Ads

Server Patch Notes 27/7/2018

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
davispeed
Game Artist

Re: Server Patch Notes 27/7/2018

Post#101 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:28 am

Dammy095 wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:29 am classes which use instant abilities already had an edge over those with cast time, because you dont regen ap when casting/channeling
for example, zealots can finally run out of ap when nonstop spamming flash heal now, which makes sense
NO ITS NOT..... clearly u dont know much about zealot and i feel bad for you. Zealot already had AP problem way before they "fixed" this; Unlike Runepriest btw(runepriest is AP heaven). Now its a stuggle to heal enuff to keep your grp up. OF COURSE there always a way, its just a real pain in the butt now. Again u MUST drop one good grp abilities for the AP tatic wich is a chance to proc on crit and its far from heaven; unlike runepriest.
]

Ads
Dammy095

Post#102 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:28 am

spending 15 ap per ability, while having ap regen
now you have to slot ap tactic

calm down bro, im a shaman main

Vayra

Post#103 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:26 pm

7rere7 wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:50 am
I think the first dot tick at +10 % disrupt chance for enemy target would be beneficial.
Why should there be extra disrupt chance for magical dots? Should we then also get extra block/parry/dodge for melee/physical ranged dots? If not, why?
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

Elio

Post#104 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:52 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:13 am
Azarael
- Fixed an issue with AP regeneration using the grace cooldown of 1.1 seconds instead of the real cooldown of 1.5 seconds. This will affect the AP regeneration rate of classes which lean on instants; cast time abilities notice no change.
I'm a little ignorant when it comes to underlying combat mechanics, so I could use some clarification here. AFIK the GCD for abilities is 1.5s, and now the AP timer is 1.5s. From testing on a dummy I saw that if I spam abilities I get 0 AP ticks, so (I'm assuming) hitting a key before you regen will reset the 1.5s AP timer.

Is the intended mechanic here to have players stop spamming keys/punish rapid ability casting, or to add a mechanic where everyone needs to delay ability input by 1.5s to ensure they regen while attacking? Also, how is this affected by ping? I found that with NA ping I would sometimes see my AP tick 2s after an ability. However, this could also be b/c I don't totally get how the timer works.

Thanks y'all for helping me understand how this mechanic works!

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#105 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:54 am

Elio wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:52 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:13 am
Azarael
- Fixed an issue with AP regeneration using the grace cooldown of 1.1 seconds instead of the real cooldown of 1.5 seconds. This will affect the AP regeneration rate of classes which lean on instants; cast time abilities notice no change.
I'm a little ignorant when it comes to underlying combat mechanics, so I could use some clarification here. AFIK the GCD for abilities is 1.5s, and now the AP timer is 1.5s. From testing on a dummy I saw that if I spam abilities I get 0 AP ticks, so (I'm assuming) hitting a key before you regen will reset the 1.5s AP timer.

Is the intended mechanic here to have players stop spamming keys/punish rapid ability casting, or to add a mechanic where everyone needs to delay ability input by 1.5s to ensure they regen while attacking? Also, how is this affected by ping? I found that with NA ping I would sometimes see my AP tick 2s after an ability. However, this could also be b/c I don't totally get how the timer works.

Thanks y'all for helping me understand how this mechanic works!

I don't feel like rewording all of it, so have a snippet from discord instead

Noiree Last Sunday at 2:44 PM
there's definitely something off with ap regen atm - you dont run out of ap when spamming flash, normally and my zeal especially not - got 13 ap/sec static regen, spell costs 15 ap and I run out of ap quickly
yep - my ap regen from items is not active

wargrimnir Last Sunday at 2:48 PM
I suspect all AP regen is treated the same. It waits in queue for the 1.5s refresh. Previously it was 1.2s. If you were spamming spells before you would hit the 1.5s client GCD, and you would get one tick of your AP regen at the 1.2s interval, this probably included any forms of AP regen, so your resto burst and passive item bonuses would all pop in before your second spell was cast.
With enough AP regen, you would effectively not run out of AP while spamming spells, unless you were timing your casts to go off based on the server GCD of 1.1s
Which requires not queuing an ability and is actually really tricky to time
Or did you mean that you're not getting any passive AP bonus even if you don't cast something immediately after?

Noiree Last Sunday at 2:50 PM
I'm not getting the AP regen from my items - got a total of 13 AP / sec on my items and those ticks aren't coming anymore
with that amount of regen, I should be able to spam flash of chaos infinitely
and I was before

wargrimnir Last Sunday at 2:51 PM
I explained why that wouldn't be the case with the recent change of the AP regen from 1.2s intervals to 1.5s intervals. :smile:

Noiree Last Sunday at 2:51 PM
still, ap regen from items is not attached to those ticks

wargrimnir Last Sunday at 2:52 PM
Cast until you're out of AP. Look at your ticks. See if value changes with AP items equipped or not. No difference at all?

Noiree Last Sunday at 2:56 PM
yeah - it's active as an addon to normal ticks but it should work while casting etc otherwise ap on items is useless

Azarael Last Sunday at 2:57 PM
I think there was a topic on its handling some time ago?

wargrimnir Last Sunday at 2:59 PM
Then there's probably only the one AP queue
Not a separate one for abilities/items

Azarael Last Sunday at 3:10 PM
There is only one AP queue and information found was that the item value increased its tick value
Time spent out of GCD is added to the timer
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog