Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Natherul
Former Staff

Client Changelog 01/09/2018

Post#1 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:04 am

[Interface]

Sullemunk, Yaliskah
- Added a career resource display for the Knight of the Blazing Sun for future use.

It's coming, so be ready for it. Chosen's has already been done but isn't included in this patch.

Azarael

[Abilities]

Shadow Warrior
- Enchanted Arrows's secondary effect no longer grants resistance bypassing to Festering Arrow and Flame Arrow, and in its place, allows Acid Arrow to debuff Corporeal resistance.
- Brutal Assault is no longer usable in Path of The Scout.
- Opportunistic Strike is now also usable in Path of The Scout.
- Rapid Fire is no longer usable in the Path of The Skirmisher.
- Flame Arrow is now also usable in the Path of the Skirmisher.
- Shadow Sting is now Skirmisher 5.
- Eye Shot is now Skirmisher 9.
- Barrage is now Skirmisher 13.

- Barrage additionally snares by 40% for 5 seconds.

Reports on Enchanted Arrows indicated the tactic was situational, for use against tanks. That wasn't my intention.

Disarm option enabled for Scout in place of the pure damage ability Brutal Assault, which I feel makes more sense. Likewise for having a stationary damage channel usable in Skirmisher instead of the instant cast AoE DoT.

Barrage was obscured completely by Lileath's Arrow. I considered an Initiative debuff, but White Lion has it covered already.

Slayer
- Distracting Roar will now exhaust your Rage. Power Through will nullify this effect.

Choppa
- Outta My Face! will now exhaust your Rage. Wot Rules?! will nullify this effect.
- Wear 'Em Down now mirrors the new Violent Impacts.

Talk to Sacrx about this one.

Bright Wizard
- The damage of Ruin and Destruction has been reduced from 1200 at rank 40 to 450 at rank 40.
- Ruin and Destruction will debuff Wounds on targets hit by 180 at rank 40.

Marauder
- The damage of Great Fang has been reduced from 1200 at rank 40 to 450 at rank 40.
- Great Fang will debuff Wounds on targets hit by 180 at rank 40.

Two classes that already bring a lot to the table and don't need this as well.

Knight
- Encouraged Aim is now Overpowering Strike and affects Arcing Swing instead of Press The Attack.
- Emperor's Champion now has a 60 second cooldown, but its duration has been reduced from 30 to 15 seconds and the value of the stats gained has been reduced from 240 to 160 at rank 40.

Preparatory work. The aura system is violated if any one aura should ever become objectively more powerful than the rest.

Runepriest
- Rune of Breaking now shows as a buff.
- Rune of Striking's base damage now matches Radiant Lance's.
- Rune of Immolation's base damage now matches Law of Conductivity's.

Zealot
- Harbinger of Doom now shows as a buff.
- Ritual of Innervation now directly mirrors Master Rune of Fury.
- Scourge's base damage now matches Brain Bursta's.
- Warp Reality's base damage now matches Life Leaka's.

QoL. The base damage was inexplicably lower than it should have been for these two abilities.

Swordmaster
- Vaul's Tempering no longer increases armor.
- Vaul's Tempering reduces incoming damage by 10% while active.
- Phoenix's Wing snares targets hit by 20% for 2 seconds.
- Phoenix's Wing's range has been reduced to 25 feet.

Black Orc
- We'z Bigger no longer increases armor.
- We'z Bigger reduces incoming damage by 10% while active.

With potions still in the game and still heavily obscuring actual ability buffs to armor, plus bonus effects from Heaven's Blade, Da Greenest, Crushing Advance and others, there was little purpose in granting an armor debuff. -10% incoming damage has been provided instead.

Phoenix's Wing was the last SM ability in need of some assistance. I previously used it as a spam to proc Enchantments but it seems Wrath of Hoeth is preferred for the purpose of farming on-hits. The ability has been changed to take advantage of the shift mechanic. Whether or not it's powerful enough remains to be seen.

Archmage

Core
- Drain Magic now has no cost, but requires a Blessing on target. It will consume that Blessing to restore 60 AP immediately and then steal an additional 90 AP over 9 seconds.
- Drain Magic now builds Force and consumes Tranquility to gain 25% strikethrough.

Isha
- Apotheosis will now trigger a shield on group cleansed allies.
- The buff to Funnel Essence from the last patch has been reduced to +50% rather than +100%.
- Cleansing Flare is now Path of Isha.

Asuryan
- Storm of Cronos will now correctly build Force.

