Recent Topics

Ads

Server hotfix notes 06/08/2018

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Bowldancer

Re: Server hotfix notes 06/08/2018

Post#81 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:52 pm

Renork wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:35 pm look how many people think the disrupt rates are fine even after being shown numbers).
I think the formula is fine even after seeing the numbers. Before i avoided stacking Willpower as it scaled badly. I went for survivavbility instead. Also Weaponskill would be even worse without it.
I am also glad to see a strikethrough renown - that was long overdue.
45 points for 14% is too expensive imho.
Grimmsch Grimnirsson (2H Giantslayer, 40/85)
Spoiler:
40+: 2H-CHOPPA, AM, RP, WP, SM, IB, KotBS, WL, WH, BW, ENG, SW
Alts in T4: SHA, SH, BO, BG, CHO, MAR, WE

Ads
GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#82 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:56 pm

Hat wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:50 pm
Azarael wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:13 pm Now, ruthless brutality towards one another aside - what do you guys want to do? Remove True Strike and revert to the formula RoR used during my time, or work with the present situation? While Disrupt from Willpower is certainly high, is it desirable that healers have such significant resistance to magic in particular? Is it desirable that casters are encouraged to target classes other than healers?
Reverting to the old disrupt formula sounds like a great idea, if it feels like casters become too strong over it then I think the better choice at that point is to nerf their damage rather than nerfing their fun (disrupt, disrupt, disrupt... etc.)

I still think that you should consider simply changing back True Strike to a 20 point investment but making it disrupt strikethrough only though, melee classes and physical ranged classes have more than enough tools to mitigate (or nullify) parry and dodge and in order to gain the disrupt strikethrough from True Strike you have to invest RR; more than a fair compromise.
If you revert to AoR formula and still include True Strike, then no one will ever disrupt a spell again. For 20 renown points, it would be beyond a no brainer: might as well make it inherent to all casters at that point. Has to be one or the other, and I think the formula reversion is a cleaner fix than using RR bandaid.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Azarael

Post#83 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:07 pm

I'm inclined at the moment towards disabling TS and reverting the calculation.

I'm also hearing some concerns about morale gain rates in small scale.

Hat

Post#84 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:11 pm

GodlessCrom wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:56 pm
Hat wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:50 pm
Azarael wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:13 pm Now, ruthless brutality towards one another aside - what do you guys want to do? Remove True Strike and revert to the formula RoR used during my time, or work with the present situation? While Disrupt from Willpower is certainly high, is it desirable that healers have such significant resistance to magic in particular? Is it desirable that casters are encouraged to target classes other than healers?
Reverting to the old disrupt formula sounds like a great idea, if it feels like casters become too strong over it then I think the better choice at that point is to nerf their damage rather than nerfing their fun (disrupt, disrupt, disrupt... etc.)

I still think that you should consider simply changing back True Strike to a 20 point investment but making it disrupt strikethrough only though, melee classes and physical ranged classes have more than enough tools to mitigate (or nullify) parry and dodge and in order to gain the disrupt strikethrough from True Strike you have to invest RR; more than a fair compromise.
If you revert to AoR formula and still include True Strike, then no one will ever disrupt a spell again. For 20 renown points, it would be beyond a no brainer: might as well make it inherent to all casters at that point. Has to be one or the other, and I think the formula reversion is a cleaner fix than using RR bandaid.
I probably worded it badly, I meant instead of changing the formula just stick with true strike being a thing but being disrupt only and 20 points of RR max.

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#85 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:14 pm

Oh gotcha
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

catholicism198

Post#86 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:15 pm

I am in constant awe of how receptive to feedback you are.

It all depends on your vision for the game as a whole. The original balance DEV had this in mind when he worked on the game:
Spoiler:
https://war.jeuxonline.info/actualite/1 ... ou-ciseaux
But that's not the case.

This game is just difficult to balance as a whole because of how unbalanced mirrors/archetypes are between the two factions...
If you go the "casters are encouraged to target classes other than healers?" route, then Destro will be at a disadvantage because two of their rdps classes are casters and the other is....um... while only one of Order's is.

People have suggested in the past to give caster archetypes, Magus/BW/Sorc, a Pierce Defenses of their own, which would help, but it's also easier to apply to more targets than Pierce Defenses is because of the number of AE abilities casters have as opposed to prdps- so in wb vs wb setting, it would only require 2-3? casters to debuff the enemy players.

Ultimately it should come down to what you think would work best for the game and where you see it going, as most opinions will be biased.

geezereur

Post#87 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:29 pm

Im all for Remove True Strike and revert to the formula you guys used during your time.

geezereur

Post#88 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:30 pm

Azarael wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:07 pm I'm inclined at the moment towards disabling TS and reverting the calculation.

I'm also hearing some concerns about morale gain rates in small scale.
Also moral rates are way to fast I have been doing some Scs and everyone was dying super fast thanks to morals going of like crazy.

Ads
Dammy095

Post#89 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:32 pm

i have 490 willpower on my shammy, do people really raise their willpower just for disrupt ?

Telen
Suspended

Post#90 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:34 pm

You would expect cloth healers to be less of a target for magic ranged as they are more susceptible to physical damage. Seems like rock paper scissors to me. I dont see why backline dok wp should be immune though.