Patch Notes 16/6/2018

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
kryss

Re: Patch Notes 16/6/2018

Post#11 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:47 am

wargrimnir wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:59 am
Grunbag

- The Bright Wizard College is open in Altdorf, you can complete the associated quest.
Nvm, got it
Last edited by kryss on Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Natherul
Former Staff

Post#12 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:00 pm

Its being hotfixed right now as another part of code was misbehaving and some code was pulled.

lefze
Suspended

Post#13 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:47 pm

- Self punts and pounce like abilities will no longer fail and incur CDs, they will however still not work while in the air.

Works very well now, thanks for the fix.
Rip Phalanx

lefze
Suspended

Post#14 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:33 pm

- Adjusted Cone AOE ability range.

AoEs were actually intended to have 10ft shorter range than ST abilities. They however had even less range than intended, it seems they are calculating range from center of caster to back of target, instead of center to center. Further, tactics like Expert Skirmisher/CQ are also using the AoE range calculation while they are supposed to use ST calculation, making their range correct(?) only now that they have gotten a 10ft range bonus.

The bug report I made on the issue actually affects most/all AoEs not only cones, and as such the fix is extremely awkward. I don't disagree with simply adding 10ft to AoEs contrary to what was "intended", but only doing it for cones makes everything make even less sense than before.
Rip Phalanx

MedV

Post#15 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:51 pm

Thanks for all the hard work Devs. Class balance in this "Free" game is better than League of Legends, and Dev feedback is on another level above Runescape. I meet new people everyday who have just found this server and are so giddy it exists. If only I had friends IRL who used to play, alas I am the only War nerd I know outside of the Internetz.
The King.

lefze
Suspended

Post#16 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:19 pm

Torquemadra wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:02 pm
lefze wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:33 pm - Adjusted Cone AOE ability range.

AoEs were actually intended to have 10ft shorter range than ST abilities. They however had even less range than intended, it seems they are calculating range from center of caster to back of target, instead of center to center. Further, tactics like Expert Skirmisher/CQ are also using the AoE range calculation while they are supposed to use ST calculation, making their range correct(?) only now that they have gotten a 10ft range bonus.

The bug report I made on the issue actually affects most/all AoEs not only cones, and as such the fix is extremely awkward. I don't disagree with simply adding 10ft to AoEs contrary to what was "intended", but only doing it for cones makes everything make even less sense than before.
That so huh,

There are systems within systems within the client which does strange things with this "10ft" as it stands now the aoe VFX correctly lines up, as they did on live, which is where they will stay. Single target abilities have client choosing things such as if it "reds out" so if they are right or wrong we cant do anything about them without client control. Matching cones to ST ranges effects little.

While we are very grateful for your bug reports we the need to have things to "make sense" to you personally is not a priority and to make things clear, your system of contacting different members of staff looking for one who is amenable to what you want is not a welcome behavior. You want to be on staff, go and apply.
Simply stating what was clarified to me by the guy that implemented it on this server. As for me supposedly contacting staff members to have them do my bidding, I have done no such thing. Simply tried to retroactively make Nath aware that my bugreport incorrectly stated this affected only cones. What the staff took away from my report is all up to you, adding 10ft or fixing the ranges to correctly match tooltip minus 10ft is not on my hands at all, and I don't care how the ranges are fixed. All I'm trying to do is to figure out exactly what is bugged with the abilities, there should be no requirement of being on the staff to report issues accurately. As for this particular issue, I was told more or less exactly how certain things are supposed to work, and my comment was simply aimed at clarifying how the fix actually affected what I put on the bugtracker. And it improved some things, made other things worse by comparison, and actually fixed a big bug with expert skirmisher/close quarters.
Rip Phalanx