Vaul
- Balance Essence and Energy of Vaul are no longer undefendable, and are instead tooltipped as 20% Strikethrough.
- Energy of Vaul now heals affected allies for a consistent 1k at rank 40, plus 50% of the damage you dealt to each target.
- Mistress of the Marsh is now Path of Vaul.
- Golden Aura is now Vaul 7.
- Arcing Power is now Vaul 3.
- Penetrating Siphon is now Vaul 11. Causes Balance Essence and Energy of Vaul to inflict more damage, scaling with Intelligence, but removes the fixed heal component and prevents move-casting.

Shaman

Core
- Yer Not So Bad now has no cost, but requires a Blessing on target. It will consume that Blessing to restore 60 AP immediately and then steal an additional 90 AP over 9 seconds.
- Yer Not So Bad now builds damage-related Waaagh! and consumes heal-related Waaaagh! to gain 25% strikethrough.

Mork
- Scrub Ya Gud! will now trigger a shield on group cleansed allies.
- Geddoff! is now Path of Mork.

Da Green
- I'll Take That! and Fury of Da Green are no longer undefendable, and are instead tooltipped as 20% Strikethrough.
- Fury of Da Green heals affected allies for a consistent 1k at rank 40, plus 50% of the damage you dealt to each target.
- Sticky Feetz is now Path of Da Green.
- Nuthin' but da WAAAGH! is now Green 7.
- You Really Got Nuthin is now Green 3.
- Waaagh! Frenzy is now Green 11. Causes I'll Take That! and Fury of da Green to inflict more damage, scaling with Intelligence, but removes the fixed heal component and prevents move-casting.

Group lifetaps have been changed to be more consistent instead of returning extreme values.

Drain Magic and Yer Not So Bad are likely to be controversial. I felt that consuming a Blessing was reliable given that the four other healers throw Blessing around liberally, and I wanted to ensure that the tool is reliable for healers while taking a hit for DPS and in very small scale.

Penetrating Siphon and Waaagh! Frenzy exist to re-enable the old lifetap spec's design of using Intelligence to heal for those who may have wanted it. I make no promises that it's in any way viable - it's mostly there for legacy/consistency reasons.

Both puddle and range KB are defensive effects, but one is stronger than the other. If there's a mandatory tree to dip into then I'd prefer that tree to be Vaul / Da Green, which need the help. Damage/Heal or Heal/Damage specs sacrifice the third tree but have a weaker tool instead. Both tools should be reworked to provide heals instead of damage, but not sure what is best atm.

Witch Hunter
- Hastened Expurgation now allows the use of openers.
- Hastened Expurgation now triggers a stance hotbar swap.
- Blessed Bullets will no longer expire.

Witch Elf
- Shadow Runner now allows the use of openers.
- Shadow Runner now triggers a stance hotbar swap.
- Kisses will no longer expire.

QoL changes are so enjoyably non-controversial.

White Lion
- Axeman's Craft, Hunter's Craft and Woodsman's Craft now trigger stance hotbar swaps.
- Stance shifts no longer animate.
- Crafts no longer innately grant the pet any bonuses. Instead, the tactic Full-Grown is now Trained for War, and additionally causes the pet to gain abilities relevant to the current craft. Axeman's Craft grants damaging abilities, Hunter's Craft grants debuffing abilities and Woodsman's Craft grants area-effect abilities. This forces a choice between Loner and Trained for War.
- The pet's auto attack interval has been increased to 3 seconds as a result of the above.
- Ability level requirements have been adjusted.

Hunter - Core
- Hack: Requires Hunter's or Axeman's Craft, mirrors Marauder Rend as Curse type.
- Pack Assault: Requires Hunter's or Woodsman's Craft.
- Shattering Blow: Requires Hunter's Craft, inflicts damage over time and debuffs Toughness, no longer conditional on Shred.
- Blindside: Additionally debuffs Block and Parry chance by 10%.
- Throat Bite: No longer requires Hunter's Craft.

Hunter - Spec
- Thin The Herd: Now Hunter 5, cooldown up to 15 seconds. Debuffs healing by 25% and heals you for 33% of the heals the target actually receives.
- Oak Toppler is now Hunter 7.
- Oak Toppler now debuffs Wounds by 60 per stack.
- New tactic Merciless Culling at Hunter 11. Thin The Herd debuffs healing by 50% and its cooldown is reduced by 10 seconds.
- New skill Dominating Strike added as Hunter 13. Deals damage and increases cooldowns on target by 5 seconds for 10 seconds. 15 second cooldown.

