Recent Topics

Ads

Server Patch notes 01/12/2018

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Rydiak

Re: Server Patch notes 01/12/2018

Post#71 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:37 pm

Make sure you spec full renown into Defender. It is a massive 1000% increase to block chance. :P

And yea, I do miss the parry strikethrough from the 2hander but I am so glad we got tons of new tools to use.
Last edited by Rydiak on Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

Ads
Feru
Suspended

Post#72 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:56 pm

doenny

Post#73 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:29 pm

Snoxx wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:54 pm
Agree what Snoxx mentioning here and thanking him saving my time otherwise I would write it:)

And adding another thing as food for thoughts - what about make one of the grace WP healing strikes an AOE strike-heal?

When I charging frontlines, hard to target others then tank. Hiting tanks pointless - block - no dmg = no heal.

Just for reconsidering. Divine strike might be good choice, cause its doing aoe heal 10 feet around. Or use another AOE ability.

PS: WP "HTL" is awesome thx!;) Having much fun with this toon now.

BR Đ
Donnyen - Swordmaster rr80
Huguess - Knight of the Blazing Sun rr65
Bernardt - Warrior Priest rr65
Galalsandar - White Lion rr60

Rydiak

Post#74 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:41 pm

doenny wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:29 pm
Agree what Snoxx mentioning here and thanking him saving my time otherwise I would write it:)

And adding another thing as food for thoughts - what about make one of the grace WP healing strikes an AOE strike-heal?

When I charging frontlines, hard to target others then tank. Hiting tanks pointless - block - no dmg = no heal.

Just for reconsidering. Divine strike might be good choice, cause its doing aoe heal 10 feet around. Or use another AOE ability.

PS: WP "HTL" is awesome thx!;) Having much fun with this toon now.

BR Đ
....you mean Sigmar's Radiance? :?
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

doenny

Post#75 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:58 pm

Rydiak wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:41 pm
doenny wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:29 pm
....you mean Sigmar's Radiance? :?
Not sure what you refer to ,but yes, one of this single target abilities like Divine Strike or Sigmars Radiance might be AOE strikes. Could be usefull on keep defence at door for healing.

Regarding "HTL" ment Shielding Grace.

My WP got about 25-30block with Defender, Shield and gear. Missing specific gear for this kind on new melee heal WP, block would be nice as 6th armor set bonus.

BR Đ
Donnyen - Swordmaster rr80
Huguess - Knight of the Blazing Sun rr65
Bernardt - Warrior Priest rr65
Galalsandar - White Lion rr60

Rydiak

Post#76 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:03 pm

Divine Strike is a targeted AoE heal, and Sigmar's Radiance is a party heal. I'm confused to what you are asking for.

Tamarlan

Post#77 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:29 pm

Hargrim wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:46 pm
doenny wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:34 pm ...

Thing is, the current system was not designed to give players the freedom and convenience of doing whatever they want, it was designed to populate the dungeons. If we require some runs in each instance this means there will be more players around willing to run it and it will be easier to find people to do the dungeons with.

The dmg reduction idea is, well, bad, because only tanks and maybe melee DPS need to have wards to attempt to do the dungeons - healers and RDPS can ignore it or find a way to bug the wards mechanics to ignore the penalties.

By the end of the day it will be something like 5 dungeons total, each will require between 10 and 20 hours to complete the set if you are unlucky.

As for set appearances, we don't have that many of them available and each dungeon one is, well, assigned to the dungeon already.
Intention understood but I bet you achieve the opposite. Only time can tell but my bets are on emtpy instances and eventually a more flexible live-like wards system.
Halvar RP
Halver SL
Halversen IB
Halva ENG

roadkillrobin

Post#78 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:43 pm

adamthelc wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:46 pm
roadkillrobin wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:35 pm
Rydiak wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:41 pm

I'd have to double-check, but I thought WP/DoK abilities still generated class resources even when avoided, meaning Pillage Essence should still generate 45 SE when used. If so, that is 45 SE versus 30 from Blood Offering.

But really, nothing changed for Dark Rites/Salvation other than a few abilities from Grace/Sacrifice being easier to reach.
Everything changed. You no longer have a relible melee heal that can generate resources aswell as doing some healing while doing so You no longer have a groupheal on the move when in close pxomity to enemies.
Not being able to use SR/TE without a shield is 1 thing. You can count that as a nerf, though I think the majority of backline healers wont even notice. You also get AoE Detaunt baseline, which I think most backline healers will notice.
Using the AoE detaunt and Smite/Essence Lash is kinda a wate of a tactic alot of times. But the AoE detaunt and Sigmars Radiance/Transfer Essence still worked.

The problem is that there's NO synnergy between Dark Rites and the other mastery paths at this point, whick completly breaks the concept of career builds. It's really bad from a game design perspective, as ALL other classes have cross path synnergy in one way or another.

I think the one way to fix this is by making Sigmars Radience and Transfer Essence require Shield OR Chalice/Book to be used.
Or option B, being able to swap between Chalice/Book and Sheild in combat,

Ads
Snoxx

Post#79 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:51 pm

Rydiak wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:37 pm Make sure you spec full renown into Defender. It is a massive 1000% increase to block chance. :P
Sure, it's nice to be able to spec Defender now, but it's not like we get anything for free.
If I spec Defender (renown %block) I can spend less points on parry and dodge/disrupt.
I gain something and I lose something. End result is always about the same.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#80 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:58 pm

Snoxx wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:51 pm
Rydiak wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:37 pm Make sure you spec full renown into Defender. It is a massive 1000% increase to block chance. :P
Sure, it's nice to be able to spec Defender now, but it's not like we get anything for free.
If I spec Defender (renown %block) I can spend less points on parry and dodge/disrupt.
I gain something and I lose something. End result is always about the same.
Block essentially works as Parry Dodge and Disrupt, you save renown points by using it over the other two.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog