Ads

Server Patch notes 27/10/2018

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Paura

Re: Server Patch notes 27/10/2018

Post#71 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:36 am

Engineer
The 11pt Tactic 'Tracer Rounds' will now increase your chance to critically hit by 15% as long as you are within 100ft of your turret.

Bad, the engineers are too powerful as a class have a speed of exaggerated damage, too many dots and too much damage, all this makes the fight not fun because you do not even have the ability to react especially if you meet more than 1 engineer.

You removed Unshakable Focus m2 because it was exaggerated, so you completely ruined Squig Herder by taking out all of his burst damage.

Ads
Fey

Post#72 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:03 am

Weeping jeshua, stop this nonsense and go play. It's Halloween ffs. Save this crap for after Christmas. Some of us who left for Apoc are actually returning because of the dismal population there.

Fair?!
Who's the nihilists around here you bunch of crybabies!
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

Charon

Post#73 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:31 am

Crumbs wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:04 am The buff to that engi tactic even though I main an engi, is too much, 15ft was a little low, at least match it to the turrets 25ft... but not 100ft, because that’s 1 tactic that gives all of engi abilities a +15% chance to crit indefinitely, whilst magus needs to pick 1 of the 2 crit enhancement tactics, they don’t get to be as all rounder as engi, on top of already not having a keg.

Magus is not doing so hot right now, unfixed firestorm bugs, and engi solely is getting a lot of love - why?
hmmm good point. My eng is crit based grenadier and i always percived keeping Traced round up as a main part of my play and skill (loyal pet/ well oil mashine etc). Of course all buffs to eng is good thing but im rather waiting for realisation of devs idea concerning bandolier (grenadier 11pt). From perspective of game requirements aoe/rvr builds need to be polished, st rifleman/thinker build is i think good enough.

Cheers
Karak Azgal - Haron WP
Karak Norn - Haeroon KoTBS
RoR:
- Chaeron - SM
- Nogrun - magnet eng
- Cheron - i want sorc Black Horror skill for my BW ;)

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#74 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:58 am

short patch today to set some buffs to persist on death and logout, some items that were still being worked on dropped and as such they where removed from drop and purged from inventories.

Jildaz

Post#75 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:26 am

Good first step patch.
Nice balance for choppa's, people are complaining but choppas were way overpowered with that pull in every scene, WB and small groups.

I had to stop playing at small scale with my guild because there was no chance of kiting at all.
For my part, i used to be a solo player, small scale up to 6 man party, i enjoy skirmishes.
I think the main purpose of this server was to encourage small scale Rvr, but its a big failure as desto just zerg all the time.
You can' t fight more than 1 min without getting rolled on by ennemy zerg, making the game very frustrating. Just look at the maps, there's no Bo's control at all, just one big zerg moving from 1 bo to another and then hit the keep. Small destro premade no longer exist or just sit near the zerg just in case they will loose to order premade and get saved. It is really sad.
Main problem currently in Ror is this zerg and M2.

I have always think that WB plays without AOE M2 would be very fun to play actually, i dont like WB because of M2. Its too easy to gear with morale jewerly , wait 10 sec and press 1 button to wipe the ennemy.

AAO should give a power buff or an ennemy debuff to balance Rvr and destroy that zerg mentality which is killing every small scale guild step by step.
Of course i wont talk about the WL which is broken for months now.

It is sad for destro if BW is overpowered in bomb wb tho. Removing AOE M2 for all class would solve that problem and people would actually learn to play their class.. (just my thoughs). Who like to get wipe withint 15 sec during a fight... seriously ?
The only pb is to take Keep without a power spike for destroying a funnel, but maybe making powerful M4 with great damage would help.

About the new SC.. well sorry guys but i have to say that the Team is focusing on releasing a new SC instead of acutally fixing what they have. Imo they are focusing wrong priorities, ppl dont want new stuff right now, they want a balanced game.

GL and HF
Gwelthas : WL 86 The Eternal Host
Gwelthaz : IB 86 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Gweltaz : SL 83 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Ashitakah : SW 82 The Eternal Host

Gwelth : marauder 80
Gwelt : BG 81

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#76 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:34 am

Jildaz wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:26 am About the new SC.. well sorry guys but i have to say that the Team is focusing on releasing a new SC instead of acutally fixing what they have. Imo they are focusing wrong priorities, ppl dont want new stuff right now, they want a balanced game.
Thx for your general feedback :). I have to quote this specific part of your post for an important reason.

You have to know that in the team, we are not interchangeable. Those who can add new content are not (necesseraly) those who can fix.

For exemple, i can make some changes on client appearance here and there, but i'm absolutely unable to make something broken working correctly.

Ninjagon

Post#77 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:38 am

I am a veteran BW as I was in original WAR. Compared to the original game, a life for a Bright Wizards is a lot harder now and i mean a LOT.
If you pick this class, prepare to die the most (against destro melee), from all order clases, by far, and off course you will kill self too.
Having Ruin and Destruction (M2 AOE) back is nice but is it all, what BW can do? It is the only weapon? No. Its just an extra sweet bait for those fragile cannon fooders like me, who dare to go closer to the deadly melee train.
Expecting 7 or more BWs hitting M2 all at one place is just unreal, but you can dream and cry about for sure.
Nerf the M2 again, I am fine with it. I will still play my class and my enemies will still burn.
Ninjab - The White Lion. No Destruction character. RETRIBUTION guild.
Also: Velmires - WP, Carnow - KotbS, Ninjagon - BW, Nynja - SW, Stin - WH, and others.
Spoiler:

nebelwerfer

Post#78 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:34 am

neww sc looks / feels awesome

Ads
Rockalypse
Former Staff

Post#79 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:42 am

Jildaz wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:26 am AAO should give a power buff or an ennemy debuff to balance Rvr and destroy that zerg mentality which is killing every small scale guild step by step.
Of course i wont talk about the WL which is broken for months now.
Agreed on all things you said but one I quoted. There is strong game design issue in part of encouragement of BO afk. So you can have 60v40 in zone, but effectively have 40v40 battles, giving any buffs to AAO when this is game reality will just add punishment mechanism to one side (on which afkers are playing) while keeping zerg problem in place if not worsening it.

carlos

Post#80 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:04 am

Fey wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:03 am Weeping jeshua, stop this nonsense and go play. It's Halloween ffs. Save this crap for after Christmas. Some of us who left for Apoc are actually returning because of the dismal population there.

Fair?!
Who's the nihilists around here you bunch of crybabies!
This is just a portion of the daily destro whine.
Anyway, I'm glad that you're back to RoR.
Starfkr