Axeman- Core
- Sundering Chop: Requires Axeman's Craft, no longer conditional on Lion's Roar, AP cost down to 25.
- Lion's Fury: Now requires Axeman's or Woodsman's Craft.
- Fey Illusion: Now requires Hunter's or Axeman's Craft.

Axeman - Spec
- Leonine Frenzy has been replaced with Intense Focus, 25% damage boost.
- Intense Focus is now Axeman 9.
- Cull the Weak is now Axeman 5.
- Pack Synergy is now Keen Edge - 50% critical bonus damage. No longer requires pet.
- Practised Swing is now Axeman 11.
- Keen Edge is now Axeman 7.

Woodsman - Core
- Woodsman's Craft now increases Toughness by 120 (up from 80) and also increases Initiative by 120.
- Protector of the Pack has been replaced with Brutal Pounce.
- Brutal Pounce no longer requires Woodsman's Craft.
- Primal Fury now requires Axeman's or Woodsman's Craft instead of just Woodsman's Craft.
- Primal Fury now increases chances to defend by 10% instead of buffing Toughness.
- Ethereal Cleave now also reduces Weapon Skill by 120.

Woodsman - Spec
- Echoing Roar correctly indicates its range of 30 feet.
- Whirlwind: Reworked as Ethereal Transferral. Now causes Ethereal Cleave's DoT to heal you for the damage it inflicts.

This is the rest of what should have been in the first rework. Fixed stance bar and Marauder-style dual ability stancing, plus more damage and debuffing in the Hunter stance and some more power and defense given over to Woodsman. Crit tactic dropped to middle of Axeman, where it is on Marauder, for use in other specs. Playstyle choice is now managed by Loner and Trained for War.

Some people wanted the removal of the Wounds tactic. I've instead increased its potency; two stacks of Hack give the standard 120 debuff and an extra stack provides 60 more.

If you're going to mention that using a tactic as a playstyle shifter is not a great solution - believe me, I know. I'll likely change this in future.

Torquemadra
[Black Orc]

[Path of Da Brawler]

- Keep It Goin'! - Now increases damage of Da Big Un'

[Misc]

- Aligned VFX to Heaven's Blade team buffs.

Ads
roadkillrobin

Re: Client Changelog 01/09/2018

Post#2 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:11 am

Morale Wounds debuff stacks with Ability Wounds Debuff?

Foomy44

Post#3 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:19 am

- Waaagh! Frenzy is now Green 11. Causes I'll Take That! and Fury of da Green to inflict more damage, scaling with Intelligence, but removes the fixed heal component and prevents move-casting.

Holy crap! This is gonna be fun to test 8-)

- Scourge's base damage now matches Brain Bursta's.
- Warp Reality's base damage now matches Life Leaka's.

O GAWD I don't know which dps healer to log first. Either way about to make some teammates in pug SC's real angry
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

scatterthewinds

Post#4 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:29 am

SM changes weren't necessary. Class was fine as it is.

I also dont see the point of the AM changes.

@Aza. This game desperately needs stability. Mass changes to classes seemingly every week now is not good for anybody.

Roguibu

Post#5 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:33 am

[quote=
- Added a career resource display for the Knight of the Blazing Sun for future use.

It's coming, so be ready for it. Chosen's has already been done but isn't included in this patch.

[/quote]

Can´t wait for the chosen changes!! when can we have some info on this ???
Zasssca chosen 80
Minox squig herder 7x
Discoestu magus 6x
and more

catholicism198

Post#6 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:38 am

scatterthewinds wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:29 am
Ranged knockback to keep enemies away from you for backline healing.

Puddle to prevent enemies from leaving range for life tap abilities.

ap drain was oped.

tactic for...well most of us asked for it.

all makes sense to me.

Azarael

Post#7 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:40 am

scatterthewinds wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:29 am SM changes weren't necessary. Class was fine as it is.

@Aza. This game desperately needs stability. Mass changes to classes seemingly every week now is not good for anybody.
Thank you for your opinion.

delcon

Post#8 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:40 am

really don't like the m2 nerf on bw could you suggest how to stop the des melee ball now or break funnels ,
I know your trying stuff but not a good direction imo . first day of patch yadda yadda see how it goes ,
des must be pleased

Ads
Tarantoga

Post#9 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:44 am

really love the m2 changes

tazdingo

Post#10 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:46 am

knight and chosen changes cannot come soon enough, knight being made more interesting and fun to play will certainly help in order's composition woes

i really like the flat dmg reduction now available to SM and BO, especially since avoidance has been nerfed in several ways recently. 10% is huge but needed on what are possibly the 2 least tanky tanks

also expect to see dps shamans everywhere, like, 2016 levels