Server Patch Notes 27/7/2018

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Tolfhic

Re: Server Patch Notes 27/7/2018

Post#71 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:52 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:13 am Amidala
- Removed GOs "Altar of bloodshed" from T3 keeps
Was this the Altar you needed to click on as part of the Scroll of Altdorf quest? Does that mean the scroll is no longer obtainable? Or is this something totally different and I'm mistaken.
<As If> & <Last Night in Sweden>
Mains: Chariot SM (7X), Tolfhic WH (Badlands: 94)
Alts: Dokdisrespect DoK, Mspe WP, Bleeped Chosen
He's a WH fleeing from fights with this rotation; Flee, AP pot then stealth

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#72 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:56 pm

Tolfhic wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:52 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:13 am Amidala
- Removed GOs "Altar of bloodshed" from T3 keeps
Was this the Altar you needed to click on as part of the Scroll of Altdorf quest? Does that mean the scroll is no longer obtainable? Or is this something totally different and I'm mistaken.
That was part of an event. They'll return as rewards in future stuff.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Dabbart

Post#73 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:05 am

Spoiler:
wargrimnir wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:59 pm
Dabbart wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:43 pm Sorry if already covered, but with DoT changes being reverted, does that mean the DoTstat based damage is returned to the amount at time of Cast, and not recalculated per tick? Also, Detaunt still breaks on pre applied DoT damage taken?

Thanks for all the work!
Are you asking these questions because you've tested and noticed they're different? This was a very specific change and I don't see anything that recalculated ticks or detaunt breaking has to do with it.
Azarael wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:02 pm
The only change, codewise, is that the function which inflicts DoT damage does not incorporate its defense check. Nothing else has changed.
Sorry, I’m working a venue all day/night so can’t login. Live4treasure’s post stated that you can’t use debuffs to increase the damage retroactively, and I posted before I read the entire thread(and assumed they had just tested it). My bad. I jumped the gun.

Awesome. Thanks for the response(both of you!), sorry for the dumb question. Looking forward to trying it out on my Sham... some day...
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

davispeed
Game Artist

Post#74 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:28 am

-ZEALOT

SO now 1 good rotation of heals and surprise!! ..out of ap!! -The ritual AP CANT help you here- Zealot are using instant cast abilities hmm.. lets say, 80% of the time atleast. Very good change indeed!! The AP struggle was already real b4 u changed\"fixed" this. Now its just bad and almost unplayable or atleast u cant "compete" on healing. Too bad u dont test it in real RVR environement\gameplay; On paper it might look good but in real RvR situation it just dont make sense for zealot. Retroactive Burst tactic now, ok maybe.... its a question of "choose wisely my friend" i guess, but it force you again, to dropped one good grp tactic....

Yea im a bit upset with that change as a zealot player and yes its a feedback from one gamer of this community.
]

larsulu
Suspended

Post#75 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:03 am

davispeed wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:28 am -ZEALOT

SO now 1 good rotation of heals and surprise!! ..out of ap!! -The ritual AP CANT help you here- Zealot are using instant cast abilities hmm.. lets say, 80% of the time atleast. Very good change indeed!! The AP struggle was already real b4 u changed\"fixed" this. Now its just bad and almost unplayable or atleast u cant "compete" on healing. Too bad u dont test it in real RVR environement\gameplay; On paper it might look good but in real RvR situation it just dont make sense for zealot. Retroactive Burst tactic now, ok maybe.... its a question of "choose wisely my friend" i guess, but it force you again, to dropped one good grp tactic....

Yea im a bit upset with that change as a zealot player and yes its a feedback from one gamer of this community.
totally agree.
decimo marauder
larsulu zealot
norsemanherra wp
stormurfru dok

Hrihor88

Post#76 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:04 am

davispeed wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:28 am -ZEALOT

Agree , my zealot is ruined cant hold up a target now , Always 0 ap

Wally34

Post#77 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:12 am

Aye. Zealot is suffering very bad from the changes. 1 round of insta heals and you out of ap. Also agree with before mentioned lack of anytime ap ritual, forced burst tactic, and a almost forced hand into a 4 piece onslaught set that is not exactly engame gear. (Does kadrin work with the lord going through portals and resetting, does elf 22 work and doable now?). Seemed because honestly the set wasnt that sought after, the pqs worked at 1st now who knows, and basic lack of leadership/teambuilding/ lack of interest in chp22, that the onslaught farming is lets says almost nonexistant now on destro. Before you get whacky about onslught remeber its lower af and lower stats in a class that almost has to run all armor talis. The very very simple testing i did was on myself and found that without restorative burst, you simply have no ap to even flash...after 1 rotation of insta heals. Also keep in mind the role most healing zealots play is a MOBILE st healer with occasional group healing/cleansing/stoping to rez etc.

Nameless

Post#78 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:38 am

Ap management is not less important occupation than kitting and target selection. Untill now because of bug it was benefiting insta casts now is fixed so ppl should relearn how to spam again. And there is nothing wrong for healer to use resto brust + on live all high end gear had ap procs if u now have infinity ap even without resto brust there is something wrong isnt it?
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Ads
live4treasure

Post#79 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:53 am

The ap change after having pvped for yestrday seems quite annoying to play with and makes ap drains devastating and necessary at all times. In many cases I was able to effectively make one target do absolutely nothing for a very long time by simply dropping down a single ap drain and it seems that KotBS/Chosen ap drain/restore aura will almost be mandatory in small scale if you want to be able to play at all. I'm going to test out the aoe ap drain tactic for AM and say what the result is, but it seems to me like the +maximum ap renown ability is going to become mandatory for every single class except for ib/bg and wp/dok, which isn't good imo, it's never good to have a mandatory renown tax before you get to the fun stuff. Can't say I'm a fan of these changes so far, but I hope wherever this line of development brings us will be a good place, or if my understanding of the potential negative impact is correct, that they will be rolled back.
Giladar - rr 80 DPS AM

qwerty113

Post#80 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:06 am

Grunbag wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:52 pm
qwerty113 wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:59 pm Guys when will be new set t4 ?! its long time gone after conc was implemented. No one farming Gunbad cus gear and stufs from it are not needed to anyone compared to conc/genes
You had Beastlord, Imperator , Redeye , onslaught after conq already

Now it was turn to T2 players to start the merged campaign with a decent gear .

There is sentinel and invader on the work so be patient
i cant wait
Feroze - wh | Faiz - bw
Roam video's thread