Ads

Server hotfix notes 06/08/2018

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Azarael

Server hotfix notes 06/08/2018

Post#1 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:46 am

[Abilities]
- Detaunts now reduce the damage of any of your effects on detaunted targets by the detaunt's reduction value.
- The Close Combat tactic now correctly triggers on single target melee ability damage rather than all melee ability damage.

Slayer/Choppa
- Retribution and Bring It On now correctly scale with rage.

Witch Hunter/Witch Elf
- Stealth now correctly has a chance to break when attacked rather than when receiving any damage.

[Renown]
- Backend work on sending renown packages from the trainer correctly.

True Strike
- Costs modified to be in line with crit abilities (5, 10, 15, 15) = 45 total.
Enough people seemed to think TS was an excessive addition that I'll make this tweak, but we will now see how things go.

[Scenarios]
- Fixed the bonus experience gain mentioned in the last patch and increased the value. Scenario XP gain formula is now TeamScore * Math.Pow(Tier, 1.67) * ScenarioSpecificRewardScale instead of TeamScore * Tier * ScenarioSpecificRewardScale. This means 2.5x more win XP in Tier 4.

Ads
merkin

Re: Server hotfix notes 06/08/2018

Post#2 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:56 am

Not sure if this hot patch got anything to do with it buddy but hell.. :( Azarael it ruined my vibe..

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/293736377?t=00h18m12s

just happened in the past 30 minutes or so

Edit: I did that restart and it seemed to solve my issue. Sorry to bother ya az

Raggaz

Post#3 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:00 am

Dot + detaunt, still triggers auto attack. Is it suppose to do this?

Sulorie

Post#4 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:12 am

Raggaz wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:00 am Dot + detaunt, still triggers auto attack. Is it suppose to do this?
Afaik only attacks should cause AA, not damage ticks. This might have been overlooked.
Dying is no option.

catholicism198

Post#5 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:20 am

That was fast. let's see how it turns out.

chakzo

Post#6 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:28 am

No more stealth break when dotted? Ok, that may help a bit.

notre

Post#7 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:03 am

"- Detaunts now reduce the damage of any of your effects on detaunted targets by the detaunt's reduction value."

That means if I DoTed someone Deatunt doesn't break, and I have my recieved damage reduced? (I mean, now Deataunt works as intended?)
8x -> Zealot
7x -> Magus, rSH, Sorcerer, Shammy Heal, mSH
6x -> Shammy dps
5x -> DoK , Wich Elf, Choppa, Chosen, BWizard
4x -> Mara
3x -> BG, Zealot dps
2x -> BO, 3rd Shammy

dshdf

Post#8 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:53 am

Azarael wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:46 am
True Strike
- Costs modified to be in line with crit abilities (5, 10, 15, 15) = 45 total.
Enough people seemed to think TS was an excessive addition that I'll make this tweak, but we will now see how things go.
thats a bit overkill ihmo
also an interesting solution came to my mind : is it possible to prevent striketrough tactics and rr investment from stacking?
e.g. real striketrough = tactic OR rr striketrough (which of them is higher) +stat striketrough+item % striketrough
with previous costs or rr striketrough this will
a) allow classes with striketrough troubles to get some for reasonable rr price (with last changes you need 64 rr only for 120 main stat and 9% striketrough)
b)classes with striketrough tactics wil get an option to replace it with rr and pick another tactic
c) there will be no easy achievable 30+% stiketrough which as i understand is a main concern

Ads
Gangan

Post#9 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:20 am

notre wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:03 am "- Detaunts now reduce the damage of any of your effects on detaunted targets by the detaunt's reduction value."

That means if I DoTed someone Deatunt doesn't break, and I have my recieved damage reduced? (I mean, now Deataunt works as intended?)
I would read this like you get your outgoing dmg also reduced on the detaunted target. So you dot -> detaunt and your dots do the reduced dmg, too.
Pächter des Wahnsinns
Gangan - SH 75 .... Blumnmoscha - BO 63
Scophis - Zealot 73 .... Drengur - WP 64
Iznogoud - Sham 50+ .... Bixo - Engie 50+
Apogemoth - Magus 40+ .... Loarelle - AM 65
originating from Drakenwald

Reesh

Post#10 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:24 am

That tweak looks kinda tough, especially when d/d pricing stays the same.

Edit: I just did some playtesting - it's defo not worth 45points of investment, at least for a caster. Still disrupts are ungoing left and right and getting like chains of 4 in a row. I understand the concern of melee/tanks picking it up and them going overboard, but casters even though maxed out with it are still in not that good of a shape.
Swapping out disrupt strikethrough as a solo pickable option whilst cheaping it out would be a good idea, if new calculations in regards to int to disrupt strikethrough ratio won't occur.