Ads

Patch Notes 06/07/2018

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
lefze
Suspended

Re: Patch Notes 06/07/2018

Post#171 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:09 pm

Skullgrin wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:04 pm No, no you mistake me... I'm not complaining, in fact I love that many of the former solo roamers have embraced their inner coward. When I see them fumbling around, zerging from place to place, I think " I helped cause that - helped to create that fear of being killed alone and unmourned". Warms the cockles of my heart, it does...
Or maybe there is just more to the game than killing that one solo chosen over and over. It is a group game afterall, so why not play it like one.
Rip Phalanx

Ads
Skullgrin

Post#172 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:27 pm

lefze wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:09 pm
Or maybe there is just more to the game than killing that one solo chosen over and over. It is a group game afterall, so why not play it like one.

Why, for the very challenge of the thing! Why play the easy way when the hard way is much more mentally rewarding...
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Aurandilaz

Post#173 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:13 am

Could you consider reverting the BW Flashfire from current 50% cast reduction time to either one of the previous versions (instacast, 5 sec ICD, instacast, 3 sec ICD)?
It was slightly challenging using a 1.5 sec cast for your main bomb dmg ability when in the thick of fighting, then it got slightly more challenging with Choppa pulls and now it is again slightly even more challenging as the Order WB formation is ripped apart by rampaging SHs so a 1.5 sec cast might launch after 3rd or 4th second while taking AoE dmg causing setbacks, or simply interrupted several times because you lost your footing to a squig running by.
Tripping on supply boxes on ground not helping much either with getting a cast out.

(Sorc IW with instacast being the effective mirror of previous BW FieryBlast+Flashfire - not Shattered Shadows nor Black Horror due to long cast times when time is of essence)

lefze
Suspended

Post#174 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:29 am

Aurandilaz wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:13 am Could you consider reverting the BW Flashfire from current 50% cast reduction time to either one of the previous versions (instacast, 5 sec ICD, instacast, 3 sec ICD)?
It was slightly challenging using a 1.5 sec cast for your main bomb dmg ability when in the thick of fighting, then it got slightly more challenging with Choppa pulls and now it is again slightly even more challenging as the Order WB formation is ripped apart by rampaging SHs so a 1.5 sec cast might launch after 3rd or 4th second while taking AoE dmg causing setbacks, or simply interrupted several times because you lost your footing to a squig running by.
Tripping on supply boxes on ground not helping much either with getting a cast out.

(Sorc IW with instacast being the effective mirror of previous BW FieryBlast+Flashfire - not Shattered Shadows nor Black Horror due to long cast times when time is of essence)
Or just don't use flashfire. Chance of it getting disrupted makes other options more attractive anyways.
Rip Phalanx

Hargrim
Developer

Post#175 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:29 am

Aurandilaz wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:13 am Could you consider reverting the BW Flashfire from current 50% cast reduction time to either one of the previous versions (instacast, 5 sec ICD, instacast, 3 sec ICD)?

Aint this something that should go to balance proposals :)?

Teckillah

Post#176 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:22 am

I can see a lot of ppl, talking about this rework, they seems happy.
Well Squig amored now can,

- Tank more than a regular tank also with a guard unkillable
- 3 ability to mobility
-- Pounce( damage in aoe, also he can spam everytime " cd 10 wut ? " )
-- knock back in aoe
-- Self Knocked back ( slow 40 % )
- A rush 10 sec( 75 % movespeed ) ( knock back without immunity )
- A snare
- Tactic to increase defence (disrupt, evade parry 15 % )
- Earthquake damage in aoe
- Debuff CD aoe ( 5 sec for 10 sec )
- THE SQUIG PET, less damage taken by AOE ? realy ? ( It funny because you don't put that on WL but you prefer nerf healing group for the pet and give the reduce aoe damage only for the Squig armored ;) )

- Also when someone grab a squig/ squig armored, He can just self knocked back and no one can catch him, or he can ponce 3 or 4 time in row. ( the fact to be able to self knocked back in the air was removed from the SW ;) )

Seriously isn't a bit overkill ? This is serious or just a nigtmare ?
More op than a tank, more even than the OP guardian WL.
Balance will come soon or better to let this like that ?
4 or 6 Squig armored per SC, complelty stupid and impossible to win.
Think about that ...

Sgttimmen

Post#177 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:06 am

It is the start of a good change for the squigs, but needs balancing, there has to be a more impactful tradeoff like cut down the dmg numbers and toughness a bit. With guard yeah we are pretty much ez mode, and im sure that was never intended and it will be balanced further. Give the devs a chance to evaluate.

Grobbok

Post#178 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:55 am

Teckillah wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:22 am Seriously isn't a bit overkill ? This is serious or just a nigtmare ?
Think about that ...
empty talk
I could say the same, 4-6 WL on SC, complelty stupid and impossible to win.
lider of Da fat squigs guild

Ads
diedrake

Post#179 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:18 pm

Teckillah wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:22 am I can see a lot of ppl, talking about this rework, they seems happy.
Well Squig amored now can,

- Tank more than a regular tank also with a guard unkillable
- 3 ability to mobility
-- Pounce( damage in aoe, also he can spam everytime " cd 10 wut ? " )
-- knock back in aoe
-- Self Knocked back ( slow 40 % )
- A rush 10 sec( 75 % movespeed ) ( knock back without immunity )
- A snare
- Tactic to increase defence (disrupt, evade parry 15 % )
- Earthquake damage in aoe
- Debuff CD aoe ( 5 sec for 10 sec )
- THE SQUIG PET, less damage taken by AOE ? realy ? ( It funny because you don't put that on WL but you prefer nerf healing group for the pet and give the reduce aoe damage only for the Squig armored ;) )

- Also when someone grab a squig/ squig armored, He can just self knocked back and no one can catch him, or he can ponce 3 or 4 time in row. ( the fact to be able to self knocked back in the air was removed from the SW ;) )

Seriously isn't a bit overkill ? This is serious or just a nigtmare ?
Think about that ...
All i see from this is " waa! Squigs are not freenown anymore'

I am sure some balences will come but its nice to see that squiggies can fight back vs a wl now :D :p
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

saupreusse
Developer

Post#180 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:58 pm

simtex wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:36 am
saupreusse wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:34 pm
simtex wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:49 am These changes are not good, thanks for the memories - my guild is out.
Im sure the next changes will be the opposite of "not good" with such valuable, high quality feedback! The precision with which you described the problem and tried to explain to us is unsurpassed! Wonderful!
Necroing an old post, but do we live in the same world? play the same game?

I dont recognize this game i used to love so much anymore, my advice(not like people yourself acctually give a ****) stop trying to reinvent the wheel.
Let me quote one of the conditions you have accepted the moment you created an account:
"If you suffer from [...] the inability to criticise changes directly, instead complaining about changes having been made per se because you didn't want the original game to change at all, no matter how (appealing to tradition), then you are not welcome here."
So don't behave like you've been treated unfair. You should have read what you've signed up for...