nebelwerfer
Legacy RR80

Re: Server Patch notes 08/10/2018

Post#71 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:02 pm

Sulorie wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:19 pm
nebelwerfer wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:48 pm
Will the nerf to inevitable doom be reverted? it's a bad nerf imo. We got screwed when aza recklessly nerf us and then leave.
Why was it bad? Why should an aoe skill be mandatory for single target dps?
Sulorie wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:07 pm
nebelwerfer wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:30 pm

Bad nerf because he nerfed the dmg of ID applied on single target too much, forcing annoying workaround where you need to apply ID on nearby targets for more DPS, moved spinecrusher to giantslayer, leaving slayer with exactly 0 ST core abilities that scale with Troll / skaven specc.

I disagree that ID was mandatory for ST, I don't think aoe tree ever had better st DPS potential. Better long-time sustain but never close in burst. Please show me the discussion for these changes so I can understand it better.
Why should anyone going up aoe tree be able to increase his ST spamable attacks? You made the decision for aoe focus.
You don't get all in one build anymore. :)
For max ST dmg, skavenslayer isn't the way to go.
ID was so good because you stack a quite strong dot on top of your ST direct dmg skills.
You never got all in one build, the ST burst of giantslayer was always better. It seems to me he was basing his nerf to make people try 2h to get feedback.

Truth is 2h build had big weaknesses so nobody used it (except for the spellbreaker spam + power through tactic.) It has been rebuilt and is actually good now, i tried it.

There is supposed to be a correlation between risk and reward. ID is one of those abilities where if you use it you potentially lock yourself out of detaunt for 4-8 seconds making you easy target. + detaunt has super long CD compared to other melee classes. On a low mobility low defensive target this can hurt quite bad.

So just because "it was good" dmg it should be nerfed?? Isn't "good" dmg all the slayer brings?!!

Lots of complaining that order has no melee and lack aoe dps, WL needs to be brought up with BW and whatnot, but nerf slayers pure DMG numbers!?

it makes 0 sense to me. it goes against the spirit of the ability and it just feels much less fun to play now.

Ads
qwerty113

Post#72 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:10 pm

nebelwerfer wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:02 pm

Truth is 2h build had big weaknesses so nobody used it (except for the spellbreaker spam + power through tactic.) It has been rebuilt and is actually good now, i tried it.

There is supposed to be a correlation between risk and reward. ID is one of those abilities where if you use it you potentially lock yourself out of detaunt for 4-8 seconds making you easy target. + detaunt has super long CD compared to other melee classes. On a low mobility low defensive target this can hurt quite bad.

So just because "it was good" dmg it should be nerfed?? Isn't "good" dmg all the slayer brings?!!
Slayer ID need defently be reverted, cus no any classes has this kind of nerf - ability hit less single target than aoe. What is that ?!
Feroze - wh | Faiz - bw
Roam video's thread

Sulorie

Post#73 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:34 pm

qwerty113 wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:10 pm

Slayer ID need defently be reverted, cus no any classes has this kind of nerf - ability hit less single target than aoe. What is that ?!
For what you want more damage as Slayer? You deal full dmg as aoe, just less single target dmg with this skill.
Dying is no option.

bctakhy

Post#74 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:52 pm

Torquemadra wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:19 pm
bctakhy wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:22 pm
DoK cloack "Subjugator's Greatcloack" (STR version) not in buy list. U can only change it for other items.
What "buy list"? You can only get it from purple keep bags.

*edit* there is no "str version" for doks, there is one per class, no more, no less, no offspec.
Well, in the "trade list"... I dont know if here is more than 1 cloack, but on my DoK i see 2 diferent subj cloack that i can trade for items.

Aurandilaz

Post#75 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:13 pm

I guess the alternative was between making a good more lucrative dualwield ST spec or nerfing down AoE tree as ST spec option... so obviously, well you know. :P
Technically making all 13pts abilities more "equally awful" is also way to approach balancing.

edit; but yeah, if you want to make sure Order has a melee line for wb purposes, maybe de-nerf ID? Alternative picks to BW, be it Slayer, WL, WH, Engi, SW... well you can start by making the ID less "lol wut"?

roadkillrobin

Post#76 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:32 am

Or you just make Cleft in Twain actually worth picking up by making it a pulsing DD dot just like Bleed em out used to be (and BeO currntly cost 20 AP more for no reason)
And there would be very little incentive to actually climb the Skavenslayer tree as ST spec Slayer.

Gangan

Post#77 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:27 am

bctakhy wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:52 pm
Torquemadra wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:19 pm
bctakhy wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:22 pm
DoK cloack "Subjugator's Greatcloack" (STR version) not in buy list. U can only change it for other items.
What "buy list"? You can only get it from purple keep bags.

*edit* there is no "str version" for doks, there is one per class, no more, no less, no offspec.
Well, in the "trade list"... I dont know if here is more than 1 cloack, but on my DoK i see 2 diferent subj cloack that i can trade for items.
Probably the same problem as with the BO. The sword is usable for DoK and BG, so the other cloak might be the tank-version
Pächter des Wahnsinns
Gangan - SH
Blumnmoscha - BO
Iznogoud - Sham
Apogemoth - Magus

originating from Drakenwald

mubbl

Post#78 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:29 pm

Natherul wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:15 pm
No procs will gain benefit from the stat outgoing damage % (which is what slayer/choppa and Eng/Magus get from mechanic)
so its just class mechanics and not tactics like loner for dot tactics on wl for example?
cause that would mean you nerfed the aviable wb spec for wl by 25% :D
also was the defence formula changed again?

Ads
Natherul
Lead Developer

Post#79 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:38 pm

no change was done to the defence formula. If that was done it would have been on the notes.
Lead dev does not mean I´m the best coder around, it just means I have taken on a management role for the devs.
Join the Unofficial IRC
Idrinth´s addon database and client

obamia

Post#80 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:54 am

Bozzax wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:04 pm
ReturnOfReckoning wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:59 am
[General]
- Procs no longer benefits from increased damage % stats.

Would it be possible to get some clarification regarding damage increasers and PROCs? Is this limited to item PROCs or all PROCs including COVs/Prayers/kisses/Bullets etc (I'm guessing no)?

Are all these changed (below) including melee dps flanking tactic and Choppa / Slayer mechanic and won't affect PROCS?

Also are off hand traded as PROC in this case?

Thanks in advance!

E: I hope I got most right (some stuff may have changed)
ty for this, though i think Taunts are also missing from the list