space for defensive tactics unless you want to build a tanky rDD but then you don't kite a lot.
Please stop, dont need toughness LOL can you kite a WL, and stop a WH popping on you and kite him? How do you out run the range KD's? WTF i need help, it nullifies it because i have to run the tactic to gain ap otherwise i cant kill anything as im out of ap from all the disrupts and cant kill sh*t, so again resummon still gonna be useless. You obviously dont play either class and are just trying to be a kiss ass or justifying it cause you get rekt by them.
Maybe you stack toughness on a DD class but then you do it wrong.
You don't outrun kd, you attack and kill them, you got all the tools.
AP tactic is for pve or to feed others in your grp AP, when you get pushed into a support role aka pullbot in warbands.

Now let's quit this thread with "how to magus" because this isn't about patchnotes.
Dying is no option.

Sulorie

Post#53 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:01 am

Yardy wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:38 am
In any case, when you can't survive alone against certain classes, this game is not about 1vs1, build a team.
Small scale is a component within this game, it shouldn't be ignored or disregarded; to say otherwise is lazy
Small scale means group sized engagements, not soloing.
Dying is no option.

Crumbs

Post#54 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:31 am

Crumbs wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:21 am
Sulorie wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:52 am
You have all of this, on top of 3sec cd instant casts. Use your tactics properly.
When your pet is 150ft away from you, it is useless to you. When you want to kite, use kite tactics. :roll:
What am I kiting and with what damage stacks? A WL? A Witch 7sDisrupter? Maybe a ranged knockdown SW/BW? A slayer that is unguarded and without healing? What’s our best “kiting” tool? 1 mine every 30 seconds?
First, you shouldn't lose to a bw or sw in 1vs1.
Second, the stagger daemon has no 30 sec cd, you should know this.

Yes you should, they have hard cc at range and can plan deadly coordinated strikes with it when caught off guard. Maybe not if magus gets the jump first but they'll likely still survive, if they're smart, bw can cleanse and run away. Magus doesn't chase, if boc doesn't kill them beyond range then you don't have anything else. God help you if you get caught without a pet. No heal debuff also. A healed dps will make short work of you whether you are healed or not, this includes bw and sw.

The stagger has a 15s cooldown, but you wont be doing a stagger on the same target 15s ago no matter how many mines you throw at them, so its 30. And you wont stagger anyone that has even the mildest DoT on them

but survival against certain classes isnt the only issue, its the whole package that magus is, not enough damage, nowhere near enough mobility, takes far too long for setup. A team carrying me isn't the same as having the support of my team. Tell me the last time anyone was ever in need of a magus' dps unless they had no other choice?

Can you imagine a healer that could only do 50% of his job because of a dumb mechanic and then forced to rely on his team for the other 50%? Not going to work, he's not worth it 1 for 1, and is the weakness of the party.

And that's magus and engi in a nutshell. They are riftbots first before anything else
Mekanik/Cqb [engi] 40/86
Zuu [AM] 40/83
[magus] 40/70

lefze
Suspended

Post#55 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:37 am

Crumbs wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:31 am
Can you imagine a healer that could only do 50% of his job because of a dumb mechanic and then forced to rely on his team for the other 50%? Not going to work, he's not worth it 1 for 1, and is the weakness of the party.
Have you played dok/WP? Anyways, your mobiity issues are solved with
http://www.ror.builders/career/magus/s? ... mm=&mt=&t=

As for the actual 150ft range on the change, it's a tad harsh, could be 200ft or even 250ft.
Rip Phalanx

Crumbs

Post#56 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:02 am

lefze wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:37 am

As for the actual 150ft range on the change, it's a tad harsh, could be 200ft or even 250ft.
Not mobility, mobility and retain damage instead of losing 20s worth of stacks for every pet recast. The nerf of pet range is an added insult.
Mekanik/Cqb [engi] 40/86
Zuu [AM] 40/83
[magus] 40/70

lefze
Suspended

Post#57 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:14 am

Crumbs wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:02 am

Not mobility, mobility and retain damage instead of losing 20s worth of stacks for every pet recast. The nerf of pet range is an added insult.
Wait, you want to keep the stacks that are only okay because of the drawbacks, without actually having the drawbacks? Magus is an excellent sniper and soloer, it really is no joke for 1v1s, I really don't get the issues here. Even when starting from zero stacks you should have no problems against any rdps.
Rip Phalanx

Crumbs

Post#58 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:52 am

lefze wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:14 am

Wait, you want to keep the stacks that are only okay because of the drawbacks, without actually having the drawbacks? Magus is an excellent sniper and soloer, it really is no joke for 1v1s, I really don't get the issues here. Even when starting from zero stacks you should have no problems against any rdps.