Azarael

Post#17 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:34 pm

I will confirm that I contacted lefze and not the other way around. I didn't expect that my doing so would become public knowledge, however.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#18 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:02 pm

lefze wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:19 pm Simply stating what was clarified to me by the guy that implemented it on this server. As for me supposedly contacting staff members to have them do my bidding, I have done no such thing. Simply tried to retroactively make Nath aware that my bugreport incorrectly stated this affected only cones. What the staff took away from my report is all up to you, adding 10ft or fixing the ranges to correctly match tooltip minus 10ft is not on my hands at all, and I don't care how the ranges are fixed. All I'm trying to do is to figure out exactly what is bugged with the abilities, there should be no requirement of being on the staff to report issues accurately. As for this particular issue, I was told more or less exactly how certain things are supposed to work, and my comment was simply aimed at clarifying how the fix actually affected what I put on the bugtracker. And it improved some things, made other things worse by comparison, and actually fixed a big bug with expert skirmisher/close quarters.
I think what you're missing, and I've mentioned this in the past, your posts regarding current bugs in the forums come off as demanding and insistent. The bugtracker exists, we use it, dialogue occurs there as well. If you need to clarify an issue, it's better to do that on the bugtracker ticket. You can edit your own tickets. Your recent post history has mostly been finding some bug, shitting on the forums about it for 10 posts or so, and then getting yelled at by staff members to knock it off.

You already have a handful of warnings, if we need to suspend your forum rights before you take a hint, that's fine with me. Use the appropriate avenues of discussion. Things that are exploitable or abuseable should be taken to PM's whether it's on the forums or on Discord.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
lefze
Suspended

Post#19 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:35 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:02 pm
lefze wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:19 pm Simply stating what was clarified to me by the guy that implemented it on this server. As for me supposedly contacting staff members to have them do my bidding, I have done no such thing. Simply tried to retroactively make Nath aware that my bugreport incorrectly stated this affected only cones. What the staff took away from my report is all up to you, adding 10ft or fixing the ranges to correctly match tooltip minus 10ft is not on my hands at all, and I don't care how the ranges are fixed. All I'm trying to do is to figure out exactly what is bugged with the abilities, there should be no requirement of being on the staff to report issues accurately. As for this particular issue, I was told more or less exactly how certain things are supposed to work, and my comment was simply aimed at clarifying how the fix actually affected what I put on the bugtracker. And it improved some things, made other things worse by comparison, and actually fixed a big bug with expert skirmisher/close quarters.
I think what you're missing, and I've mentioned this in the past, your posts regarding current bugs in the forums come off as demanding and insistent. The bugtracker exists, we use it, dialogue occurs there as well. If you need to clarify an issue, it's better to do that on the bugtracker ticket. You can edit your own tickets. Your recent post history has mostly been finding some bug, shitting on the forums about it for 10 posts or so, and then getting yelled at by staff members to knock it off.

You already have a handful of warnings, if we need to suspend your forum rights before you take a hint, that's fine with me. Use the appropriate avenues of discussion. Things that are exploitable or abuseable should be taken to PM's whether it's on the forums or on Discord.
Look at the bug report, and tell me how much discussion there is between me and a dev trying to help out with clarification and trying to find the root of the issue? There isn't any. So my only arena turns out to be the actual patchnotes regarding the changes. And I didn't demand anything, I simply stated the facts of the matter. And I don't see three warnings as a handful, really.

If something is wrong, and you want your "testers" to shut up about it, that's fine by me. Most of us do, and displeasure has been shown about exactly that previously by the actual staff. If you see constructive input from TESTERS as anything but input, that's on you. I might not be all "pretty please", but I have shown nothing but respect and tried to bring important issues to your attention after extensive testing, to help. And I'm not talking a few minutes, a lot of stuff takes forever to make sense of, especially when there is absolutely no info given about anything when asked. I for one would value actual testing, experimenting and feedback about what is found over people exploiting things until a staff member picks up on it, personal preference I guess.
Rip Phalanx

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#20 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:19 pm

I felt no need for a conversation in the bugreport since after looking at it and talking about it with Torque the issue seemed pretty clear on what the issue was, now if that perception was wrong idk. But as Torque stated it all lines up now.

As for PMing me with bugs, unless they are exploitable in nature I will most likely ask you to take it on the bugtracker anyway as I need to keep track of them, so anything not exploitable in nature will more or less be ignored in the PM box.