Server Patch notes 01/12/2018

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: Server Patch notes 01/12/2018

Post#121 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:57 am

WExWH wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:11 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:22 pm I'm glad that Conq is still a viable choice despite Vanq being statistically better due to the flavor of procs on earlier sets. That's kind of the point we want to push forward into the future with additional sets. There's a small curve moving forward, but you should be able to consider several different sets for your playstyle instead of feeling compelled into the top tier set. On Live there was very rarely any question from tier to tier, you take the next best thing. RoR will make you think a little bit deeper about how you want to kit yourself out because the statistical difference will be less impactful.
in this case why not put them all at the same level instead of nerf some set that was interesting to use, mixed 3/4 different set is your solution compared to live ?
Part of it is simply that the work hadn't been done. Devs in the past viewed the Mythic itemization model as good enough and ran with whatever they had a reference for. I put in the the extra work to break it down, figure out how it works using math, and adjust the models so it's less painful to scale into the RR70's worth of gear. All the adjustments I've made have been based off this model, and any sets that I've created have been the result of this model. Not everyone adheres to it perfectly, and my self-imposed responsibility is to come through occasionally and make sure people are in line and not creeping for the sake of creep.

As time goes on I find new ways to incorporate lesser used bonuses, or have new realizations about how stats interact with each other that might not have been as obvious on previous sets. I'm hoping there's some kind of rhyme/reason for the 4-5-6-7pc set bonuses, but as of now they just seem slapped together. Procs, because of this, are under the most scrutiny for change because no set bonus should be strong enough that it decides the playstyle of a class or so heavily cements it as a BIS slot option that can't be swayed by anything else. Things can still be GOOD without being the VERY BEST. There's a difference, and anyone with a sense of subtlety will know the difference between getting set X because META requirements, and picking up set Y because it's INTERESTING, and good enough to be competitive with.

Min/maxers gonna mix/max. Have fun. I don't care. Just let me know if something is so insanely off the rails that it's a hardcore requirement so we can hammer the **** out of it, then build it up to a position of strength without being overbearing. That's the least that I can hope for.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
qwerty113

Post#122 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:58 am

Hm.. dont think old procs in new sets its what people expect for all this 2 years - like bw/sorc 0 od on next ability, 4% dps for last bonus its just nothing.
Feroze - wh | Faiz - bw
Roam video's thread

Panodil

Post#123 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:53 am

Worst thing we can do is that geargap that destroyed live server, they almost had to give away sov to even things out. This is still only rr55 gear.
Panodil WP
Panodill DoK
Panodilz Zealot
Panodilr Runepriest
Run Shaman
Panage Archmage

Foltestik

Post#124 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:23 am

Panodil wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:53 am Worst thing we can do is that geargap that destroyed live server, they almost had to give away sov to even things out. This is still only rr55 gear.
if you play this game for 3 years you wanna have better gear and character then newcomer who play this game for 1 month