I was going to make a post prior to say the only way you know a magus is through playing it. I don't know what magus you played, but no magus or engi makes worthwhile damage without stacks, that's a tricky lesson to learn. The only time you've died to a magus and thought it was unfair or whatever, was because he'd had his eye on you for a while and planned his attack, had full 8 stacks, and managed to get his +15% damage dots on you without you noticing fast enough.

And my point is that they aren't just drawbacks, when you mentioned dok to compare, it does not compare. It would compare if DoK had to cast a pet on the ground in order to get its healing on par with others, and then be bound to it all the time like magus is. Also the pet has core abilities that you cannot heal properly without, and you gotta cast those before your healing on each target, also add in that the pet often bugs out, and you don't have access to these abilities mid combat.

Magus are forced to take their time, if they are not ready for you, and their mine doesn't work, they crumble like dirt. And there are many classes that can exploit this weakness, it IS there after all, no matter the spec.

yeah i guess im going overboard over this, as little as my opinion counts these changes weren't necessary
Mekanik/Cqb [engi] 40/86
Zuu [AM] 40/83
[magus] 40/70

Ads
lefze
Suspended

Post#59 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:42 pm

Crumbs wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:52 am
lefze wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:14 am

I was going to make a post prior to say the only way you know a magus is through playing it. I don't know what magus you played, but no magus or engi makes worthwhile damage without stacks, that's a tricky lesson to learn. The only time you've died to a magus and thought it was unfair or whatever, was because he'd had his eye on you for a while and planned his attack, had full 8 stacks, and managed to get his +15% damage dots on you without you noticing fast enough.

And my point is that they aren't just drawbacks, when you mentioned dok to compare, it does not compare. It would compare if DoK had to cast a pet on the ground in order to get its healing on par with others, and then be bound to it all the time like magus is. Also the pet has core abilities that you cannot heal properly without, and you gotta cast those before your healing on each target, also add in that the pet often bugs out, and you don't have access to these abilities mid combat.

Magus are forced to take their time, if they are not ready for you, and their mine doesn't work, they crumble like dirt. And there are many classes that can exploit this weakness, it IS there after all, no matter the spec.

yeah i guess im going overboard over this, as little as my opinion counts these changes weren't necessary
I'm gonna go ahead and tell you you are wrong, even the stagger part is wrong, a good magus is just gonna wreck people even in melee, there is a right way to spec and there is a wrong way to spec. Obviously if you are an inexperienced, ungeared lowbie in a bad spec you are gonna suffer, but the class is so much better than anyone gives it credit for. Even engy is actually awesome, though both classes suffer hard in party play. But for soloin, which seems to mainly be the main thing you care about, they are absolute beasts. And as for whatever you say about dok, you re completely mistaken. The healing of dok ISN'T on par with the other healers! Mainly because of a mechanic limiting any sustained healing, double dok doesn't work, dok is only there to fill in the gaps of a zealot, as it has rapid AoE heals that the zealot can't get in, but in the long run you can't get by without stopping to channel for 5 seconds quite often. And trust me, no class is as gimped as a dok that is taunted mid Blood Offering while sitting at 30 Essence, literally can't heal.

So as far as I can tell every single argument you try to pull out about magus being so much more gimped than other classes for everything because you have to manage a mechanic is simply not true, or an l2p issue. Especially since you, again, seem to be arguing from a solo perspective. I'm done with this really, go play the game and overcome whatever obstacles you face, and maybe improve instead of trying to argue against a bug fix. I already agreed 150ft was a bit harsh, but the hordes of lone demons in the lakes was just ridiculous, and in many cases free morale etc. for anyone lucky enough to stumble upon them in the right spots. But still, 200ft or so would have made more sense, not fixing it at all however would have been a bad decision.
Rip Phalanx

Glorian

Post#60 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:47 pm

Before The Bugfix they didn't dissapear even if 600 feet away.

150 is still a little bit short.
I agree that 200 feet should have been better.